Thread: So basically, would Zidane originally have been able to... *SPOILERS*

Default So basically, would Zidane originally have been able to... *SPOILERS*

(SPOILER)...wipe the floor with Beatrix?
    Or just exactly how strong are the Genomes & CO in relation to her?
    Is Mikoto super-strong as well, by the way?

Blog Entries

That was one strange thing about FFIX, I always thought. Zidane was (SPOILER)meant to be the Angel of Death, yet he never really is portrayed as being extremely strong. They never show him overpowering anyone else really except in typical battles with his teammates.

Whereas Kuja gives an excellent display.

It seems off.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Maybe cause he's untapped? Like he doesn't know he is that so it's not like he can do something he doesn't know about. I guess

I found that strange too, but it's probably just what Freya said. Zidane's pontential power is probably incredibly high but his powers lay dormant. I think it's because (SPOILER)he grew up in Gaia instead of Terra but I could be totally wrong. As for Mikoto, she is most likely super strong seeing as she is supposed to be the most superior.
    When we dance, it looks just like Fire.

When we sing, it sounds the same tone.

So would they outclass Beatrix?
    Because it's a rather interesting thought that the fearsome Beatrix would potentially be pwned by kids like Zidane and Mikoto.
    I don't mean that it's unlikely, but it's a rather bewildering thought that they could actually be tons stronger than a character that is portrayed as a kind of master warrior.

I guess at least Garland could be much stronger, but is Kuja up there as well?
    Are the people on Terra supposed to be a race of people far out of Beatrix' league?

SPOILER

Zidane's power had yet to be awakened. He would only become Garland's 'Angel of Death' when he came of age - and that moment hadn't arrived yet.

Personally I speculate that there was some kind of Kuja-death dependent trigger causing Zidane to come of age - to take over and out do his role as a new and improved Angel of Death. And hence in the Iifa tree Zidane was able to escape. Why? Because Kuja, the old Angel of Death, died and Zidane's powers as the new Angel of Death were unleashed, allowing him to reach safety.

Speculation...but it's quite neat.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

Nobody can outclass Beatrix. She is just awesomeness in a small, perfectly haired package.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by champagne supernova View Post
    Nobody can outclass Beatrix. She is just awesomeness in a small, perfectly haired package.
    I want Beatrix's hair.