Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Seifer and Squall are brothers

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Serapy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin
    Did you miss Iceglow's post? Your so-called evidence was demolished at the beginning of this thread.
    Uh-huh. Did the game explictly state "LULZ SEIFER AND SQUALL ARE NOT BROTHERS" ? Nope. And plus, his post was mostly assumptions as well. If his assumptions make more sense than mine, then it doesn't mean swat.

To disprove something fully, you have to use hardcore evidence.
    This is a video game we're talking about. I shouldn't have to point this out, but video games aren't like real life. FF8 lasts about 20-30 hours, in which time an entire world is introduced, experienced and left behind. If you want to think about the game to this level of detail, you'll have to accept that assumptions will have to be made about it. You simply don't know enough about the FF8 world and its inhabitants to be able to find all the answers to every single question that could possibly be raised by a theory.

Though If I could boot up my FF8 game and walk Squall down to child protection services and ask the NPC receptionist for his and Seifer's adoption papers with their real parents names on them, I would.

edit: orphanages don't actually 'adopt' children, do they? xD

The presentation of a movie usually lasts 1.30 hour. Realistically, it lasts way more than that. This presentation only shows you the important stuff, not everything. Sooo... just 'cause this presentation didn't show everything, it doesn't mean these things don't exist.

Blog Entries

Fixed.

"To prove something fully, you have to use hardcore evidence."

You have failed to present any reasonable evidence for your claim that couldn't be completely refuted. Try making up a theory that can actually stand against an iota of criticism.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Clo View Post
    Fixed.
    I already have, buddy. The points I have listed actually happened in the game and thus considered as evidence. You're confusing evidence with logic.

"To prove something fully, you have to use hardcore evidence."

You have failed to present any reasonable evidence for your claim that couldn't be completely refuted. Try making up a theory that can actually stand against an iota of criticism.
    Read the thread again. I didn't have to prove mine any further because like what I've said before, this was never intended to be a valid theory. However, if you're taking this thread very strictly and seriously, then you have to undergo the utmost duty of disproving the whole idea both completely and fully.

Also, in comparison to the world of VIII, what couldn't be more "reasonable"? VIII is a fictional world, nothing is more or less reasonable in it.

Blog Entries

Sooo... just 'cause this presentation didn't show everything, it doesn't mean these things don't exist.
    It doesn't mean it does exist, either.

And since you're the one making the theories here, the onus of providing proof falls to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo-Nercy View Post
    Sooo... just 'cause this presentation didn't show everything, it doesn't mean these things don't exist.
    It doesn't mean it does exist, either.
    Then there's nothing wrong with curiosity.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo-Nercy
    And since you're the one making the theories here, the onus of providing proof falls to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serapy
    Read the thread again. I said I didn't have to prove mine any further because this was never intended to be a valid theory. However, if you're taking this thread very strictly and seriously, then you have to undergo the utmost duty of disproving the whole idea both completely and fully.

Blog Entries

Then why bother even bringing it up? If you're not going to defend anyone's criticisms of your "evidence", then that doesn't even make a conversation. It makes a point, a counterpoint, and then you failing to make another point.

So we wind up here.

You destroy your own thread.

If anyone is brothers, Serapy, it's Zell and Seifer. They have a typical sibling quarrel and both have blonde hair.
    And they both have the same taste in men (Squall).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin' View Post
    If anyone is brothers, Serapy, it's Zell and Seifer. They have a typical sibling quarrel and both have blonde hair.
    And they both have the same taste in men (Squall).
    Actually, that does sound much more believable. Now THIS is interesting.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Basically we can assume since the onus is not on us proving this but on him disproving this:

Serapy made his thread, I tore his argument to pieces as Raistlin pointed out. Yes I did make assumptions but my assumptions were far more logical than the assumptions Serapy made, It's also true I pointed out the stupidity of your argument Serapy, though I've not outright called you stupid in this thread. Everyone else pointed out how silly a theory this was and how he didn't have evidence to prove his point. Serapy then tries to back track on it saying the theory was never intended to be valid and attempts to argue that we're all idiots for having believed his theory to be a serious attempt at all.

And since the onus is on you to disprove the above paragraph completely which you can't because face it my theory is far more believable and perceivable than your defense could manage to be...Serapy enjoy!

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think the point of this thread is to have you people respond to it, the rest doesn't really matters!

Then why bother even bringing it up? If you're not going to defend anyone's criticisms of your "evidence", then that doesn't even make a conversation. It makes a point, a counterpoint, and then you failing to make another point.
    You didn't read the thread...

Let me quote Vyk:

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk
    Clogging the forum with crackpot theories at least keeps it alive and instigates discussion
    And I agreed with that by replying back to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Clo
    You destroy your own thread.
    In your dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Clo
    Actually, that does sound much more believable. Now THIS is interesting.
    Taking a thing not seriously doesn't make it interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by IceGlow
    Basically we can assume since the onus is not on us proving this but on him disproving this:
    No, because you didn't show any evidence in the game that states "Seifer and Squall are not brothers". So, why should I agrue back? You expressed your view of point in your first post, so agruing with a different view of point is pointless.

Serapy made his thread, I tore his argument to pieces as Raistlin pointed out.
    Not really. Just because you're expressing a different opinion, whether it's logical or not, it doesn't mean my opinion is torn apart. And it's funny how you think that mentioning Raistlin will make your agruement more valid.

Quote Originally Posted by '.ayGlow
    Yes I did make assumptions but my assumptions were far more logical than the assumptions Serapy made
    Over exaggeration, again. Over exaggerating yourself doesn't change anything. In fact, it gives you less credibility. Moaning that I'm wrong because you think you're right.

It's also true I pointed out the stupidity of your argument Serapy, though I've not outright called you stupid.
    Oh, really...?

Everyone else pointed out how silly a theory this was and how he didn't have evidence to prove his point. Serapy then tries to back track on it saying the theory was never intended to be valid and attempts to argue that we're all idiots for having believed his theory to be a serious attempt at all.
    It's not my fault that you fell for it.
    Seifer and Squall being brothers, seriously?

And since the onus is on you to disprove the above paragraph completely which you can't because face it
    I already have. It's in my first post. And you didn't disprove it because you didn't state any evidence that says "Seifer and Squall are not brothers" within the game.

my theory is far more believable and perceivable than your defense could manage to be...Serapy enjoy!
    Oh, really? Then why did you give up arguing with me in the other threads?

Blog Entries

Because it's a complete waste of time, because not a single response of yours makes sense. I'm out of these threads forever. Peace!

Because it's a complete waste of time, because not a single response of yours makes sense. I'm out of these threads forever. Peace!
    That post has nothing to do with you, but anyways, of course it's a waste of time if you didn't read all of my posts in this thread and then quote me.

Every single of my posts (over 1,000 posts of mine belong to this VIII section) doesn't make sense? What's up with people, including you, and thier overexaggerated statements?

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Because it's a complete waste of time, because not a single response of yours makes sense.
    Ok I trimmed her response for my own purposes but Serapy you wanted an answer why I give up on you it's this. You don't make sense. Now you provided no evidence from the game to support your claim Seifer and Squall we're brothers and yet claim my theory about you making this thread which has far more viability since everyone reaing it can read your responses and posts. Needs me to provide evidence...I will provide evidence as soon as you do mate until then peace and enjoy your sad little troll moments alone.