Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New information on FF Versus XIII and Agito XIII from Nomura

Quote Originally Posted by Suikojowy View Post
    Awesome announcements, just what I wanted to hear and after the disappointment that was Square at E3 I was afraid these games would become vaporware. I can't wait until TGS 10
    Yeah, Square seemed to be focusing more on FFXIV instead of Versus XIII. A bit weird.

Anyway, Versus seems to be shaping up well. As information came out about it, I've thought that it will be better than its cousin XIII, and that trend seems to be continuing. Although XIII surprised me in a good way, so hopefully Versus can supersede my expectations.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by champagne supernova View Post
    Yeah, Square seemed to be focusing more on FFXIV instead of Versus XIII. A bit weird.
    Not really weird at all when you consider the cash cow that MMORPG's can be. Single player RPG's, not so much.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Suikojowy View Post
    Awesome announcements, just what I wanted to hear and after the disappointment that was Square at E3 I was afraid these games would become vaporware. I can't wait until TGS 10
    Yes, I suspected that Final Fantasy Agito XIII would become vaporware due to the lack of information about the title. I have not heard or seen any major coverage about the game aside from this latest piece of news.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Agreed.As far as I know there is only one oficial trailer of Agito and some screenshots.
    Flo:Honey,the clock is late.Go out fix it.
    Mayor Dobe:What hours is it?
    Flo: 15:30
    Mayor Dobe:Hey do you wanna to send the Estharians to Centra or what?
    Flo:Ok,let it be on 3:45

Images removed for being utterly colossal. Please use images that conform to the size limit.

Regards,
    Big D

Articles
    Blog Entries

Feeling these screens as well. Whatever they're doing with the lighting/filters/whatever, its looking pretty damn good.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by champagne supernova View Post
    Not really weird at all when you consider the cash cow that MMORPG's can be. Single player RPG's, not so much.
    Plus FFXIV is coming out relatively shortly, whereas Versus XIII is looking like 2011 at the earliest.

There was a part about there being no interface/menus on the screens, because "it's a surprise." I'm really hoping that surprise is

Fight
    Magic
    Ability
    Item

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    There was a part about there being no interface/menus on the screens, because "it's a surprise." I'm really hoping that surprise is

Fight
    Magic
    Ability
    Item
    The game is virtual reality. There will be no menus. Duh!

In all seriousness, it's probably something along this lines of (SPOILER) or (SPOILER). =p
    Last edited by LowCaloriePie; 07-07-2010 at 06:19 PM.

"It is a well-known fact that all heroes in all tales disliked vegetables as children.
    Their legend begins with their overcoming of this weakness, and then continues with a journey filled with hardships.
    That noble vegetable, the onion, lives on as a symbol of hardships overcome, and as the mark of a true hero.
    "

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Quote Originally Posted by LowCaloriePie View Post
    The game is virtual reality. There will be no menus. Duh!
    Ahhhhh!!!!
    You just made me imagine some unholy combination of Microsoft Kinect. and the extrapolation of the FF13 'fast paced think for you battle system' concept.

Banned

I'm getting more and more excited for Versus. That shot with the behemoth looks awesome.

My only worry is that it'll be short/not the same length as main series FF games, since that's been the case with just about every spin-off title thus far. Although, whether calling Versus a "spin-off" title is appropriate or not is arguable.

I just hope it's better than XIII, caus I'm not really diggin' XIII.

Not coming back. BarelySeeAtAll's Avatar

I haven't played XIII, but I think it could be. It looks like more time and effort's gone in to this :/

But I don't know, I'm not that much of a gameplayer. This one's meant to be darker too, which is always a plus

I am not a man

Quote Originally Posted by BarelySeeAtAll View Post
    I haven't played XIII, but I think it
    This one's meant to be darker too, which is always a plus
    Indeed.
    and another plus is NOMURA !

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Stjewy View Post
    Indeed.
    and another plus is NOMURA !
    That depends greatly on the fan. Personally, I'm not getting my hopes up for the plot because Kazushige Nojima is the scenario writer, and I've pretty much disliked everything he's written for Square(Enix).

I do find it amusing that this game is backtracking so much in terms of design. The more game design elements revealed, the more it sounds like an old SNES/PS1 RPG. World map? Controllable Airship? Towns and NPCs? Fully controllable party? Its like its 2000 all over again kids.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    The more game design elements revealed, the more it sounds like an old SNES/PS1 RPG. World map? Controllable Airship? Towns and NPCs? Fully controllable party? Its like its 2000 all over again kids.
    Possibly because some of us feel it has been all downhill for the genre since then. Not that I personally know anyone like that...

It's funny that you mention that. From my perspective it seemed to promise that, and everything new I hear seems to be clawing back away to something more 'modern'. The latest news seems to promise a decidedly un-classical experience.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> I have to be honest I dont like those screens at all :yuck:, the game looks too dark for my taste and fighting in a city at night? whats next, Zombies? .. Geez, I really hope Squarenix doesnt screw up this game..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Is anyone else getting tired of waiting for news for big video games?