Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Toy Story 3

I've heard a lot of, "it's better than the first!" which I cannot agree with. I saw this about a week ago and absolute adored it. It was definitely better than the second one, though. I do have to say that the ending was absolutely brilliant. Pixar pulled a fast one on me. I'm not one to get so emotional during a movie that I'll tear up, but it happened here. Toy Story is, like many, a beloved piece of film history for me. I had just turned 10 a week before it was released and fell in love. I even have a Buzz Lightyear action figure. He's awesome and I still need to get Woody. I'll proudly display them despite the fact that I am turning 25 in less than six months. xD

Anyway, back to the ending. I think they did a wonderful job wrapping things up here. It isn't often that I watch a series with three installments that's achieved such a heartwarming and wonderful finale. I thought it was really well done, that they couldn't have done it better if they tried. It was a tear-jerker. I just loved how they had (SPOILER)Andy being so possessive over Woody and Buzz even after all this time. I loved how he passed down his legacy, if you want to call it that and how he played with them one more time before giving them up. I get a little misty just thinking about it!

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Toy Story 3 : Cried 3 times, laughed like crazy

Toy Story 2: Cried once, laughed less than 3, more than 1.

I didn't cry at all in Toy Story, and I don't think I laughed as much either. BUT! Toy Story 2 and 3 wouldn't have nearly been as funny or as touching if they weren't able to draw on the foundation that Toy Story created. The little inside jokes, the back story, the references. So I think I got the most overall entertainment from the 3rd one, but collectively it's one of the best trilogies that film industry has ever put out.

Blog Entries

Did anyone notice the TOTORO?

*dies a huge childhood-y death*

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Clo View Post
    Did anyone notice the TOTORO?

*dies a huge childhood-y death*
    Of course!

I want to see it again.

Blog Entries

I saw it. Not at a theater, though. Let's just say my friend's mom has some "connections." >_> I plan to see it at one real soon (just haven't had the money to).

I liked what little I could understand of it. That is, the picture showed up fine but I couldn't hear most of the dialogue, and all the text was written in Russian.

It's funny how the strawberry bear (couldn't catch what his name was) ended up being (SPOILER)almost exactly like Stinky Pete from the second movie. He had the exact same mannerisms, and tried to keep Buzz from going back to his friends, the same way Pete tried to keep Woody away from his friends in the second. And I literally jumped out of my chair when I saw the stuffed Totoro doll. I couldn't even believe that.

I liked it but I'm not sure I loved it like I loved the first and second. I'm sure if I saw it at the theater and could catch all the jokes I'd love it though.

And yeah, I tend to think of Cars as a bad Pixar movie. But still, out of all the stuff Pixar's done, that's really the only one that's lacking. They're a pretty consistent company and I'm surprised they can crank out new movies almost every year and have them all mostly be high-quality.
    Xenogears is the tragic story of how your whole life can take a crappy turn, just because you happened to see a lady in a wedding dress before her wedding.

This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broken down
    This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broke down

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

You really should see it in the theater. You'll enjoy it a lot more.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Blog Entries

I plan on it. I missed a lot of jokes because the dialogue was so muffled.

I also plan on buying the DVD whenever it comes out so it can go right next to my TS1 and 2 DVDs.
    Xenogears is the tragic story of how your whole life can take a crappy turn, just because you happened to see a lady in a wedding dress before her wedding.

This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broken down
    This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broke down

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Saw it at a drive-in with my girlfriend along with Eclipse for only 8 bucks, both movies. Probably one of the best movies Ive seen in awhile

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

they still have Drive-Ins? Came back from watching it, it was good. Epic.

I almost cried at the ending. It felt like the ending of my childhood because there's almost no chance of them continuing the series anymore. They ended it perfectly, if this is the end, though.

Also, Potato Head/Cucumber scene was the best.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I almost did too. I didn't though because I was with my little brother and he can't be thinking that his older brother is a punk.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage- View Post
    I almost cried at the ending. It felt like the ending of my childhood because there's almost no chance of them continuing the series anymore. They ended it perfectly, if this is the end, though.

Also, Potato Head/Cucumber scene was the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    I almost did too. I didn't though because I was with my little brother and he can't be thinking that his older brother is a punk.
    Me too. Except I was with my brother and my sister.

Resident Fire Emblem Fan Elite Lord Sigma's Avatar

Anybody who hasn't seen this film is doing themselves a huge disservice. It was both hilarious and heartwarming, and I was tearing up at the end, too. I saw it at the drive-in theater nearby as part of a double-feature with Prince of Persia.

On another note, I feel ashamed of myself for not connecting Totoro and the doll together until now.

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

they still have Drive-Ins?
    In up state connecticut they do

they still have Drive-Ins?
    Heck yes!

"It is a well-known fact that all heroes in all tales disliked vegetables as children.
    Their legend begins with their overcoming of this weakness, and then continues with a journey filled with hardships.
    That noble vegetable, the onion, lives on as a symbol of hardships overcome, and as the mark of a true hero.
    "