Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

Thread: Inception

Quote Originally Posted by I Took the Red Pill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    ALso I hate to quote myself but I really want to discuss:
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmage_nuke
    How and why did Cobb and Mal go into the first limbo? What were they doing at the time? It only shows them waking up on the floor, there is no one else around that they were trying to extract information from and no one to operate the machine. If there isnt an answer it begs the golden question presented in the film "How did they get there". This seems to support the "the entire movie is a dream" theory
    I believe that Cobb, being trained in the field of dream manipulation by his father, suggested that him and Mal share some dreams and explore the endless possibilities (to quote Adriadne: "It's pure creation"). Thing is, either by accident or on purpose, not sure, they ended up going too deep. They live in Limbo for a time until Cobb convinces Mal that they are dreaming, they are killed by the train, and then they wake up. When they wake up on the floor you can see the dream machine next to them. I assume Cobb just pressed the button that lulled them both into the dream state.
    (SPOILER)I'm pretty sure Cobb mentioned they were experimenting with dream-sharing and that's where they learned about Limbo the hard way.

Anyway (SPOILER)I think the start of this movie was kinda rushed and the motivations behind a few characters were a little sketchy. Cobb's wedding ring being the audience' totem seems really stretched as it's hardly ever shown clearly.

I believe the ending was reality. It's gut-feeling really.

Edit: I seem to unconsiously like finishing sentences with the letter 'y'.

Its actually the opposite. There's quite a few clear shots of the ring, most notable when Cobb and Mal are waiting for the train.

INCEPTION: Wait.. What happened? |

Quote Originally Posted by Doomie View Post
    Its actually the opposite. There's quite a few clear shots of the ring, most notable when Cobb and Mal are waiting for the train.

True. These are some clear shots, but I don't think the ring was shown deliberately as a totem. It would need more emphasis to make it clear for everyone.

trying not to over analyse it, but best ending ever.
    if finding love is just a dance, proximity and chance, you will excuse me if i skip the masquerade

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

I'm getting flashbacks of matrix where people overanalysed the film after watching it. I liked the article but I already knew that he was in the real world - the totem wobbled. The totem doesn't wobble in the dream world.

Movie was very good imo - some people were mentioning a sequel but I didn't see any mention of sequels in wikipedia; regardless I would hate to see a sequel as there would be no point.

I actually managed to not fully understand the film after speaking with Zach! I didn't need to watch it again, but now that somebody up there mentioned 'the kids are wearing different shoes in the last scene', I need to watch it again now.

Boo.

Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post
    This might have already been picked up on in the thread but this was an interesting thing to note about the music:

Hans Zimmer: Clever Clogs… « Danny Graydon
    God dammit I was just about to post that. Oh well.

Funny that I started this thread and didn't even bother to post my thoughts on the movie. I thought it was alright. Great music, decent performances and some really inspiring cinematography. I do think Nolan might be trying a tad too hard to be clever with his work. I think he expects a little too much from the audience. I feel as if I need to go back at least two more times to even understand what the hell I just watched which means I'm paying three times as much as i should to just "get it". Well you know what, FORGET THAT! Ima go watch Avatar again.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Came back form seeing this movie a few hours ago and it was seriously an inspirational experience. Never have I seen such a good movie like this. I was and still am a bit upset about seeing this with my mother since I did miss the first ten minutes just about and with certain movies I don't like to miss jack.

Now for my detailed opinion. So glad I can finally talk in code.

(SPOILER)I really liked how this movie dealt with the premise of dream manipulation. Messing with dreams in real-life seems to be fantastical though earlier this week an outside source did influence my dream while I was sleeping. My mother had the TV on while I was sleeping and I was in a department store. A large bear came in and started attacking people, eventually chasing and killing me. When I woke up a news report was on TV talking about a recent bear siting. I subconsciously heard the cast while sleeping and it interfered with my dream. Scary stuff. Of course this movie deals with that interaction in a grand way.

The center of the plot involved around Cog making a deal with that Asian's man's name, (I forgot what it was) to clear his criminal charges of his wife's death. The deal involves him entering the mind of a company CEO I believe, to find out the idea or safe combination to the company's secret plan. The rival company is losing business and is desperate to steal from their competitor so that they may be able to stay in business. I was wondering what kind of device they would use for this dream manipulation. Looked less techy than I thought and more medicinal like I loved how they crafted the psychology in this film, bringing in the familiar and adding on to something new. The formation of the team was intriguing, though I wish I had seen this movie again so I can be more detailed in my posts. I'm struggling to remember specifics.
    A lot of great movies I watch seem to revolve around one premise rather than several like most do. If you didn't get that I mean that the movie's primary plot happens over the course of a day or with just one set goal. It seems like this formula or set up is one of the best and it certainly remains true here. Cog's character was interesting. His relationship with his dead wife played out in this movie was intelligently done. The dreams in this film weren't really outlandish like a know a lot ours can be, but I was suspecting that. Some people might not have taken this seriously if there were goofy dreams. Everything from how they explained the process of dream manipulation to a science and how it was visually done was astounding to me. I felt on the edge on those scenes where the Indian character (gosh I kept on forgetting names) was driving the van trying to avoid the dream guards, also at those last few moments when everything was coming to a close as the van was falling to the water.
    That fight where slick haired dude (ugh, not again) was fighting more dream guards in the hallway. Something didn't really make sense to me a little after that though since Cog stated when the van was falling that the slick haired dude had about three minutes while everything he was doing from fighting guards to tying everyone up and putting them in the elevator in zero gravity had to take at least six minutes. That aside everything else was brillant. I found it cool how the team was able to get away with that without the new CEO guy being suspicious since everyone he dreamed about was right on that plane with him. With the ending I believe Nolan was hinting at something with the spinning top, I'm guessing that Cog might've still have been dreaming?
    All in all this movie was a masterpiece that I will have to make sure to harass as many people as I can for work so I can have enough money to see it once again. I hope many Oscars are given in this film's honor.

11/10.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Peegee View Post

I'm getting flashbacks of matrix where people overanalysed the film after watching it. I liked the article but I already knew that he was in the real world - the totem wobbled. The totem doesn't wobble in the dream world.
    I thought it just doesn't fall.

Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post
    This might have already been picked up on in the thread but this was an interesting thing to note about the music:

Hans Zimmer: Clever Clogs… « Danny Graydon
    That's clever.
    Last edited by Depression Moon; 08-08-2010 at 11:33 PM.