Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Birth By Sleep E3 Trailer

Articles
    Blog Entries

I don't think it will 'advance' the story, but it it's set in the past, right? So it's job is probably to give us glimpses at the past, and provide us with a few "ooohhhhh, now I get it" moments.

Having spoiled the entire game for myself, it does answer a few questions but there's a good number of "WTF?!?!?!?!" moments that you know they'll never explain.

"It is a well-known fact that all heroes in all tales disliked vegetables as children.
    Their legend begins with their overcoming of this weakness, and then continues with a journey filled with hardships.
    That noble vegetable, the onion, lives on as a symbol of hardships overcome, and as the mark of a true hero.
    "

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

It's a prequel. I've avoided any plot information so I don't know much, but in a scene of 358/2 days (SPOILER)Xion takes his appearance to Xigbar and her appearance is based on the viewers memories so there is a connection there. Nomura has a habit of making two questions for every one he answers though so I expect a lot of ambiguity and confusion when I get to the end

Quote Originally Posted by Hythloday View Post
    I don't like that it's different characters (except Roxas)... I'm pretty skeptical. I'll probably wait for KH3.
    His name is Ventus, and he does resemble Roxas.
    Is that your final answer?

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I'm having a chuckle at everyone who's regarding Birth by Sleep as inconsequential to the narrative.

Not coming back. BarelySeeAtAll's Avatar

Personally, I've never ever liked Disney. Hence I always thought, "what the eff was square thinking?" Never played any of the games so I can't really comment on gameplay etc, but I couldn't even watch more than two minutes of that trailer without feeling amazingly frustrated at both the voice acting and the soppy corniness of some star shaped fruit being something to do with friendship. From what I saw it looked kiddy, thrown together, and I hate the graphics.

but that's just my opinion.

I am not a man

Quote Originally Posted by BarelySeeAtAll View Post
    I hate the graphics.
    Come again?

"It is a well-known fact that all heroes in all tales disliked vegetables as children.
    Their legend begins with their overcoming of this weakness, and then continues with a journey filled with hardships.
    That noble vegetable, the onion, lives on as a symbol of hardships overcome, and as the mark of a true hero.
    "

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Stitch!!!

Did you guys see Stitch? It's Stitch. Stiiiiiiitch.

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

ichigo

It's difficult to find accurate voice actors for old Disney characters, I guess -- especially Snow White. I have a Disney Princess CD with Snow White songs, and, even though the new voices of Snow White try to match Adriana Caselotti, they all fail!

I've always wanted a Kingdom Hearts game with more time for the princesses and their worlds, but I'm not really into the new characters, like the blue-haired girl and the Zack clone -- or the tenth incarnation of Ansem/Xehanort/Xemnas/whatever the heck his name is!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Well this would actually be the first incarnation, since it's a prequel.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

ichigo

A few hours ago, from a wiki, I read all about the guy, as well as the other characters in Birth By Sleep.

He...the plot...ugh. :mymelfacepalm:

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

This makes me all the more excited to play it now.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I've been waiting for this game since I beat KHII and saw the "trailer". From all the videos I've watched that scene looks like it's been dumbed down by gameplay graphics. I will be pretty upset if it is, but I'm still looking forward to playing this game.

Yeah, so I guess they wear weird suits when they're in space?
    Peddler of Nonsense.

Banned

Someone on another board posted a spoiler screenshot that's so absurd, so utterly ridiculous and damning to the story of the previous games, that it kind of killed all interest I had in this game. Although I don't have a PSP and don't plan on getting one so unless emulation becomes an option in the future I don't see myself picking this one up.

I really wish SE would stop doing all these sequels and prequels and spinoffs of home console games on handhelds. They'd be getting more of my money if they'd stick to home consoles. I like being able to play on my big pretty tv.