Thread: Help with Cards...

Default Help with Cards...

Where can I find the best cards in the beginning of disc 1? I've already beaten the game but I have NEVER played a card game on my old saves.
    PSN : ShadowLinkX
    YT:Shadow1inkX
    XFire: shadow1inkx

Owned Omega Weapon 6x in a row using AURA and HOLY WAR and spamming Lion Heart, Fast Shot (Fast Ammo), and Duel..... trust me.. he would never want to use Terra Break again.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I would recommend starting out by learning the card ability and carding enemies like crazy. Some enemies occasionally turn into high-level cards. Grats and T-Rexaurs in the Training Center have a chance of turning into Shumi Tribe cards. Bite bugs have a chance of turning into Elvoret, Glacial Eyes into Jumbo Cactuar, Caterchipillars into Trauma, Bombs and Buels in the Fire Cavern into Krysta, and Red Bat in the same place into X-ATM092.

After getting some of those cards, it should be a piece of cake to improve your deck in general a bit. I would recommend you challenge the Queen of Cards in Balamb (and quit at the rules screen), as she randomly picks a trading rule that has a chance of spreading. Challenge her until she uses Diff or All, and make sure it sticks by challenging someone nearby.

For improving your deck in general, here are some early players to challenge who have fairly good cards.

- SeeD in the Balamb Garden Library, behind the bookshelf closest to the door
    - Balamb Garden cafeteria lady
    - Ma Dincht in Balamb (need Zell in your party)
    - Woman by the model train at the Timber Hotel

As for rare cards, you'll want to get the following.
    - Ifrit card: You'll get it after defeating him
    - Minimog card: Kid running around in Balamb Garden
    - Quistis card: Trepe groupie in the back in Balamb Garden cafeteria
    - Zell card: Ma Dincht in Balamb (again, need Zell in your party)
    - Diablos card: You'll get it after defeating him (use the Magic Lamp the headmaster gives you before you go to Timber)
    - Angelo card: Watts, at the train in Timber
    - Siren card: The pub owner at the second floor of the pub in Dollet

That's all I can think of for now!
    - Sacred card, Minotaur card: Both gotten after defeating them in the Tomb of the Unknown King)

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

you can also get Seifer from Cid at the end of the Dollet mission

Articles

Ooh, really? I've never gotten that so early.

Blog Entries

You can also grab the Shiva card from Zone on the Timber Owls hideout train. Actually, it's preferable you get it from him then because the next chance you'll get won't be until he's on the White SeeD ship, which plays with Centra rules (Random is bad apples).

edit: No wait, that's wrong. Just looked it up to make sure. Turns out you have to grab the 'Girl Next Door' magazine from the Timber magaziney/newspaper place and give it to Zone. I think you'll have a chance to do that as he gives you the tickets to the train to Galbadia when he's dressed as an old man.

Articles

I don't think it's possible to give Girl Next Door to him before meeting him on the White SeeD ship, even though you do meet him for the tickets where you'd theoretically have the possibility to.

Thanks guys, I have lots of great cards like

MiniMog
    Quistis
    Diablos
    Ifrit
    Both Tonberrys
    Angelo (Card modded for 100 elixirs)

Those r my favorites. Oh, i need help too, I can't defeat the Brothers even if i stop there regen >=@
    PSN : ShadowLinkX
    YT:Shadow1inkX
    XFire: shadow1inkx

Owned Omega Weapon 6x in a row using AURA and HOLY WAR and spamming Lion Heart, Fast Shot (Fast Ammo), and Duel..... trust me.. he would never want to use Terra Break again.

Articles

Make sure you focus on one at a time. Only cast float on one of them and pummel away at him, using limit breaks if you can. Junction Quake to Elemental Defence if you have any. You might want to dedicate one character to casting Float on those of your characters not protected against Earth attacks, and to draw cast Protect on your party and curing when necessary.

hopefully you haven't finished this fight yet because if memory serves there are some awesome draw spells here (mostly life) and I think double? anyway, junction curaga to someones life will keep them alive for a long time (curaga from refining tents using quezy)