Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The EoFF Linkshell/Group/Clan/Thing

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

My throat is sore from people jumping down it. As I said, I don't mind if we use another name, the idea of Eyeson was just a quick one and I don't think it sounds as bad as other people do.

My favourites are Overture/Eizon at the moment, Fat Chocobos is cool as is Eyeson. If I were to be playing for a long time I'd probably enjoy Overture the most, since it's short, simple and a nice sounding word in general. And obviously I know a lot of people who were in Overture so it brings back good memories. Everyone wanted to join!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    My throat is sore from people jumping down it.
    Hug it out, BoB. Hug it out.

I like Fat Chocobo the best, but I'm sure we can think of a couple more possibilities before we have to settle on a name. We could give it a little while longer and see what people come up with and then vote on it.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Did the previous Overture have a website? Who led it? My only concern about it is using someone else's name and using it to represent something completely different. It would be like me suggesting we use TheShadows, the LS on Pandy that many EoFFers were a part of, whose leaders really have nothing to do with this site.

I'd honestly prefer we use a new name to represent a new beginning. Also a poll sounds like an excellent idea. Let's wait until we get closer to release, though. We don't even know what level of guild/linkshell/company we're working with here.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Did the previous Overture have a website? Who led it?
    I did. I made a forum for it but since I broke the shell I cancled my hosting and domain name. And I do kind of agree, because when I made it I was just thinking about friends and nothing EoFF-centric. It just ended up that way eventually I think. Would be nice to have a fresh new name though.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Make it a multichoice poll. *nod*

I'll try to keep thinking of names and put them in as they pop up in my head... and yeah, we should probably figure out how they work first, that's true.

Blog Entries

Moogle Division!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Mognet Central!

Just for the record, in case you do have a poll up eventually, I like these names: Eizon, Fat Chocobos, Mognet Central, and Onion Knights. Those are my nominations anyway. If I think of some I will post them up.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

What's so bad about the name Eyeson

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Nothing, except everything.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Eizon does admittedly sound and look cooler than Eyeson, and if you search for Eizon FFXIV and find anything other than this site then I'd be surprised anyway. It's unique to this site, and still looks the goods. It's still quick to type (faster by one letter!), for us on the slow side or for us chatting mid-battle or something. It probably won't be used by other groups on other servers either, hopefully, making it even more unique to ourselves. So I can see why people would favour Eizon over Eyeson, and agree with them. Although I still don't think Eyeson is terrible, enough people do to make it not worth considering any longer.

Blog Entries

Like I said in the other thread, I think that depending on the length allowed for an LS name, it should be "The (old LS name) Overture". Sadly, I can't remember what our LS was called before Overture.

I really don't consider Overture to be the LS I was a part of. It was just a continuation of the old one. However, we got a lot of new members in Overture that shouldn't be ignored. That's why I'd love an LS name that acknowledges both of them. As for the main site, we could probably just make our announcement message the main site. Every time they log in, they'd see "Eyesonff.com".

So, basically I'm on the side that we don't name the LS after the site, and instead get new members for the site by making friends with the people we meet there, having them join our LS, and letting them know that our base of operations is here.

Overture
    DaCandyShop
    Red Lotus

The only LS that i really cared about

The problem with these guilds is that the leader seemingly has to stay on and do things actively otherwise people have trouble mingling with others and then stop doing stuff. This however is less of an issue when theres so many new people around. If a guild gets too big too fast then people will separate themselves into cliques of sorts, where they will only unify for raids and other big group stuff.

So on how i feel about getting just ANYONE on EoFF, don't do it. Its not worth it and in the end has a possible factor of undoing the guild to begin with. Just get those interested here, and foster a nice group thats willing to help newbs get to where they need to be. Don't force it, just go in with a general fun goal and everything else will fall into place. Once everyone is high enough or starting to get to max level proficiencies, they should have a more intimate bond with one another so you can focus on end-game activities.

The reason i say focus on end-game is because if not, they will probably find some group that will. And wouldn't you guys want to do them as well? Those that grew up with you in the game tend to stay with, and i personally would like people that i know to do end-game with than be forced to recruit strangers by the handful.

This is just my opinion though throughout my FFXI experience leading and doing LS related stuff...i could be wrong though since FFXIV is a new game altogether

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

FFXIV Character

Aydin Yamisama (Sargatanas)

For the name, I nominate 'Eyeson' or 'Eyesonff' because I think that people who join our group from outside of EoFF will find our website easily that way.
    I second that nomination!

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by ♪TJ Gaga♪ View Post
    For the name, I nominate 'Eyeson' or 'Eyesonff' because I think that people who join our group from outside of EoFF will find our website easily that way.
    I second that nomination!
    But the logic in that suggestion is terrible...
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?