Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

Articles
    Blog Entries

I hate Twilight. And not in the hipster-style "I hate anything that's popular" kind of hate; I just hate it.

Not coming back. BarelySeeAtAll's Avatar

I watched it yesterday, and although yes it was better than the last few and it had some okay battle scenes, I thought it was all a bit rushed (though, it was what..two hours or something?). The battle scenes didn't last long enough, and there was too much Bella on the screen. I still like a few of the characters, but none of them are main enough to get that much screentime. It was a little corny (i.e. every word out of Bella's mouth) and my mate was even laughing out loud at some of the "serious" scenes. I didn't like the replacement for Victoria - she looked very similar but didn't act like how I thought the original would have.

Sure there was more to say about this trainwreck..I mean, okay film. Why it sells so well I don't know..but at least we were in the luxury suite with leather sofas and alcohol if I were old enough. . .The popcorn fight was worth it though - free popcorn because my mate's bro works there it wasn't funny when it got in my hair though

I am not a man

Articles
    Blog Entries

I watched the first one because I had to see what the fuss was about (I also watched it again with a friend while we both...let's say...under the influence; just for lols) and after that I said "okay, I get it. There is no way that this couldn't appeal to young teenage girls, but it's a horrible smurfing movie." As I am NOT a young teenage girl, I did not see the sequel and I will not be seeing this.

It was better than the first two but they were pretty much piles of crap. I suppose eclipse can be compared to a highly polished turd.

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

Or maybe a chipped, flawed diamond?

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by BarelySeeAtAll View Post
    I didn't like the replacement for Victoria - she looked very similar but didn't act like how I thought the original would have.
    Really? Not that this matters, but I don't think they look similar at all. Rachelle has a softer looking face, looser curls, lighter and more natural looking red hair.

Quote Originally Posted by BarelySeeAtAll View Post
    but at least we were in the luxury suite with leather sofas and alcohol if I were old enough.
    Where do you live where you have luxury seats?!

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Clo View Post
    I'm not going to contribute my money to this madness. :p
    Clo has the right idea. Not for it. But the crazed fans provide endless amounts of entertainment for us haters. ie - (SPOILER)crazy girl.
    Last edited by Shorty; 07-05-2010 at 06:55 AM.

Blog Entries

I don't even understand that. How could you NOT understand hate for Breaking Dawn? Strangely, I've actually read the four books. My old girlfriend lent me the first three and I sat down and read all them bad boys, thinking, "Well, this is a simple, sleezy-minus-any-sex read" and then I walked outside into the world and holy crap, people were not seeing it for the simple, sleezy little read that I had.

I ended up reading the fourth book when it came out just to see what could possibly happen to Bella and her smurfed up little love triangle from Hell. AND OH MY GOD, I wish I had gouged my eyes out instead, to spare myself the expense of my curiosity. The fourth book was a trauma-fest of disturbing psuedo-sex scenes, plot points that I would expect from fanfiction.net and not a published book, and fun little vampire biology that consisted of a horrifying vampire baby needing its placenta chewed through.

Who in the world could possibly think this was good reading material? Maybe if the baby started killing off everyone in the town after its placenta was chewed through, making it consistent with the horror genre you would assume of such DISTURBING CRAP, but no, it becomes a loving daughter with a name that made me vomit a little.

To be fair, Eclipse was my favorite of the four books, mainly because it wasn't 500 PAGES OF TALKING. So that's not saying much. I liked the newborn vampires, they were a cool idea. I guess. I'm trying to not sound so angry, okay?

And yes, I will see Breaking Dawn when the movie comes out, because I sort of just want to see how they handle the destructo-baby breaking Bella's spine thing, and the blood-gore fest that is Edward pulling out a baby while Bella's all Nightmare C-Sectioned with all her bones broken. Someone should just gouge my eyes out now.
    Last edited by Clo; 07-05-2010 at 07:24 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Sounds like the plot for a new Saw movie :/

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post

Wow, that girl kinda rox! I like how she had the time to make so many videos and when she said "Amazing Books", I heard it as "AMAZING BOOBS".

EDIT: I actually using my time to watch all her videos! Although all she ever receive are negative comments though!
    Last edited by Christmas; 07-05-2010 at 09:49 AM.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

At first I was like no, but then when she "Amazing Book" I started busting out laughing. I also laughed at what looks like a theater curtain behind her. She reminds me of Chris Crocker a bit...if Chris Crocker was an obese British woman. "Stephanie Mayer"

EDIT: Omg, did you guys see this? This girl's great.

I saw the first Twilight movie on a plane from Tokyo to San Francisco, I think. There wasn't really anything else, so I thought "well, what the heck".

I guess I understand why teenage girls and tweens are fascinated by it, but all I saw was a mediocre teen movie.

Twilight is the reason God gave up on humanity.

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Twilight is the reason Bunny's God gave up on humanity.
    Fixed.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    EDIT: Omg, did you guys see this? This girl's great.
    I love how she's shrieking like a harpy throughout the first half of the clip.