Thread: Stat maxing

Default Stat maxing

Hello. I wanna beat Penance and even though I know that it's hardly necessary, I wanna max my HP to the fullest. I also know that it's not possible to have 99.999 HP, 999 MP and all stats at 255. So I heard that if I max my luck, I don't need ANY accuracy and just about 40 evasion to hit everything and dodge everything and also that I need just 170 agi because more agi doesn't give me any faster turns. Are these truth? Thank you alot.

Most people fight Penance with around 45,000 H.P. Any more isn't necessary at all.

Don't have more than 999 M.P. Break M.P. Limit's not worth it.

Getting luck and fortune spheres is the most time-consuming task in the game. One fight with Earth Eater and Greater Sphere will only net you an eight point luck increase (2 spheres x 4-point increase for every activated sphere = eight) and that's only if you get overkill on both and if they don't screw you over by giving you dark matters instead.

It's far easier to just go for the agility and evasion (I don't even know if his attacks can be avoided in the first place), and the same goes for accuracy (I don't know about his evasion either). The arena fiends that you have to fight to get those spheres are much easier to take down and far less pains in the ass than Earth Eater or, especially, Greater Sphere.

*I have the the NA version of the game so I've never even gotten the chance to fight Penance or the Dark Aeons. This is all just stuff I've seen in YouTube videos and from my own personal experience playing the game. Also, don't you have to beat the Dark Aeons before you can fight Penance? Because if you've already beaten them (especially Dark Bahamut), then you should be more or less prepared for Penance. Only a little preparation and stat boosting should be necessary...

Well I know that it's possible to beat Penance even without BHPL but I just want to have 99.999 HP. I also didn't said a word about getting 9999 MP. And I am sorry for being kinda rude especially cause you just wanted to help me, but your post didn't really answer any of my questions :/

No, it's fine. Guess I just misread about the M.P. part.

But there's only so much room on the sphere grid. If you want 99,999 H.P., then you're probably not going to have enough room left over for your desired amount of increase in the luck stat. I'm not really clear on this: do you want 99,999 H.P. for just the battle, or do you want 99,999 H.P. overall? Because there are far easier ways of attaining that much H.P. in a battle (Rikku's Mix).

Concerning the thing that I said earlier about your luck in relation to your accuracy, evasion, and agility, I think the thing about having 170 agility is true, but mine is 255 on all my characters just because I wanna make sure that I'm getting the most speed I can. But it all comes down to which stat you want to raise. You can spend an exhorbitant and unnecessary amount of time raising your luck and H.P., or you can have it go faster by having half as much H.P. overall (but still being able to use Mix to get 99,999 H.P. during the battle with Penance itself).

If you're using the Standard Grid you can have 99,999 HP, 999 MP, 255 Str/Def/Mag/MDef/Luck, 170 Agi, and >30 Eva. You don't need any Accuracy but you will have some spare.

If you're using the Expert Grid you will have the same stats but only 98,400 HP and none spare to use on Accuracy.

Well I wanted 99 999 HP overall but I will probably satisfy with having 50k HP and using items that doubles maxHP as it will be that much more easier. Well next question I have in my mind... Is cheer and other boosts like that dispelable or I don't have to recast them unless I die?

The effects of Cheer et al. will persist unless the character is KO'd, swallowed by fiend (like a Sand Worm), shattered or ejected from battle.

Awesome. Thanks.