Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XIV - E3 2010

Default Final Fantasy XIV - E3 2010

Click here for a complete compilation of E3 news regarding FFXIV.

---

As we all know, E3 is going on right now. So it's time to update this side of the forum with FFXIV specific information.

Footage

To start with, we have some new footage. A new trailer, and a look at the new (and much improved) version of the battle system.

For all of you that have not bothered to check out any of the leaked alpha client videos; the battle system was very slow, and you had to wait for your action bar to fill up before you could do anything. With this new one, you have a stamina bar that depletes when using abilities but is always gradually regenerating. This will allow players to string together different actions much more fluidly and speedy.

FFXIV Benchmark

You can now download a benchmark for FFXIV on the PC. I think a lot of people will suddenly realise how out of date their computers are. But do not worry! By the time this game comes out, newer hardware will be much cheaper than it is now.

Blogs

Just thought I'd link to a range of blog posts from a few different sites.

There's probably much more information and footage to come, so I'll keep updating this!
    Last edited by Rostum; 06-25-2010 at 12:52 PM.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

FFXIV Character

Devore Jojishi (Sargatanas)

The improvements sound pretty good. I was wondering through, do the monsters just completely ignore you unless attack them? Don't they usually run at you if you come within a metre of them.

I got 1125 on this benchmark, and i looked at the alpha build requirements, it doesnt feel right at all. All i feel is that entire benchmark is horse. Its probably not optimized at all. I seen people report with pimp i7 processors, and top of the end cards not do as well as they would have hoped.

Either something is up with this benchmark and its just a test for them, or i ain't getting this game because its too graphic/processor intensive for a laptop that was bought at the end of 09.

The OFFICIAL FFXIV Benchmark Thread - Order of the Blue Gartr

Note: I didn't expect anything jawesome. But not even able to run this game at all? Even on minimum? Seriously?

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The bechmark crashed for me, so I probably can't play it on my laptop.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

The benchmark taught me one thing: I'll be playing on my PS3 until component prices for a new PC drop significantly. Given that I sincerely doubt a difference between PS3 and PC will be noticeable for some time yet anyway, I imagine that this will be fine.

I added more stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by *Devore* View Post
    The improvements sound pretty good. I was wondering through, do the monsters just completely ignore you unless attack them? Don't they usually run at you if you come within a metre of them.
    Monsters do chase you, but can lose interest in you.

The benchmark will be fairly accurate. I have a feeling those people getting low scores on an i7 Core and a GTX480 have huge bottlenecks on their motherboards or they are just lying out their asses. Becuase my specs are:

• Core 2 Duo 3.0GHz
    • 6GB DDR2 RAM
    • ATI Radeon HD4870 512MB
    • Windows 7 64-bit

And I get around 3,300 on high settings (1080p) and 5,400 on low settings and I built this computer during the middle of 2008 rather cheap. The game is being built for hardware around the time of its release; and the hardware will be much cheaper then. However, I'll probably end up getting it for PS3 until I can save up a bit more to upgrade my computer.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah so there's no way any computer in my house is running this game. Note to self: drop out of PC beta and sign up for PS3 beta.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Actually I am a bit confused now after reading around for awhile. Oh well... Maybe this is just a benchmark for beta. I'm sure they still have a lot more optimisation to do.

Make sure you also have the latest DirectX9, which was released this month.

Download details: DirectX End-User Runtime

I hadn't, so I'll install that later and then see.
    Last edited by Rostum; 06-17-2010 at 03:29 AM.

Yeah i think its just an initial beta benchmark...it just doesn't feel right at all with the score i got. The lack of customization in my settings is also a big o_O. My setup is only barely weaker than yours Ome, but the score so much lower? =/

FFXIV - PC System Requirements (Alpha Stage - 3/20/10)

Alpha requirements...it couldn't have possibly gone up THAT much more could it?
    Last edited by Lionx; 06-17-2010 at 02:25 PM.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Updated with more footage.

And yeah, really not sure about the benchmark. I guess they're just trying to prepare people for the beta. However, after installing my latest graphics card drivers and directx 9 the high resolution test ran very smooth. I only got around 2500 (which was lower than my original test), but it definitely ran smoother.

Honestly, the alpha runs much more choppy and it's still very playable, so I wouldn't worry too much just yet.

Edit: Added in more interviews and another video.
    Last edited by Rostum; 06-18-2010 at 12:39 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I'll start up a seperate Benchmark thread so the discussion on the other stuff can be seperated.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Yeah so there's no way any computer in my house is running this game. Note to self: drop out of PC beta and sign up for PS3 beta.
    Hori's PS3 MMO Controller is large and in charge -- Engadget

hooray ps3
    Peddler of Nonsense.

That thing looks ridiculous, lol. I'd rather just a normal keyboard and/or a PS3 controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    That thing looks ridiculous, lol. I'd rather just a normal keyboard and/or a PS3 controller.
    it kinda looks like some kind of 80s hospital bed remote or something.

Anyone who's used a HORI arcade stick will swear by it though. I'd get it. :3
    Peddler of Nonsense.

FFXIV Character

Devore Jojishi (Sargatanas)

I would not get it, it looks horrible. Like its been pulled out of a really old sci-fi movie. At least make it black so it matches the PS3.