Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Inception

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The sets look amazing. Can't wait to see it! I'm a big fan of Chris Nolan's work.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm excited as well - this looks like it'll be good.

I'm sad that Leonardo seems to be gaining weight. I hope he doesn't go Marlon Brando on me. :(

Also, it has Tommy and Juno! How can I not see this!

Banned

It's got Dicaprio and a 100% on RT, and the trailers look incredible.

I will be seeing this opening day.

I don't know how long I've been waiting for this flick. Ever since I saw the ever so vague first preview, I know I've wanted to see it.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Was this film based on a prior published work?

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    No, it's written by Christopher Nolan.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

That's a shame.

Hope Cillian Murphy gets a decent role in this movie. Such an underrated actor. Michael Caine seems to have the same exact role in every one of Nolans movies. Give the guy a chance, jeez!

I've been looking forward to this film for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post
    No, it's written by Christopher Nolan.
    That's a shame.

Oh I totally with you, Depression Moon! I just love it when Hollywood takes a great book, like Live and Let Die by Ian Fleming and smurfing butchers the hell out of it...No, on second thought, no I don't like it when Hollywood does that!

Not coming back. BarelySeeAtAll's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    Hope Cillian Murphy gets a decent role in this movie. Such an underrated actor.
    Glad someone else agrees! I think he's the biggest factor for me wanting to watch this film As soon as I saw him on the ad I kind of leapt up, took a great big gasp (and probably a fly while doing so) and did some form of girly-high-pitched squeal. Gotta love him.

Though I'm not that much of a fan of Caprio. I'm not sure what it is about him to be honest; I appreciate he's a good actor. Heck, if I remember rightly he was the autistic teen in What's Eating Gilbert Grape right? Loved him in that so shweet.

I really should check deeper in to this film though, it looked like one of those "THE END OF THE WORLD APOCALIPSE!!!!" style films, but I get the feeling if I believed that everyone would soon start yelling and correcting me

To sum this up.....if it's apocalyptic cliché then I shall not watch, if it is I shall, because Cillian Murphy's in it I want to, Leonardo I'm not fussed over, but I have no money to see this film.

I am not a man

Quote Originally Posted by BarelySeeAtAll View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    Hope Cillian Murphy gets a decent role in this movie. Such an underrated actor.
    Glad someone else agrees! I think he's the biggest factor for me wanting to watch this film As soon as I saw him on the ad I kind of leapt up, took a great big gasp (and probably a fly while doing so) and did some form of girly-high-pitched squeal. Gotta love him.

Though I'm not that much of a fan of Caprio. I'm not sure what it is about him to be honest; I appreciate he's a good actor. Heck, if I remember rightly he was the autistic teen in What's Eating Gilbert Grape right? Loved him in that so shweet.

I really should check deeper in to this film though, it looked like one of those "THE END OF THE WORLD APOCALIPSE!!!!" style films, but I get the feeling if I believed that everyone would soon start yelling and correcting me

To sum this up.....if it's apocalyptic cliché then I shall not watch, if it is I shall, because Cillian Murphy's in it I want to, Leonardo I'm not fussed over, but I have no money to see this film.
    Definitely not going involve any form of "apocalypse", I don't think. It does have that sort of big-budget action movie vibe to it though, doesn't it?

I think the plot is going to be deep and rich, probably a lot of room for plot twists given the entire entering dreams schtick. We can't really gather much from the trailer but from what I can tell:

1. There's no way to distinguish from the dream parts and the parts that are reality. It's kinda like watching the trailer for The Matrix, all we knew back then was that stuff looked really, really cool we didn't know there was a mind-blowing plot behind it.
    2. It's gotten good reviews thus far, so it's probably got substance.
    3. It's about dreams.
    4. It has Cillian Murphy in it and ohmygodhehasthoseblueeyesandihopehetakesoffhisshirtlikein28dayslaterbutmaybeinacontextthatsalittlebi tmorepleasantthanazombieapocalypseandihopehedoesthatthingwhereheraiseshiseyebrowsaftersayingsomethin gdramaticallylikehedidinbatmanthefirstonenotthesecondonehisroleinthesecondonewasverysmallnobutreally cillianmurphy.
    Peddler of Nonsense.

Not coming back. BarelySeeAtAll's Avatar

hewasnakedin28dayslaterhomgthatissomemindblowingshizzle

A-okay I feel more educated after that!

I am not a man

I'm torn. I really like Nolan, his movies have always been enjoyable to me, but I am unsure whether or not this movie is good enough to justify the outrageous cost of movie tickets in my area. I will definitely see this movie at some point though.