Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Seifer and Squall are brothers

You gave up arguing with me just because I didn't make sense? Explain. Otherwise, you're just using excuses to prove your point.

I've already had provided evidence. The points in my first post actually happened in the game. The only difference is that I connected these dots (hints).

There's no hardcore evidence that the game explictly states "Seifer and Squall are brothers". The same goes for the opposite. You won't find it,
    either.

I'm not actually trolling. You are. How? You always over exaggerate your statements.

Do You Like Waffles? DarkBahamut's Avatar

You're not trolling. You're just wrong. You don't have actual GOOD facts to support yourself.

Just because they both gave scars to themselves at the start of the game, doesn't mean they're brothers.

No time for "Dilly-Dallying" or "Shilly-Shallying."
    Props go to the one and only, Proxy, for the signature.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBahamut View Post
    You're not trolling. You're just wrong. You don't have actual GOOD facts to support yourself.

Just because they both gave scars to themselves at the start of the game, doesn't mean they're brothers.
    I'm wrong because I have a different opinion? Lol, what. These are good hints. So, why don't you give me good hints that they are not brothers? Go on.

And disprove that the scars made them brothers. The game only shows you that they get these scars and that's it... So "doesn't mean they are brothers" doesn't work here.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Serapy View Post
    I've already had provided evidence. The points in my first post actually happened in the game. The only difference is that I connected these dots (hints).
    This...

There's no hardcore evidence that the game explictly states "Seifer and Squall are brothers". The same goes for the opposite. You won't find it,
    either.
    contradicts this.

How can you claim that you provided evidence and then say there's no (hardcore) evidence "that the game explicitly states 'Seifer and Squall are brothers'"? Evidence is irrefutable proof. I know you understand this as you've just said that there is no evidence but you still claim that your theory is evidence.

When I think of evidence I think of something that holds up in court. So let's pretend we're in a courtroom. You claim that Seifer and Squall are brothers and both have been summoned to court to defend themselves.

Exhibit A: Both are gundlade users.

Exhibit B: Both have facial scars.

Neither of those two examples are going to convince a jury that they're brothers. That's like saying a person who wears the same size shoe as me is my brother. And concerning the facial scars, that has nothing to do with DNA. Hair color is a result of DNA; eye color is a result of DNA; having your father's chin and your mother's dimples is a result of DNA. Scars are not genetic, and you witness at the beginning of the game how they received their scars.

Exhibit C: Same taste in women.

Exhibit D: Similar facial feature but Seifer could have dyed his hair.

Again, having the same taste in women is not a result of DNA. I'm sure a good majority of the men on this forum have the same taste in women as I do. Women aren't bugs, there aren't thousands of different species of women to running around so it's not very strange that there should be two people interested in the same woman.

And the facial features aren't surprising. It's a game, the same person made all their models. I'm a writer and I find it tough to not be monotonous in describing the way a person looks much less envisioning it. And Seifer dying his hair is a huge stretch. You're giving a character created by someone else more background information than needed.

I don't want to address your other points because, quite frankly, I don't understand most of the sentences you decided to smash together.

I'll bring up my own understanding of the game though. Seifer and Squall are rivals. They hate each other because they have so much in common, it makes for an interesting gaming experience. It's like Cloud and Sephiroth, they are exactly the same but strive towards different goals. Another good example to use would be the rivalry between Drizzt Do'Urden and Artemis Entreri. They are actually the complete opposite but in a way exactly the same. I won't get into that as this is an VIII thread and not a Forgotten Realms thread, but my point is it's just supposed to be good story telling.

I'm inclined to believe that if something is not directly mentioned then it is not so. Hints are another thing entirely. If it were hinted at then I might entertain the notion, but it wasn't. Your "hints" as you call them are just a result of reading too much into this.

Blog Entries

there was a picture here

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian XIII View Post
    This...

either.
    contradicts this.
    There's a difference between evidence and "hardcore" evidence.

The points I listed in my first post have actually had happened in the game. These are evidence (Squall's scar is evidence, etc.) I connect all these dots to draw a conclusion that Squall and Seifer are brothers.

