Thread: Primer

Default Primer

So apparently this is a pretty old movie. Someone made a rage comic on reddit about Memento and then this movie was mentioned in the comments. I liked Memento a good deal and thought I'd like this.

About halfway through the movie made my eyebrows contort until the end. It literally boggles the mind. It left a very odd feeling and was very disconnecting. I checked out some time-lines of it which help a little, but still leave one perplexed.

I may give it another viewing later to try to get a better grasp. I really liked it. It was very fresh... which I can scarcely say about any films.

Anyone have thoughts on this film or any suggestions of others that are aimed a bit above the mainstream?

Not coming back. BarelySeeAtAll's Avatar

Not seen this film but I have to admit I liked Memento my family thought it was $hite, but they probably just don't like things they don't understand.

I am not a man

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Primer is fantastic.

Unfortunately, it may take watching it several times to understand everything that's going on.

(SPOILER)Quote from here: They didn't kill their doubles, they just drugged them. That's why they're seen emerging at the end of the movie. They're the ones Abe is staying behind to watch over.

That's probably the simplest explanation I've been able to find.
    Attached Images Attached Images