Thread: Making money?

Default Making money?

I've completed the main story, but now I need enormace amounts of cash to buy the many materials I need to upgrade all the weapons and accessories. Does anyone know any good ways to make money in FFXIII? I already have a Collector's Catalog equipped.

Curse the devs for not have enemies just drop cash.....
    It was tough work, carrying two hundred and twenty pounds of sociopath to the top of Gotham Towers~~ The hightest spot in the city. The scream alone is worth it.- Batman, The Dark Knight Returns.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

You need to fight PSICOM soldiers and similar enemies. They drop Credit Chips and Incentive Chips, which will give you lots of gil. I'm pretty sure you can go back to Eden and fight some there. I think there was another way to get a lot, but I'm not sure!

I made the vast majority of my money when I was trying to farm traps, got a tonne of plat ingots. I had collectors and connoisseur cat equipped as the collectors can give you enough organic materials to get to bonus exp and the connoisseur gets you the "sell for a premium" items.

Do the Vanille robot sidequest in Oerba.
    Flo:Honey,the clock is late.Go out fix it.
    Mayor Dobe:What hours is it?
    Flo: 15:30
    Mayor Dobe:Hey do you wanna to send the Estharians to Centra or what?
    Flo:Ok,let it be on 3:45

Images removed for being utterly colossal. Please use images that conform to the size limit.

Regards,
    Big D

Quote Originally Posted by Ezme View Post
    I made the vast majority of my money when I was trying to farm traps, got a tonne of plat ingots. I had collectors and connoisseur cat equipped as the collectors can give you enough organic materials to get to bonus exp and the connoisseur gets you the "sell for a premium" items.
    That's really the best options? I was afraid of that. Even with everyone's primary rolls maxed out, I've been able to take down exactly one of those monsters with Vanille Death Spell, disabling the legs with the her summon and all. And I don't see it getting any better.
    It was tough work, carrying two hundred and twenty pounds of sociopath to the top of Gotham Towers~~ The hightest spot in the city. The scream alone is worth it.- Batman, The Dark Knight Returns.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

That is honestly the fastest way to make cash for now, purely due to the amount of cash you get for a Platinum Ingot. As you get people's primary weapons, you can obviously improve your speed at killing them as you go along. But yeah, just keep doing the death trick until you can get to the stage that you can take out the legs of an Adamantoise quickly and then beat him to death. That way you don't need to store up TP between fights.

If I were you, though, I would focus on maxing out your other stats in all roles, it will make the gil-hunting easier. You could alternatively continue with the death spell and, if you have the egg, you will get quick CP out of it, too.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

oh yes, I did it with the egg too so it got easier very quickly!

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    That is honestly the fastest way to make cash for now, purely due to the amount of cash you get for a Platinum Ingot. As you get people's primary weapons, you can obviously improve your speed at killing them as you go along. But yeah, just keep doing the death trick until you can get to the stage that you can take out the legs of an Adamantoise quickly and then beat him to death. That way you don't need to store up TP between fights.

If I were you, though, I would focus on maxing out your other stats in all roles, it will make the gil-hunting easier. You could alternatively continue with the death spell and, if you have the egg, you will get quick CP out of it, too.
    Yeah, on my way to go get the Growth Egg now. Didn't realize it existed for the longest time, yet everyone is getting close maxing out their 4th roll each.

Thanks for the advice all.

One more quick question. While still trying to abuse Vanille's Death Spell, is their any penalty to the odds of it working if I upgrade her Marboro Wand to its ultimate level?

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle299 View Post
    Yeah, on my way to go get the Growth Egg now. Didn't realize it existed for the longest time, yet everyone is getting close maxing out their 4th roll each.

One more quick question. While still trying to abuse Vanille's Death Spell, is their any penalty to the odds of it working if I upgrade her Marboro Wand to its ultimate level?
    No, there is no penalty, they both have Improved Debuffing II.

Also with reguards to getting the Groth egg if you are going to rely on Vanille's Death spell then I would highly recommend using Fang and Snow in the Sentinel rolls to keep the Pikochu's busy as they tend to hate Vanille.

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserDragon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle299 View Post

No, there is no penalty, they both have Improved Debuffing II.

Also with reguards to getting the Groth egg if you are going to rely on Vanille's Death spell then I would highly recommend using Fang and Snow in the Sentinel rolls to keep the Pikochu's busy as they tend to hate Vanille.
    I might. I was going to see if my strategy of Lightning and Vanille with Random: Instant Chain and Fang's Highwind with the Genji Gauntlet might do the trick first. I've powerful up significantly since I fought the first Neochu.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I found having debuffers with Random: Instant Chain to be really useful.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I found having debuffers with Random: Instant Chain to be really useful.
    That's why my primary Saboteur and my primary Ravanger both have that ability.