Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tips for new players!

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

You were not kidding about the CP! When everyone's roles opened up and I thought "hey why not make Fang a Ravenger?" I sat there with my jaw open at the CP costs. Then I figured I'd just wait for the Crystarium to expand since everything at the top had gone down to less than a thousand, but boy that was not a whole lot better.

arise within you

Play offensively and don't worry too much about taking hits, especially if you want a good battle score. You can always start over right before every encounter anyway, and if you worry too much about healing, you'll likely be stuck in one healing-centric paradigm, thus battles will drag on.

Every paradigm role is useful with a unique purpose and effect in battle, so don't neglect to use any on your deck.

A friend told me that, particularly in eidolon fights, one effective tip is to set the battle speed to 'slow' which makes those battles a little easier.

I think that going on missions in chapter 11 is a good way to gain CP. More time efficient than going back and forth to battle the same enemies, and it makes it a little more fun and challenging.

And don't play this game for too long in one sitting, and turn off your game after a few hours of play. Give your console a break, so that it doesn't crash
    i am a meteor mixed with holy.

A friend told me that, particularly in eidolon fights, one effective tip is to set the battle speed to 'slow' which makes those battles a little easier.
    I just needed it on "Odin".

The other battles are quite possible to do without it if you grind standardly(Battling every monster without repetition).
    Flo:Honey,the clock is late.Go out fix it.
    Mayor Dobe:What hours is it?
    Flo: 15:30
    Mayor Dobe:Hey do you wanna to send the Estharians to Centra or what?
    Flo:Ok,let it be on 3:45

Images removed for being utterly colossal. Please use images that conform to the size limit.

Regards,
    Big D