Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Seifer and Squall are brothers

I don't think acting crazy is necessarily the same as being a troll. Granted, sometimes they go hand-in-hand, but its more like being a troll probably means you're crazy, but being crazy doesn't mean you're automatically a troll. Clogging the forum with crackpot theories at least keeps it alive and instigates discussion. I've rarely seen a flame war break out the few times I actually come check out his or Future Esthar's works. Its usually just lots of debates. Pointless, debates. But still debates. Trolls instigate actual arguing

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

haha this is smurfing stupid, and that's what you'd have to be to come up with something like this too
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

I love this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian XIII
    No, they aren't actually. I was being sarcastic and pulled two examples out of my perfectly sculpted ass.
    No need to point it out. I already knew, buddy.

I'm not buying that you made this thread just because you were bored. As you have shown, you've made threads like these before.
    Compared to my other theories, Squall and Seifer being brothers is pretty extreme. I thought that was already obvious enough.

Quote Originally Posted by f f freak
    Did Serapy just admit to being a troll in his last post? His grammar was vastly improved and the following quotes seem to highlight that he has just been trolling us all along:
    Do I intend to annoy people when I make threads like this? Uh-huh, my instincts say no. Therefore, I'm not a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by f f freak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MJN SEIFER View Post
    Serapy is not a troll, if he was he'd post anti FFVIII threads.

He was just having fun here, as was I - do you concider me a troll too?
    I meant troll in regards to posting crackpot theories, with sub par grammar and clogging up the FFVIII forum. And also not accepting when his theories were smashed into mush with evidence from the game, which he failed to provide to back up his theories.
    Guys and girls, we now have another one of these over-exaggerated claims made by a different person. I've been here since '06 and occasionally created threads and contributed to other people's threads from time to time. Now, you're saying that every post I made on this forum is void and null and that I never backed up one single post.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk
    Clogging the forum with crackpot theories at least keeps it alive and instigates discussion.
    You and Christmas are the only people that have said this. Excellent! Because that was always one of my main intentions when contributing to this forum. It's a shame how certain people don't realise this.

Oops. I may have argued back, but at least it's not VIII related!

When I was a lurker, FFVIII was probably one of my most viewed forums, back when Christmas went by Unknowns and spent most of her time arguing against crazy theories. It was amusing to watch it all unfold. I think that speaks for itself a bit, especially since I really actually hate FFVIII itself. You and Future Esthar managed to keep the place alive, and help people have an excuse to vent their love for the game by arguing crazy theories. I'm sure it was better than sitting around an empty forum, or going over the same old "riddles" or "ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer" oriented threads that are just prolonging the inevitable death of the forum

I personally don't care if an old game's forum lives or dies. If its old, then its reasonable there wouldn't be much activity in its forum. But stuff like this has managed to buck that trend and give the fans of the game something to do. So if that is indeed your mission, then I'd say you're accomplishing it to some degree. And kudos for that then

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Serapy View Post
    I love this!!!

No, they aren't actually. I was being sarcastic and pulled two examples out of my perfectly sculpted ass.
    No need to point it out. I already knew, buddy.
    You've seen my ass?

Quote Originally Posted by Serapy View Post
    I've got one more:

Seifer looking up to Balamb Garden at the end of the game.
    He knows that Squall is up there. He's glad that Squall is back from
    the dead. All of this were aided by the event that Squall, his own brother , saved Seifer from Ultimecia. Brothers that expressed dislikement for each other actually have true brother love for each other.. deep inside.

Or maybe he's happy that he isn't back on the vessel with a bunch chicken wusses and over zealous do gooders...

Basically you're in the fail.. Iceglow did a nice job explain things otherwise I would have yelled at you.. lol

HOTROD
    "Lets go for a spin you and I"

Quote Originally Posted by Serapy
    Guys and girls, we now have another one of these over-exaggerated claims made by a different person. I've been here since '06 and occasionally created threads and contributed to other people's threads from time to time. Now, you're saying that every post I made on this forum is void and null and that I never backed up one single post.
    I don't believe I ever said that every post you made on the forum is void, so maybe you need to go back and read the actual post. Nor did I say you never backed up a single post, I said you failed to provide evidence from the game.
    Although based on your inability to actually read/understand my post, it wouldn't surprise me if you thought you were providing evidence in the game after failing to read/understand the game.

I thought Squall and Seifer were ex-lovers :P

I don't believe I ever said that every post you made on the forum is void, so maybe you need to go back and read the actual post.
    Um, no. If I replace 'post' with 'theory', it becomes:

Guys and girls, we now have another one of these over-exaggerated claims made by a different person. I've been here since '06 and occasionally created threads and contributed to other people's threads from time to time. Now, you're saying that every theory I made on this forum is void and null and that I never backed up one single theory.
    That doesn't make any difference, now does it? Most of my posts on this forum include assumptions, such assumptions that you people call theories nowadays.

Nor did I say you never backed up a single post, I said you failed to provide evidence from the game.
    See, that's the implication. You're basically implying that I never provided evidence to back up EACH of my theory. How many theories I've made? A lot. Have I argued back? Yes. You should have read my post history before making an assumption like that, lol. Way to over-exaggerate yourself again.

Although based on your inability to actually read/understand my post, it wouldn't surprise me if you thought you were providing evidence in the game after failing to read/understand the game.
    It's common courtesy that VIII is one of the most comprehensive FF games, since the game uses a lot of basic English compared to other FF games. For example, compare VIII to XII. Now, you're claiming that I fail to read/understand VIII? Good job being over-exaggerated again and again!

By looking at the characters interactions one realize the following:

Edea and Seifer are Rinoaīs parents.
    Squall and Rinoa are Zellīs parents.
    Zell and Quistis are Selphieīs parents.
    Selphie probably stays with Irvine.

This looks crazy but itīs not because the world of FF8 is a "time compressed" world comprised of about 6 eras.
    Evidence?
    I made a lot of threads in the past showing them.

But you can do the following experiment:
    Divide the world in 6 big areas so that you canīt cross between them on foot.
    Then take the Ragnarok to different places and try to realise how these places evolve from one place to the other.
    Flo:Honey,the clock is late.Go out fix it.
    Mayor Dobe:What hours is it?
    Flo: 15:30
    Mayor Dobe:Hey do you wanna to send the Estharians to Centra or what?
    Flo:Ok,let it be on 3:45

Images removed for being utterly colossal. Please use images that conform to the size limit.

Regards,
    Big D

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I meant troll in regards to posting crackpot theories, with sub par grammar and clogging up the FFVIII forum.
    I don't agree with many theories myself (R/U especially), but I don't consider it trolling. I have read Serapy's theories and the theories of others - even the parts I don't necessarily agree with, I can see where the theorist (in this case Serapy) gets his/her theories from, and am very open to the fact that people interpret things differently. I do have theories on the FF games, and will post them, and if they are proved wrong fine. Some of which have already been proven wrong by solid evidence, but if I don't consider that evidence that solid, I will keep my theory, or if I find something that re-supports my theory I will try again. I'm not trying to be arrogant, because I will back down, if I have feel I have been proven wrong. There is one theory that some disagree with, but since the only way to really prove it is to as Square, I am sticking to it.

I'm sure this is true for Serapy (and anyone else) if they don't feel they have been proved wrong enough they will keep sticking to the theory, but if Serapy was given any evidence that his theory is 100% wrong he'll most probably let go of it. Until then, he has a right to post it.

Furthermore, it is unfair to label someone a troll because of their spelling and/or grammar. People make mistakes, even with simple things sometimes. Plus, the accused "troll" could be dyslexia or something, or simply not have a good spell checking tool. And even then, anyone who is using a system earlier than Vista may sometimes miss mistakes like "Your" vs. "You're" and "There" vs. "Their" (another reason why Vista is an excellent system).

I'm getting a kick out of this!
    Squall and Seifer are not brothers, but someone posting that they are *when it's rather obvious they're not...* gives all of us VIII diehards a chance to prove we're diehards!
    I'd like to say thanks, Serapy, you helped me roll my eyes and remind me what a sucker I am for this game!

Now, one little thing, just to make this more topic related, it never said Raine had two kids that Laguna wasn't there for. I'm pretty sure it'd be mentioned if she did, or if she had another child period.

Edit: And one more thing.. It's not called a sword. It's not called a gunsword either.. It's a gunblade. G U N B L A D E .
    Now carry on (:
    Last edited by Propagator; 07-12-2010 at 11:21 PM.

What's with the troll thing getting brought up all the time? I think it's pretty obvious that people are just trying to start up a conversation, even if it's a tongue-in-cheek exchange. All the legitimate theories have been talked to death, so this is just a way of keeping the conversations going until someone comes up with something else.

In regards to the theory I think it illustrates an assumption that could be made about the game if one were to experience only part of it, or to simply look at the characters alone without knowing the story. They made strong ties to Squall and Seifer in an attempt to make them out to be rivals, which could be seen as more than coincidental. Both specializing in gunblade usage? Okay. Both having matching scars? Alright so they have a counterpart thing going on. Both have a sorceress-knight situation. Both are about the same age. Both come from the same orphanage. Both have forgotten their past. Both are unaware of their parents at the beginning of the story. Both went after the same woman. Things are starting to go a little further than parallels. If not for Seifer's blond hair and age advantage over Squall this would be a perfectly reasonable assumption. I would not be surprised if the writers did not consider it at some point, so perhaps the spirit is there. Maybe they just wanted to avoid the cliche.

As long as we're throwing these out there what about Ward Being Seifer's father? No one really knows what he did while he worked as a janitor. He could have left a pregnant girlfriend behind to go help Laguna liberate Esthar, only to find that they were gone when he returned. And since it seems like the Kramers ran the only orphanage in the world, well you get the idea. It could explain why Seifer is so much taller than everyone else, and explain where he might have first come across the sorceress knight movie. Before anyone cries non-sequitur arguments and self reliant fallacies, I assure you that I am in no way convinced by my own words, nor is that the point of such a proposal.
    "I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron..."

Quote Originally Posted by Future Esthar View Post
    By looking at the characters interactions one realize the following:

This looks crazy but itīs not because the world of FF8 is a "time compressed" world comprised of about 6 eras.
    Evidence?
    I made a lot of threads in the past showing them.

But you can do the following experiment:
    Divide the world in 6 big areas so that you canīt cross between them on foot.
    Then take the Ragnarok to different places and try to realise how these places evolve from one place to the other.
    what's the purpose of that though in regards to the story though?

Quote Originally Posted by Future Esthar View Post
    *Head explodes*