Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011

Thread: True Blood Season 3

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Damn, people don't like anything nowadays. It wasn't as good as other episodes, but I enjoyed. Writers gonna have their own visions. Episode got me thinking.

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

I liked it but I thought it could have been more "finale-ish." It didn't feel like a finale to me.

Though, I'm glad they've finally shown bill for the asshole he is >:[

Bill betrays Eric! Eric survives! What a letdown for a season finale. Or was it? I think for me the season veered off course from the awesomeness that I was hoping for. Still Eric stole the finale. And its always good to see Godric.

It was like a doll part on the floor or something. If they add ghosts into that I'm gonna punch someone.
    It looked like a full doll to me. I have a feeling they're going to reinvestigate the "Voodoo/Vodou" thing that they had going in.. the first season? All I know, is that I groaned at the end of that scene. I was also fairly upset.

Damn, people don't like anything nowadays. It wasn't as good as other episodes, but I enjoyed. Writers gonna have their own visions. Episode got me thinking.
    Season finales are supposed to have a sense of closure mixed with epic cliffhangers and what-the-smurf moments. This season's had, well, none. It was poorly constructed and rushed without any real substance aside from things that everyone already knew was going to happen.

Breakdown:

Five minutes of Jessica? Really, writers? Come on now. I know she isn't a central character in the show but she is one of the better characters and the best vampire on the show at the moment.

Jason: Okay, his little finale was decent, I suppose, because I can actually believe that it was in his character to do something like taking care of a family of were-kitties who all look like they're straight out of the Great Depression but the way they arrived at the end of his arc was kinda meh. They need to give him more substance and, at least once, not have him fall for a girl who is completely imbalanced.

Sookie/Eric/Bill: One can only hope that Anna Paquin is out of the series and it'll focus on something else for once. The Fey storyline was over and done with the moment they introduced it (partly due to her inability to act in a convincing manner). Bill betraying both Eric and Sookie was somewhat unexpected (insofar as the manner in which it was done) but, in the end, he failed to impress yet again. Eric is becoming a boorish character too intent on his love/obsession for Sookie that his character is becoming a rehash of a rehash.

Sam: More badass, downward spiraling Sam is necessary in season 4. When I heard they were going to introduce his family, I figured it'd finally be time that we got to see more of his past. We did, but it wasn't as much as it should've been. Again, not a central character to the overall story but he's still a fairly major player in the lives of Bon Temps. They need to explore his darker past and bring it to the forefront of his future.

Lafayette and Jesus: This was probably my favorite part of the season finale and the overall season. Finding out that Jesus is a witch (he's a warlock really) wasn't as surprising as they tried to make it but it was fairly well done. I hope the relationship lasts and they explore more of this in the next season, though not to the point of Lafayette becoming a warlock himself.

Tara: Thank smurfing god she is, presumably, gone.

Did I miss anyone? They probably aren't important.

Finding out Sookie's(SPOILER)Fairy..Even I would go wtf?!!!.....Oh and Tara new doesn't suit her.....She'd be better with a crew cut.....

The season finale left me a lil unsatisfied though.....For some reason Jessica's character I like cause she's trying hard to adjust but at the same time doesn't want to be a goody two shoes...

HOTROD
    "Lets go for a spin you and I"