Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FFXIV release date, collector's edition, bonus items. Oh my!

Default FFXIV release date, collector's edition, bonus items. Oh my!

FFXIV to be released on September 30th, 2010 - FFXIVCore.com - Final Fantasy XIV Fansite.

http://www.eorzeapedia.com/2010/06/3...press-release/

So this is interesting. I really want to get the CE, and try and find me an FF13 code - any idea where I can get one? I do plan on buying FF13 for PS3, just want the one with the code in it.

Last edited by Rostum; 07-01-2010 at 01:00 AM.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Definitely also wanting 2x CE (one for me, one for Danielle) and the codes. I have FFXIII for PS3, but I can't find the code. =/ I know it came with a code, but I thought that was for something else entirely. I'll have to dig around for it.

EDIT: Ah, it's a registration card thing. I guess I'll do that, then...

EDIT: Oh, that's not a campaign code. I see. I haven't got one of them. Now I feel ripped off. I guess it only came with collecter's editions or something.

EDIT: Ohhhh, but when I registered my FFXIII game with Square Enix using the registration code, I got emailed a FFXIV promotional code.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Apparently the Collector's Edition is to be released on September 22, 2010, while the standard edition will see release on September 30th, 2010. The PS3 version will be launched sometime in March, 2011.
    As much of a douche it may sound, i laughed really loud at this. PC games always got the 6 month delay treatment in terms of release dates in games so this is a refreshing twist for me

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

The site was unsure, but it said that the recommended specs were:

Windows XP/Vista/7, Intel Core 2 Duo 2GHz or AMD Athlon X2 2GHz, 2GB of RAM, 15GB HDD space, NVIDIA GeForce 9600 512MB or ATI Radeon HD 2900 512MB and DirectX 9
    Seems like a big difference from the benchmark, or maybe my geekanese is off. :/

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Bah, PS3 release not until 2011. Oh well, hopefully Miriel's new computer can handle it.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I doubt I'll be getting this right away due to law school, but it's possible I might start over winter break.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm super surprised by this news! Beta testing is only just starting, no? So that's only 3 months for the beta testing, packaging, distributing, etc. Wowza!

Kinda sad about the 6 month delay for the PS3 version. I was excited to play it on a console instead of on my computer. =/

But still, this is all very exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by The Summoner of Leviathan View Post
    The site was unsure, but it said that the recommended specs were:

Windows XP/Vista/7, Intel Core 2 Duo 2GHz or AMD Athlon X2 2GHz, 2GB of RAM, 15GB HDD space, NVIDIA GeForce 9600 512MB or ATI Radeon HD 2900 512MB and DirectX 9
    Seems like a big difference from the benchmark, or maybe my geekanese is off. :/
    It's been confirmed on the official Japanese website and the official S-E press site.

Oh and BoB. I think that is the right code you have, it's to sign up to PS3 beta and also to recieve the in-game item when FFXIV is released? I'll need to look in to it.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

yeah Omecle is right about the code...we get an in-game item on FFXIV. I am kinda bummed out about the late PS3 release thing. My computer was soo crappy the benchmark stopped, so i was really looking forward to the console release....oh well it is going to be a costly fall-season anyways with soo many games coming out, so i guess it means i can save a little money and not drown in debt @ the beggining of school!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I hope my computer will be able to run it. Anyone know the system specs like graphic card wise? I might ave to update.

EDIT: lol should read all the thread first xD

Kinda pissed about the 6 month difference. All but like one of my friends won't be able to play it and if it's anything like Final Fantasy XI, which I'm guessing it won't be, the economy might be horribly skewed by the time they join

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I don't get how an economy gets skewed. I mean, the economy is the economy. Things go up in price and then down in price. Isn't that what makes it an economy?
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Yeah. In fact, it usually gets more and more stable over time. It's mostly when big changes happen that it gets messed up, such as huuge exploits that let you generate money out of nothing, or the addition of a lot of new items tha tmake older gear less valuable.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Well I would have thought things would get cheaper if anything but that's not what I experienced in FFXI. Everything was so inflated by the time I played that I couldn't afford level 10 armour until several levels afterwards and by that time I'd need new armour etc etc. Granted it was two years after release and not six months but it was extremely annoying, I still put up with worse equipment but when I asked around it seemed that it was all a lot more affordable before

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

That's very odd, you'd think that as a game ages it would have less lower level members and more higher level members, so the demand for low level gear would decrease, while the availability would increase, making low level gear get dirt cheap.