Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mystery about dreamworld

Quote Originally Posted by Future Esthar View Post
    Not really. Since this was the first time they had experienced it
    Evidence,please.

How about evidence that they HAD gone through it before?

It's fair enough that Laguna mentions 'the faeries' after the dream world had been experienced before in game, but this was the first dream they had gone though, no previous dream is mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Crop View Post
    It's fair enough that Laguna mentions 'the faeries' after the dream world had been experienced before in game, but this was the first dream they had gone though, no previous dream is mentioned.
    Oh, I'm not agreeing with this theory. My point is that when Laguna talks about his experience when Squall & Co were there, he doesn't indicate that they could hear the thoughts.

Therefore, the SeeDs thoughts could not lead to Ward reacting by saying, "Not again," as he would not have noticed the actual thought. He would have noticed that they were there because he would feel more powerful, but the actual junction came a while before that, and therefore it would be quite a delayed reaction for him to suddenly say, "Not again."

So you are saying that Laguna Summoned a Gf in front of the hotel bar woman on Deling City?
    Or in front of Raine while talking with Kiros?
    I donīt think so.
    Flo:Honey,the clock is late.Go out fix it.
    Mayor Dobe:What hours is it?
    Flo: 15:30
    Mayor Dobe:Hey do you wanna to send the Estharians to Centra or what?
    Flo:Ok,let it be on 3:45

Images removed for being utterly colossal. Please use images that conform to the size limit.

Regards,
    Big D

Blog Entries

But when the group's conciousness is transfered back in time Laguna and Co become stronger because of the GF's. If this is so, why would Ward say "not again". If it had happened before, wouldnt he be pleased that they got a sudden power boost?

However getting lost isnt a pleasant experience, so Ward refering to them being lost again is the more likely explanation.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

They complain about the buzz on their heads.They canīt understand what itīs saying but they perceive it.

Images removed for being utterly colossal. Please use images that conform to the size limit.

Regards,
    Big D

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

The real mystery of the dreamworld is how items Laguna buys winds up in Squall's inventory.

Blog Entries

They complain about the buzz on their heads.They canīt understand what itīs saying but they perceive it.
    When have they ever complained or expressed any discomfort due to Squall and co being there? Sure theyve commented on it but never negatively
    Have a nice day!!

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BG-57 View Post
    The real mystery of the dreamworld is how items Laguna buys winds up in Squall's inventory.
    and vice versa

Also,how can Zell know about Ellone when her ship arrives given that he donīt dream about Winhill?

Regards,
    Big D

Coincidence. Pure & Utter Coincidence.

Though I do have one thing to ponder.. almost supporting Future Esthars theory :S
    In Winhill, while at the bar when Laguna is asking Kiros questions, you get to pick the questions Laguna asks. One of them is a thought of Squalls along the lines of "Where am I?" Picking this, thus gives an explanation of where he is. So there!
    Not saying I agree or disagree though... If I recall correctly, Laguna says it just game them power in battle.

Blog Entries

Also,how can Zell know about Ellone when her ship arrives given that he donīt dream about Winhill?
    The White SeeD Ship part happens after the flashback of the orphanage when they all recall thier memories
    Have a nice day!!

I am talking about their appearance on disk 2 blackmage_nuke

Regards,
    Big D

Quote Originally Posted by Propagator View Post
    Coincidence. Pure & Utter Coincidence.

Though I do have one thing to ponder.. almost supporting Future Esthars theory :S
    In Winhill, while at the bar when Laguna is asking Kiros questions, you get to pick the questions Laguna asks. One of them is a thought of Squalls along the lines of "Where am I?" Picking this, thus gives an explanation of where he is. So there!
    Not saying I agree or disagree though... If I recall correctly, Laguna says it just game them power in battle.
    interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by BG-57 View Post
    So, you agree that some certain elements of gameplay do relate to external stuff.

The fairy princess in the final battle for example. The Co. party don't easily die in that battle. What if Laguna and his party were responsible for that immortal stuff (fairy princess)?

Proof: Acknowledge that the minds of Squall and his party are active inside the minds of Laguna and his party. Right, so when Laguna or one of his members dies, the Squall and his party won't be physically affected.

I think when Ultimecia casted her time compression; causing everything to be compressed (mixed?). I mean, if you physically mix two things, you get some increased power, right? Maybe that has something to do with the fairy thing.

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I've always been careful to distinguish between artifacts that exist purely for the player's benefit and ones that internally contribute to the story. For example, few would question why monsters and allies have floating numbers appear over their heads when they take damage or get healed: it provides practical information for the player. The characters do not seem to notice, which is fine since it serves an external purpose not and internal one.

My guess as to the inventory thing is in case the player found themselves low on potions and the like and can't proceed through the dreamworld without restoking. So it's not really related to the plot. What makes it jarring is that although Ellone's power can transmit consciousness and GFs (which could both exist as energy) through time, material objects are a whole other ball of wax.

So the inventory is really an external issue and the transmission of consciousness is internal. But it would have been funny if Squall wondered out loud how those potions Laguna bought wound up in his pocket.