Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best live event

Default Best live event

Whether it was a sporting event, concert, theatre etc. What's the best thing you've ever paid good money to see?

Top 3:

1) Flight of the Conchords
    2) Ricky Gervais
    3) Death Cab For Cutie
    Currently playing: FFII (PSOne) & FFXIII (PS3) whilst his girlfriend fumbles through FFIV

'The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed...'

PSN ID: gooseisahero
    Add Me!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

1. Ed Byrne
    2. Rhys Davis
    3. Def Leppard
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    1. Ed Byrne
    2. Rhys Davis
    3. Def Leppard
    I've tried desperately to get into Ed Byrne's comedy but just when he makes me laugh he says something that really annoys me. I need to stop watching Mock the Week I think.
    Currently playing: FFII (PSOne) & FFXIII (PS3) whilst his girlfriend fumbles through FFIV

'The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed...'

PSN ID: gooseisahero
    Add Me!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

You can't really judge his stuff by Mock the Week, because he's a solo stand-up comedian far more than he is an improv star. As a solo stand-up comedian, he's freaking hilarious. I love his stuff.

I can't wait to see Jimmy Carr, we're hoping to see him in August.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Other than theater, I've just seen Carlos Mencia and a Tool concert where I sat on the highest row on the seat furthest to the left. My view of the stage was mostly obstructed by the wall that replaced my left armrest. Every seat was sold, so there was no moving. The music was great and all, but Tool was right there and I could only see the bassist

So theater!

I'd say The Producers, The Drowsy Chaperone, and Into the Woods :3

Blog Entries

A friend of mine paid a ridiculous amount of money on two Liza Minnelli tickets, and brought me along. We sat right up by the scene, and we got to meet her afterwards. That was pretty cool.

I've seen Grace Jones in concert three times, and met her twice since 2007.

Grace Jones is crazy live! - and I mean that in a good way.

As for the topic, I don't know. I've seen many great concerts and other live events, so I can't really pick.

Blog Entries

I haven't been to a lot, but Jay Chou was great. It was the first and only time the Taiwanese singer had ever been to Australia so he sang songs from all his albums, not just the latest few.

I love going to the footy. The most enjoyable one was actually one where the team I support lost, but it was very high scoring game and it really went down to the wire.

And I managed to snag a free ticket to A Night in Fantasia in 2007. It's an annual performance by the Eminence Symphony Orchestra. They perform classical renditions of video game and anime music, but 2007 was the year they decided to split the concerts. So I went to the video game one, where the music is much more recognisable to me.

Bruce Springsteen. Even into his 60's, I've never been to a concert that had more energy or joy.

Take care all.

Blog Entries

I have yet to see of Montreal live, but they're touring soon, and when I do see them, I will die of a happy little heart attack and none of you will see from me again.
    Last edited by Clo; 07-08-2010 at 08:38 PM.

I would pay several well-earned dollars to see a Pain of Salvation concert. Unfortunately, they do not tour within the United States due to custom regulations and other nonsense on the US government's part. They were going to do a show with Dream Theater but the plans fell through because of complications with their record company.

I do not go to many live events because I get panic and anxiety attacks when I am in the middle of a large group of people. That said, I do enjoy going to sporting events for handegg and baseball.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

1) Red Hot Chili Peppers
    2) She Wants Revenge
    3) Jenny Lewis // Yeah Yeah Yeahs tie for third. (I cheat.)

NCAA Basketball Regional Final. My team won the first game against St. Mary's by a lot, then lost the second one to Duke very closely. Disappointing, because of how close we came, but still an incredible experience.

Not coming back. BarelySeeAtAll's Avatar

As far as I recall, I've never really been to a live event. Hoping to go see Midgar (BAND) in Exeter very very soon, it'll be TOTALLY awesome

I am not a man

Articles
    Blog Entries

1. A Perfect Circle
    2. Rage Against The Machine
    3. The Prodigy/Explosions in the Sky (different experiences, hard to decide).

I would add tool, but the crowd kind if ruined it for me, even though the band were truly amazing. It's more that the concerts I've put up there were just perfect in every way.