Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Gunblade specialization

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

To Iceglow: I am aware of the Gunsword as a real life weapon, but I doubt the Gunblade is based on that. No offense.

The way the Gunblade works is that some energy is released within the blade whenever someone pulls the trigger (hence the use of the R1 button in the game), it has nothing to do with firing ammo or long-range battle - it is a fictional weapon in a fictional game, that relies on in game physiques. Nice idea though.

The Gunsword actually exists as a "Backup Weapon" for a character in the "Soul Series" begining in Soul Calibur 3, and you can actually use it as a long-range weapon (altough, the character's main weapon is basically a copy of the Soul Edge sword - so why he'd even need a back up weapon is beyond me...)

Blog Entries

Cervantes had his pistol sword from SC1 not only from 3. I only know of one move where he uses it in a long range manner though. You can duck under the shot too, so it's quite a pointless move. It's uselessness in SC is very much reflective of the uselessness of actual pistol swords. xD

*will talk about SC forever if possible*

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

If the blade of the gunblade is light weight then it probably wouldn't have been too difficult to wield, relatively.