Most of us have seen tier lists, and probably don't like them, I think every character is usable, and no one person can make a tier list because they will subject their bias. It will be tough but I would like to create a non-bias one. The mid-tier is too big so I am going to break it into sets of 4 and bottom set of 2. I am going to make an attempt at the top 4 only right now, *[this is part 3]*...so everyone post the 4 characters you believe to be in the top 4 and give a reason. This is also assuming mastery of each character who would win. Some characters come with a high learning curve like kefka so that should not drop them to bottom.
9. Ultamacia(stacks time bravery attack, fast and long lasting attack, EX mode that can freeze time to cash in hp damage. Weakness would be her somewhat rigid HP attacks, but apocalypse compenstates a bit for this)
10. Cloud(his EX mode busting shields is just cheap, and his power/hp attack connections are very good, the reason hes not higher is because he is pretty slow)
11. Onion Knight(incredibly fast with long combos that compensate for the obvious lack of power, strdegically he can become very versatile and quite a pain, defense/power flaws drop him here)
12. Bartz(ugh, they really killed this hero for me, but here he is, a mix of a bunch of the best attacks, not much more to say here)