Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: E3 2010!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

did sony just announce that they're doing ads on coke bottles. Why did they come to E3 with that ish. microsoft didn't announce they were doing Halo 3 ads on Mountain Dew at E3.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

The 3DS game is amazing, that list is beautiful.

ZELDA AND KIRBY AND GOLDEN SUN NINTENDO I LOVE YOU!!!!!

The rest of the conferences will be the icing on the cake for me

Touch screen controls for Golden Sun?

...Oh well, I guess even the most awesome game on the list can't be perfect.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Blog Entries

I don't think that the touch screen controls will affect the gameplay very much. The interaction with the environment seems to be very small. Because of this, though, I think I'd prefer to have button controls. Switching between the touch screen and the buttons between battle and exploration modes seems silly.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Sony's was the lamest of the 3. I don't why they love those montages with games I don't care about and only Twisted Metal and Portal 2 I cared about.

Haha, Jaffe is so full of BS. He said he wasn't making a Twisted Metal game just weeks before this conference. Maybe that was a good thing though as I was pretty shocked to see it there. Great to see the series back. Nice to see at least one developer still makes car combat games.

Overall a decent showing in my opinion. Highlights were Littlebigplanet 2, Dead Space 2, Twisted Metal and Portal 2. Not that I have much interest in Portal 2, just seeing Gabe Newell up there was pretty special.

I reckon Nintendo wins as far as game announcements go but Sony had more content I was interested in. Microsoft were rubbish.

Nintendo had the best conference this year by far. Sony's wasn't that great but still far better than Microsoft. They talked about 4 games and then rambled about Kinect. Out of those four games only two of them were exclusives. My brother is a hardcore Microsoft fan and he facepalmed during their entire show.
    Currently Playing:
    STARCRAFT II: WINGS OF LIBERTY for PC

Blog Entries

In a hands-on article by Kotaku (Here), they mention that the 3DS's 3D function works best when it's in very specific positions. Knowing that the 3DS has a motion sensor, I wonder if this will end up being a problem.

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Kevin Butler alone nudged Sony just slightly ahead of Microsoft for me. MS could have easily showed half the stuff Sony did, but they decided to focus on their exclusive games.

I was getting pretty excited during the PSP section. 3rd Birthday! Patapon 3! Valkyria Chronicles! Good stuff coming.

Edit: and yeah, Jaffe is a lying bugger :P

Quote Originally Posted by JKTrix View Post
    Kevin Butler alone nudged Sony just slightly ahead of Microsoft for me
    Yeah, Kevin Butler was pretty great. They could have potentially ruined that character if he didn't deliver. Fortunately he did. Phew.

Disappointed we didn't get to see Agent or Versus XIII. And there wasn't any particularly earth shattering announcements. Guess we'll be waiting another year to see if that FFVII remake actually happens. And then probably the year after that

Oh and Dead Space 2 was really impressive. Didn't think I'd be too jazzed about the title after having a 'meh' response to the original but man, that game looks insane.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Nothing about Final Fantasy VII unfortunately, still there is the TGS in september (cmon squeenix I'v been waiting forever for this game ; ; ).

Completely forgot that the Last Guardian wasn't shown. Somehow I had it in my head that it was a certainty that it would be shown in at least a trailer. Oh well.

Unfortunately missed part of the Killzone 3 demonstration. From the brief glimpse I saw it looked pretty damn good. Maybe just Killzone 2.5 but that's good enough for me.

EDIT - And GT5 FINALLY got a release date. That's pretty big news if you ask me.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Shame they could've did so much with LBP2 when LBP was revealed at E3, they were creative with their demonstration, not this time. Damn man, that puts a tear in my eye, that alone fails them beyond disbelief and to think I've been exclusively with them for all this time.

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Maybe Polyphony Digital can get around to making Omega Boost 2 when GT5 is done, since I still don't have my ZoE3.

Wow, it's funny how different attitudes are here than on other boards. I personally thought Sony delivered huge. Sure, there were a lot of montages, but there were a lot of releases packed into them. The showmanship was better. Kevin Butler was awesome. The Move looked fairly impressive and far more than Kinect.

Nintendo came in a close second. 3DS seems impressive both as a piece of hardware, but also due to the incredible library coming with it. Zelda looks good as well.

MS just didn't impress much. Kinect seems that it will be severely limited compared to Move. Cute family stuff and workout games. I just wasn't overly impressed with anything shown.
    Last edited by Yeargdribble; 06-16-2010 at 12:11 AM.