Thread: Suikoden Fanart

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Default Suikoden Fanart

I've been working a Suikoden fanfic that incorporates characters from the first three Suikoden games. One of those featured is perhaps my favorite recurring character, Pesmerga, the Black Knight and nemesis of the demon Yuber.

I know I forgot the cape in the BW sketch. He's modeled closely on the original concept art. I'm pretty happy with the way he came out. The wooden amulet is taken from a major plot point in Suikoden II: (SPOILER)Early in the game the Hero's friend Jowy buys a young girl (Pilika) a wooden amulet. Later in the game, part of Jowy's revenge against the evil Prince Luca Blight is to set a trap baited with an amulet with fireflies inside.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

I like this! I must sleep, but this is a promise I will be harsher in the morning when I have time to be!

Contributions

I welcome constructive criticism. My most obvious failings tend to include body proportions and (lack of) shading.

Quote Originally Posted by BG-57 View Post
    I welcome constructive criticism. My most obvious failings tend to include body proportions and (lack of) shading.
    A simple way to do some shading is just draw a darker shade of the main color on the edge of one side of the character. Like the left side of his left arm, left side of his waist, left side of his right arm etc. Just 1 line would be enough to give it some edge.

For shadows on the ground, once again just a darker shade would do. It doesn't even really matter if the figure of the character matches completely, as long as the direction of the shade is the same.

Anyway, besides a little quirky arms the body proportions seem alright. Diggin the helmet and armor by the way! And the sword and armor look sharp like they need to. Keep it up!

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I like it! Pesmerga is badass, so excellent choice. I really like all the detail with the armor; you portrayed his badassness very well.

As far as constructive criticism goes: the upper-arms seem shaped a little weird and his waist looks thinner than his head (though you did qualify your body proportions are off). The horns don't seem equally shaped, either.

Overall, though, great job.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    I like it! Pesmerga is badass, so excellent choice. I really like all the detail with the armor; you portrayed his badassness very well.
    >>> That..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Contributions

Thanks. I tend to avoid shading mainly because I use Prismacolor art markers and the closer I get to finishing, the more nervous I get, since bad coloring can destroy a picture and I can't hit the undo button. I guess I should bite the bullet though.

Meanwhile some line art of King's Road, the level 2 summon of the Pale Gate Rune of SII. I wanted to make the inhabitants of the World of Emptiness storyline characters. Although the centaur knight has no given name I thought Reina would be suitable.

EDIT: Added a colored version. Had to crop a lot to fit the filesize limit. I'll put the original in the gallery.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BG-57; 06-23-2010 at 02:31 AM.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Again, excellent armor detail. But please give that horse body something to eat.

Contributions

Yeah, it looks top heavy. Part of the problem is the original design, almost no barding on the horse part of the body. The rest is no doubt me.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> I havent played the game in ages, this stuff bring back memories I need to draw some suikoden fanart too..

Contributions

I'm suprised you haven't. Characters like Pesmerga are right up your alley in terms of content and style.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> I have a lame drawing of the flame champion (suikoden 3), that i made various years ago, you can find it in the fanart gallery..