Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Benchmark Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ♪TJ Gaga♪ View Post
    Can anyone help me? I try to run the Benchmark program but it stops responding...
    Need more information.

What OS, what are you system specs, do you have the latest DirectX installed, do you have all the .NET Frameworks installed, etc.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

FFXIV Character

Aydin Yamisama (Sargatanas)

I have Windows 7, a chipset instead of a graphics card, I have the latest DirectX installed, and I don't know about frameworks or whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by ♪TJ Gaga♪ View Post
    a chipset instead of a graphics card
    There's your problem. You won't be able to run FFXIV on an intergrated graphics chip.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

I did do DirectX manually as couldn't find where it said if I had it, if in doubt and all I'm running a Radeon HD 5470 with an i5 with windows 7 home premium. This wasn't bought as a gaming laptop, just an update of a slowly dying one! If it does run it, it will just be a bonus, I think I got deal of the century with this lappy at £499 with office (End of a clearance line display model ) so I'm happy either way. Not all of us have the funds to upgrade computers willy nilly or have the knowledge to do it ourselves.

That being said if anyone knows off hand why it isn't working I will be forever grateful

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Do you know if your graphics card is the 512MB or 1024MB version of the HD 5470?

EDIT: Also, does your error message offer any additional information?
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

the 512. Like I said I consciously made the decision to stop gaming on the laptop as it pushes the price up so much. I have a ps3 so it's academic really. The error message unfortunately doesn't say anything useful about what the problem is, just that there is one!

512mb should be fine.

Make sure you have .NET Framework 4 installed. You can get that from Microsoft's website too. Usually this is installed with Windows 7 though, but may as well try it.

I went an installed .net 4, restarted and....

I've done a few system updates but this laptop is only about 20hrs old so maybe theres a few more bits to come down

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

How strange. Yeah, look for updates for your graphics card drivers but aside from that I think it's more one for the Help Forum than for here.

Yep, that's all from me on the subject, like I said, it isn't important really, just a comparison between old lappy and new would be interesting

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Just so you know, a quick search online showed that two people resolved that fault by updating something called Catalyst. I have no idea what Catalyst is or if you have it, mind you.

PMSL thank yee muchly Loonybob, I shall investigate!

EDT: Catalyst is the software for ATI graphics cards I think I might be on the way to solve this!

EDT2: SUCCESS! I had to update catalyst twice before it worked but it worked! So if anyone has the same problem check if they have a ATI card. Unfortunately I only scored 749 on low I thought I'd do a lot better than that, although I guessed running would probs be not quite there. Oh well, nothing ventured and all, but the benchmark ran smoothly.
    Last edited by Ezme; 07-08-2010 at 12:12 PM.

I still think the benchmark is very misleading...

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

ARGH this is why I hate PC gaming. Why won't you play with my chipset it's all lonely ;_;

Because computers aren't magic.