Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dragon Age 2 Announced!

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    It went on to talk about how the PC version you had to think a bit more on your tactics while the console version, since you only have so many buttons, couldn't do that well (see DA:O and the sometimes clunky battle system). So they made it so the PC you still have to think more while the console they fixed to be more quick action.

And yes don't think of it as DA:O 2. It's not following the same story of your warden. It's there to show you the DA universe.

And what it means by paraphrasing is that the dialogue when you choose it, is still shown/heard. It's just so you can make a quicker choice instead of wasting your time reading/hearing the same thing twice.
    Oh, I see. That sucks. I only played the Console version of DA:O, but I found it to be a highly tactical system that relied heavily on where I cast my spells (I played a Mage by the way, if that wasn't obvious). I hope it doesn't just become a mindless hack 'n' slash on the consoles, as there is no way my laptop would be able to run the game.

I understand the paraphrasing thing, as I assume it will be similar to Mass Effect, but the thing with Mass Effect was, sometimes I picked an option but then when Shepard actually said the line, it wasn't what I had in mind when picking it.

Ah well, I'm just grateful to be having another adventure within the DA Universe.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Hawke is apparently a survivor of Lothering after it was attacked/destroyed by the Blight in DA:O.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    And what it means by paraphrasing is that the dialogue when you choose it, is still shown/heard. It's just so you can make a quicker choice instead of wasting your time reading/hearing the same thing twice.
    Aw, but I liked reading my options and choosing them. And I wish I could design my own character still, ie pick a name and race, but oh well! I can deal.

The battle system sure can be clunky. I'm playing it on a PC right now, and it's much better than when I played it briefly on the console.

I'm-a gonna miss the Wardens. But I want to find more about Morrigan and Flemeth, definitely.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

I'm hoping for maybe more DLC. Hopefully, they will release a DLC that will deal with Morrigan's epilogue? That'd be cool. And apparently there's still something on Feb 1st, 2011 to look forward to! I wonder what they'll do!