Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of LeBRon going to Miami??

Default What do you think of LeBRon going to Miami??

he has the right to play for whoever he wants but the way he handled it all was absolutely disguisting and did you see the way the ceremony the heat just had with wade, bosh and LBJ? LeBRon was taking obvious shots at cleveland, his hometown which gave him everything.

im ashamed to be an NBA fan right. i hope Lebron never wins a championship

and this is coming from a pacers fan

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I have no problem with LeBron going to Miami and teaming with Bosh and Wade. Hell taking a pay cut to win is a somewhat admirable quality. LeBron announcing he'll have an hour special on his decision, and ESPN stroking his ego enough to give it to him, is gut-wrenching. He's player, he's not the entire NBA for god's sake.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

LeBron's announcement was no less than what anyone would have expected. It was a big deal whether he wanted to try and maintain pretenses to the contrary or not.

The reaction from Cleveland fans and the Cavalier's ownership, I find, is more disgusting than the manner in which LeBron's decision was announced. The owner's letter, especially, is one of the most disgusting and classless acts I've ever witnessed in sports. The Cav ownership, at least, is less concerned with the so-called "betrayal" and more concerned with the $150 million in annual merchandise revenues and the $3 billion he generated for the city itself and the consequences of putting all their money and effort into keeping LeBron so that now they're left without other options.

LeBron gave Cleveland seven years, and as far as I'm concerned, he's a smurfing saint for it. Why should LeBron stay in Cleveland and keep losing year after year? No matter how good he is, he can't carry a mediocre team on his back. Cleveland's best move to get him some support was bringing in a well-past-his-prime Shaq. It was a damned joke. LeBron deserves a chance to win, if that's what he wants. Alongside Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh, he has a chance to do that. Hell, you can't even say the move was about money. LeBron and Wade have both agreed to have lower salaries than Bosh because they know they make more than he does in endorsement deals. These guys don't care about money; they care about winning. LeBron saw an opportunity to join what will in all likelihood be one of the most dominant dynasties in NBA history. Should he turn that down so he can keep losing in Cleveland just to make everyone else happy?

People are selfish. Give the man a chance to win. He deserves it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yeah, the spectacle he made out of it was absolutely shocking. I think that it's his own business where he wants to play, and how far he wants to go to win a championship (the fact that he left so much money on the table to play for heat is a good indication of that), but he could have handled the whole thing with MUCH more tact.

I think that it's a shame Gilbert reacted the way he did, with the petulant show LBJ put on the cavs as an organization had a perfect opportunity to rise above it, but he stooped to a lower level, and I think that kind of marks how basketball is going to go down in Ohio for some time.

I was never a fan of Dwayne Wade, Bosh I've never minded too much (the fact that he played for Toronto meant I didn't have to pay him much mind), and the respect that I had just started to gain for LeBron as a team leader and talented player are now more or less overshadowed by the way he conducted himself, and he's proven himself to be far less of a classy player than Kobe. So, as a celtics fan I'm going to be desperately hoping that we can muster up one more year to keep the heat from even getting to the finals.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I don't give a crap about the move. I don't care about the NBA.

The media circus created around this to milk attention and ratings was pathetic, though. He didn't do anything else wrong, but the very idea of that hour-long special devoted to his decision's unveiling was disgusting. I agree with with this article (NSFW language).

Banned

Welp, there goes Cleveland's last source of economic stimulus.

Ohio will soon have it's own Detroit.

Do You Like Waffles? DarkBahamut's Avatar

Won't work out. It's cool that they're all on the same team, but it takes a few months, if not years, to influence a vibe in the team and start blasting off. They will not play so good, as the NBA is a game of teamwork and they need to first make a team rather just rallying up great players. But, 2011 will be all LA again

No time for "Dilly-Dallying" or "Shilly-Shallying."
    Props go to the one and only, Proxy, for the signature.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

LeBron gets embarassed in the playoffs by Boston, and then teams up with his buddies to make a super team in order to try to win a championship. Seems weak to me.

Pretty much agreed with DarkBahamut. Does matter who the smurf Miami signs, Kobe will 3Peat again.

Another prima donna whose paycheck is higher than it ought to be in a sport filled with other prima donnas who get paid far more than they are worth.

Basketball is the worst sport.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Your mother's the worst sport! T_T

Do You Like Waffles? DarkBahamut's Avatar

Kobe has the highest salary in the NBA now

DUH TWENTY NINE MIRRRRRRION DOUGHLAR EVERY CHINESE NUU YEAR!

No time for "Dilly-Dallying" or "Shilly-Shallying."
    Props go to the one and only, Proxy, for the signature.

Back from the Abyss ValkyrieWing's Avatar

It's times like this I wish I didn't live in Ohio.
    ~Ye must desire respite from thy empty existence. Thou shalt have it.~

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The spectacle surrounding the decison including the one hour special was just plain sad. Lebron is an egotistical maniac for agreeing to that. As for the decision itself, I think it would have been the same one I made. Who wants to stay in Cleveland all their life? This new Miami team looks like it will be a lot of fun to watch, and that's the whole point of the sport.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Basketball is the worst sport.
    This.

From what I've seen, though, I think the fan's reactions are disappointing.