Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: E3 2010!

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Anyone know when we will hear the latest from Squeenix? I was thinking it would be during the Sony presentation... hope they announce the latest FF, I also hope I don't have to wait for the Squeenix Booth Tour on Wednesday to get any news on this "game often requested by fans and press alike".

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Wasn't impressed with Microsoft's presentation overall. MGS: Rising looks like it could be interesting and I'll keep an eye on it, but aside from that there was nothing that surprised me or even interested me. I'll have to catch up on some of the video that I haven't seen yet, but I doubt any of it would sway my opinion on the whole thing.

Didn't see any of the EA or Ubisoft conferences. Some of what EA showed at least appeals to me like Dead Space 2, but again I wasn't overly surprised. I'm not even sure what Ubisoft showed, but unless their conference included a statement about dropping their stupid DRM in PC titles I won't buy anything they put out anyway and could care less.

Metal Gear Solid: Rising does look pimpin'!

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Those lookin for Squenix news: E3 actually starts properly today. I don't think they're having a big televised conference like these other companies, but we will get news. Like their new game, Mindjack.

I was actually a little down on Rising, as I was expecting it to look faster if it was going to be a straight-up action game. These are the guys who made Zone of the Enders 2, one of my favourite games, and I was expecting something a little closer to that. If anything could match 'high speed robot action' on a human-sized scale, I think it'd be a cyborg ninja.

The cutting gameplay is interesting, but not so fresh for me because I already did something similar in Afro Samurai. Mentioned it earlier but couldn't load any videos.

Child of Eden is the name of 'Rez 2' that opened up Ubisoft's event. This video is a trailer released beforehand, but in Ubisoft's event they actually had Q?'s Mizuguchi playing it on-stage. That trailer is pretty close to the actual gameplay of the game. This is the game that may just push me to get either the Move or the Kinect earlier than I intended (since it's coming to both).

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So.. nobody noticed the actor fail of Microsoft?

Articles
    Blog Entries

WHO'S TEH REAL ENEMYZ!?!?!?!?!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Laddy is talking about Mindjack. YouTube - Mindjack - E3 2010 Trailer

And the 'actor fail' is another 'it comes with the show' deal, just like casual games. Sure you can call it out, Bolivar, but I'd rather focus my attention on things that are actually interesting.

It becomes worth 'calling out' when there really is nothing else interesting...like Nintendo 2008.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JKTrix View Post
    It becomes worth 'calling out' when there really is nothing else interesting...like Nintendo 2008.
    Or Nintendo in 2009.

Or Microsoft in 2010.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

^lol.

I heard Ubisoft announced a new Rayman (about time) and a Moonwalker 2. I stopped way before then, because I was getting bored.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

A lil' bird told me that Secret of Mana and FFTactics War of the Lions is coming to iPhone/iPod touch. No solid sources yet (else I'd have posted it on the front page), but hey...

Articles
    Blog Entries

SONY IS TODAY AT 12PM PST WTS THIS IS GOING TO BE AWESOMEOCALYPSE!!!!!2111!!!!1!~!

Seriously, though, they have too many games I want to see. Killzone, Motorstorm, SOCOM, inFAMOUS, GRAN SMURFING TURISMO, and whatever they announced shortly before E3.

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserDragon
    Anyone know when we will hear the latest from Squeenix? I was thinking it would be during the Sony presentation... hope they announce the latest FF, I also hope I don't have to wait for the Squeenix Booth Tour on Wednesday to get any news on this "game often requested by fans and press alike".
    There's a chance it might be at Sony. Nomura is going to E3, and I know they talked months back about wanting to show Versus XIII at E3 but they were behind schedule. Since he didn't show up at Microsoft's press conference announcing multiplatform status, I imagine they'll have either that or a new Kingdom Hearts (which might be at Nintendo). I would also expect to see Final Fantasy XIV there since it's coming out this year.

Blog Entries

Nintendo's conference is starting soon. I'll be using Gametrailers and maybe E3.Nintendo.com to follow it. Personally, I'm just expecting details on the new Metroid, the new Zelda, and the 3DS. I'm sure there will be more, but I won't guess. If I do, I'll probably be disappointed.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

So Nintendo's like, "We know you want it, so let's just do it right at the start."

Zelda: Skyward Sword.

Edit: this presentation is kind of embarassing. It sounds like a bad excuse, but I believe Nintendo (and Miyamoto himself) would not show off something so seemingly buggy in front of everyone. They are getting some interference and the controls are all messed up.
    Last edited by JKTrix; 06-15-2010 at 05:18 PM.

Blog Entries

I missed it, sadly. Was reading the last issue of FMA. Silly me! I'll catch it later.

Edit: Oh my goodness, this is amazing. I just started the stream.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Wow, that new Zelda looks smurfing awesome... can't wait to get it lol