Thread: Min. specs for Final Fantasy XIV?

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default Min. specs for Final Fantasy XIV?

Has this ever been released?

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

This was just posted not long ago in Omecle's thread about the release date.

Quote Originally Posted by The Summoner of Leviathan View Post
    The site was unsure, but it said that the recommended specs were:

Windows XP/Vista/7, Intel Core 2 Duo 2GHz or AMD Athlon X2 2GHz, 2GB of RAM, 15GB HDD space, NVIDIA GeForce 9600 512MB or ATI Radeon HD 2900 512MB and DirectX 9
    Seems like a big difference from the benchmark, or maybe my geekanese is off. :/

I'm not sure if they're minimum or recommended specs. Either way, they are much lower than I anticipated!

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

those are min...My brother's laptop's specs (Windows 7 64bit, intel core i-7, Radeon HD card) throws that to the curb and it only touched 3000 on the benchmark. Of course they could down the specs it for the actual game, but i read somewhere they wanted it to appeal to higher end computers so it would last on the market longer and not have to use the shameless tactics WOW uses.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Like any MMORPG that aims to be a "big one", they will realistically be marketing towards every damned person they can market it towards.

The specs mean I may need to upgrade my graphics card, but that's about it, it seems. Good. Still, if it plays like a dog even after that then I'll probably upgrade a component per month. Problem is, I have to upgrade two PC's, not just mine.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

After reviewing the specs of the computer I plan on purchasing for college, I'll definitely be able to run this