But there's no hardcore evidence that supports the whole thing, because the game never stated "Seifer and Squall are brothers." in a dialogue or something. The same goes for the opposite. The term hardcore is used for emphasis. Hardcore evidence... is something that's a lot more powerful than a hint (hint such as image, non-dialogue or whatever) So, I'm not contradicting anything...

Zell donīt show love interest on Quistis but on a girl with a pigtail(like Quistis).
    Quistis in two rare occasions show love on Zell.
    But she is an intelligent instructor and he is an irrational and inpulsive student.
    Because of this she donīt figure her love.
    They are in love on the subconscious but donīt perceive it due to various circumstances.
    Quistis donīt love Squall.She "loves" Zellīs father.

Seiferīs romantic dream has nothing to do with Rinoa.
    Seifer will not be closer to Rinoa just because he is the Sorceress Knight.
    He will be closer to Edea.
    If that is not obvious to you I donīt know.

But Edea probably donīt love Seifer.
    She loves Laguna.

Despite Irvine being a ladies man he interacts with Selphie more than the others.
    How do I know he will marry Selphie?

If you recall Squall donīt remember Irvine at the orphanage.
    Did you ever wonder why?
    Because on the other timeline Irvine meets Selphie when they are grown up and Squall is old and die before that.
    So he never meets Irvine.
    At the orphanage their bonds are the result of their subconscious memory of the other timeline.
    As grown ups they only remember those with which they had a bond.
    Last edited by Future Esthar; 07-20-2010 at 11:14 PM.
    Flo:Honey,the clock is late.Go out fix it.
    Mayor Dobe:What hours is it?
    Flo: 15:30
    Mayor Dobe:Hey do you wanna to send the Estharians to Centra or what?
    Flo:Ok,let it be on 3:45

Images removed for being utterly colossal. Please use images that conform to the size limit.

Regards,
    Big D

You belong in fanfiction FE!
    No but in all seriousness...No, just no.

My thread was edited.
    I gave some evidence there.

I think my explanation of Seiferīs romantic dream was obvious.

Images removed for being utterly colossal. Please use images that conform to the size limit.

Regards,
    Big D

Sefiers dream was to be a sorceresses knight, he only found out that Rinoa was a sorceress on the end of disc two, when Ulti posses her and tells seifer to dig some big thing up. Then i'm lost after that... can you explain it again :bigsmile:

It was a ROMANTIC dream.
    This must mean something.

Regards,
    Big D

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian XIII View Post
    This...

either.
    contradicts this.
    There's a difference between evidence and "hardcore" evidence.
    The only difference is that you've added the word 'hardcore'. Evidence is already a pretty strong word, there are no varying degrees of evidence. Let me make an example; I'm a hardcore human being. There are normal human beings, yes, but I'm a hardcore human being. Does that make any sense to you? Evidence is evidence just as humans are humans, adding the word hardcore does not make it any more extreme.

The points I listed in my first post have actually had happened in the game. These are evidence (Squall's scar is evidence, etc.) I connect all these dots to draw a conclusion that Squall and Seifer are brothers.
    You're right, a lot of it did it did happen in the game. No one's saying it didn't. But you've gone above and beyond what we all saw. Seifer dying his hair? Really? How could you have come to that conclusion? I realize it's to strengthen your theory but you can't make something like that up. You've accused a good amount of people in this thread for "over exaggerating" but this is a prime example of over exaggeration.

Also, Future Esthar what is the point of your posts in this thread? As far as I can tell you're fighting theory with theory and your drawing attention away from Serapy's topic. I would think you'd be more successful in making your point and keeping this conversation/debate less confusing by making your own thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Future Esthar View Post
    It was a ROMANTIC dream.
    His loins were frothing. FROTHING!

Sky Blue Sky Recognized Member Trumpet Thief's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

LOL, Future Esthar I love you haha

Quote Originally Posted by Future Esthar View Post
    It was a ROMANTIC dream.
    Maybe he just had a thing for sorceresses :love: