View Poll Results: Which names do you like best?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cid's Knights

3 21.43%
  • Fat Chocobos

6 42.86%
  • Eizon

5 35.71%
  • Eizon Rebirth

2 14.29%
  • Eyeson

5 35.71%
  • Mognet Central

3 21.43%
  • Moogle Division

3 21.43%
  • Onion Knights

7 50.00%
  • Overture

5 35.71%
  • Something else (post below)

3 21.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Linkshell Poll

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

I think it's easy to pronounce but it's not very appealing to hear. Vana'diel just rolled right out and sounded elegant. Eorzea sounds like a scientific plural of a bacterial disease.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I don't think she means it's hard to pronounce once someone tells you, but that when you look at it it's not easy to figure out how it's pronounced. I mean if I say xkfhsdlkhdfcd is pronounced 'cat', well that's easy to pronounce but how the smurf do you get cat from all that?

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

How is it pronounced? :o I seriously don't know. Or-zee? Eh-or-zee-ah? Ee-or-zah?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Omecle should post a recording of him saying it.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Eh-or-zay-ah.

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    I mean if I say xkfhsdlkhdfcd is pronounced 'cat', well that's easy to pronounce but how the smurf do you get cat from all that?
    That is the worst analogy ever, and is invalid.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You're saying that Eh-or-zay-ah is easy to pronounce? It doesn't even sound like I'm saying an actual word, more like I had stroke and random sounds are coming out of my mouth.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I kind of just assumed the name was said E-or-zay-ah. I don't know if I've heard someone pronounce it. But I can see how it could be difficult to know how to pronounce it after reading it because I can see how it could be pronounced in a few different ways. I agree that Eizon is way, way better than Eorzea and we shouldn't need to tack on anything to Eizon, really, as it's good on it's own.

While I don't mind Raging Cactuars, I do actually agree that making it FF related isn't amazingly creative and that it might make us just be "yet another". I'm pretty keen on us having a unique name amongst linkshells if that's possible - but it's not the end of the world and I wouldn't be that bothered. Just a preference. At least we're getting a good set of names together. =]
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The more I think about it, the more I'd definitely be ok with Eizon. I still think Fat Chocobos is super cute and I don't think it would be THAT common of a linkshell name. I think such a cute name would attract a certain type of player. Rather than something like DARK RAPTURE, you know? Fat Chocobo is just so friendly sounding, I think it would attract friendly people.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

To be fair, when we had Overture nobody cared what our linkshell name was, they just partied with us or noticed us messing about in a town and, since we talk so much, they would ask to join later on or something. Well, that's how it was for me, anyway. So even if we were called DARK RAPTURE we should still get fun people. Although it would be admittedly misleading. xD

My favourite is probably actually Danger Geese, even though I made it up as a stupid name, it's actually stuck with me. Eizon is cool and I really like that it's short and simple. I don't mind Fat Chocobos that much, but I just love having a unique name so much because it makes me feel like we're that much more different from the rest.

I've grown off Eyeson and can understand the good reasoning behind not sticking with Overture, although I still think it's a nice name.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh yeah, it's not like a lame name would be completely lacking in friendly people. That's not what I was saying. But from my own personal experience, if I was checking out people or in a party and noticed that they had a LS with a cute or funny name, it would definitely perk my interests. And I might ask about it or sometimes I might deliberately ask for a pearl.

Overture is an incredibly boring name imho. Same with our Pandemonium LS name, the Shadows. Great bunch of people, but still, boring name. In the end, I think no matter what we go with, it'll all be good. But it would be really nice to have a name everyone (or at least the majority) was excited about it.

Anyone who joins a guild just for the name can go to hell.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    Anyone who joins a guild just for the name can go to hell.
    Is that a guild or something 'cause man it sounds AWESOME

I guess Danger Geese would be okay. It is somewhat catchy.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pricklepants View Post
    Overture is an incredibly boring name imho. Same with our Pandemonium LS name, the Shadows.
    I like how you seem to regard these linkshells as ours (by which I assume you mean EoFF) when, in both cases, the majority of the people populating both shells had nothing to do with EoFF (or at least not for years).

While you may find a name like Overture boring, I tend to find it to be a lot classier than a number of the types of names that spring up. If you want to flock like sheep to a group whose name is just another variation of some Final Fantasy reference, be my guest. I'd prefer something a little more unique.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Ouch speaks the truth. Overture sounds a lot more like an LS i'd want to be in than some cheesy FF reference, or "generic heroic-sounding LS".

Doesn't get much better than my shell though :p.
    (SPOILER)
    Last edited by Mirage; 07-07-2010 at 02:47 PM.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

EYES ON EIZON CID'S RAGING DARK STAR DANGER CHOCOBO KNIGHT BRIGADE RAPTURE (CACTUARS FAT ONION GEESE OVERTURE).mp3

*play*