Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Take THAT, You Snooty Nobles!

Default Take THAT, You Snooty Nobles!

Finally got 100 of 100 nobles impressed on the fight scene. Was still stuck at my usual 97 of 100, and knowing that I could go higher with a lot of luck (depending on what chain I got on the first 15 or so commands, which are all very restricted [side movement, triangle, and X only]), when I stumbled across an exploit on the PSP version. Basically, if you press the PS button on your PSP, it freezes the game. Unlike on the PS3 (which has a slight delay), the PSP freezes the action instantly, and pulls up a menu, with the regular game in the background. Shaded dark, but still visible. So you can freeze frame it right when the command pops up, see which one, and then hit it immediately upon resuming the game. Cheap? Yes. Worth it? Totally.

So, one bundle of gil and a Moonstone later, and I get to laugh behind the backs of the nobles who wouldn't know true acting talent if it hit them (an option which, unfortunately, we do not get).
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Blog Entries

Congrats. I could've sworn I've done the 100/100 too, but I don't remember anything about a Moonstone, so I guess I'm wrong.

I love that little mini-game though. I like how they let you re-attempt it so you don't have to restart to please your inner perfectionist (though I'm not sure if you still get the same prizes if you get 100 on a re-attempt).

Quote Originally Posted by Mo-Nercy View Post
    Congrats. I could've sworn I've done the 100/100 too, but I don't remember anything about a Moonstone, so I guess I'm wrong.

I love that little mini-game though. I like how they let you re-attempt it so you don't have to restart to please your inner perfectionist (though I'm not sure if you still get the same prizes if you get 100 on a re-attempt).
    Yeah, you do get the same prize, even on a retry. You just lose time towards the Excalibur II. You get the Moonstone after getting 100 if you have Steiner talk to Queen Brahne while he's running around looking for Garnet.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Aw, cheater.
    100/100 naturally

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I'd cheat on it if I could. At least after trying it 10 times, which is when I tend to start getting frustrated. xD

Articles
    Blog Entries

Highest I got was like, 93.

Blog Entries

Best I've done was 98, but I had like 7 98s in a row, and I was getting pissed

What does the moonstone do, it's been a good few months since i played FFIX

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenHeart View Post
    What does the moonstone do, it's been a good few months since i played FFIX
    It's an accessory. It teaches Protect, and Beast Killer. That gives you two abilities quite a ways earlier (while Steiner can get Beast Killer immediately, Zidane can't without the Moonstone). Plus, y'know, completionist points, since there is only one other Moonstone in the game, IIRC.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

The main use for a Moonstone is to synth it with an Elixir into a Pearl Rouge, which is one of the best - if not the best - accessory for stat raising. You can get another Moonstone from the friendly monsters sidequest, but you'll have to use it later in the quest if you want to complete it.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Cheater.

I've never made it to 100. Last... August I believe, when we did Eyes on Plays IX, I tried for almost two hours to do it. Jerk nobles wouldn't know a good fight if it were happening right in their laps.

Articles

I never liked those silly nobles. Even though they have plenty of money they never wanted to buy any of my stuff so I could keep up with my journey.

Blog Entries

Yeah! I finally did it! I got all 100 of the bastards impressed!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Cheater! and I believe the highest I ever got was 97 too. Fun mini game.

Enjoy The Silence FallenSilence's Avatar

Best I ever got was 93-ish. That was WAY better than I did anytime before ( Isuck at that part) so I just settled for it.

I think there are actually three Moonstones: the one from the queen, the one from the friendly monsters, and you can buy one from Stiltzkin on disc 4, providing you bought everything else from him when you could.
    Should've Done Something
    But I've Done It Enough
    By The Way Your Hands Were Shaking
    Rather Waste My Time With You

Should've Said Something
    But I've Said It Enough
    By The Way My Words Were Faded
    Rather Waste My Time With You