Thread: Game Designers are AMAZING

Default Game Designers are AMAZING

[Rant]
    Which guy at Square-Enix thought it'd be a great idea not to include a Save Point in the Desert Palace? Because I dig progressing an hour into a game and then getting cheaply killed by some enemies with very cheap abilities, just so I can repeat it again. What a fantastic idea! May this individual get knighted.
    [/Rant]

I know this game is old, but sometimes, I think whoever created it wasn't thinking straight. Like, why do I walk past the Iifa Tree, to Madin Sari, back to the Iifa Tree, back to Madin Sari, back to the Iifa Tree. Seriously?

EDIT: Also, the guy who thought it'd be a fantastic idea for Garnet to be unable to concentrate - you sir, are also amazing.
    Last edited by champagne supernova; 06-19-2010 at 05:47 PM.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

There are two save points in the Desert Palace! One is in the room where you solve a puzzle with Cid (return to the room after solving the puzzle). The other is in the room to the left of the one with three bookshelves stacked on top of each other.

As for the back-and-forth, yeah, that's a bit annoying. Then again, that sort of thing is pretty common in RPGs, I feel xD At least it's not that long!

Blog Entries

Yeah, I just played the game and I remember there being Save Points there.

But! I agree that the Garnet thing was infuriating. Yet I wasn't realistic enough to get mad at the game developers, I just decided to dislike her character: "You stupid bitch, get over your problems so I can WIN BATTLES!!!"

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

For walking back to the Iifa Tree, it's for story progression after you go the first time there's a long intermission before you go again.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

You should try playing a game by Atlus.

Thanks for pointing out the save points. Still angry at the game designer for not making them obvious.

Yeah, but you could've gone to Madain Sari first, got all the stuff done there, then back-track to Iifa Tree. But I'm just more angry that an hour of my life has been wasted. AAAAAAAH!

And almost more of my time was wasted because Garnet can't concentrate. Why can't I have Beatrix in my party? WAAAAAHAAAHAAA!

EDIT: That moogle's name is Mojito. That is awesome.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

The other is in the room to the left of the one with three bookshelves stacked on top of each other.
    The moogle's actually blocking the hallway to the statue puzzle room, before you fight the boss isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    The other is in the room to the left of the one with three bookshelves stacked on top of each other.
    The moogle's actually blocking the hallway to the statue puzzle room, before you fight the boss isn't it?
    No, it's left of the bookshelf. Just found it!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by champagne supernova View Post
    Like, why do I walk past the Iifa Tree, to Madin Sari, back to the Iifa Tree, back to Madin Sari, back to the Iifa Tree. Seriously
    Sounds like the developers had just been playing too much Resident Evil

there was a picture here