Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by DK View Post
    Oh dear God yes
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    Christ Hughton

there was a picture here

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    Now watch in awe as the Liverpool fans who were baying for the blood of Benitez (alliteration bonus!) six months ago are queuing up (on /sp/ anyway) to have him back!
    I was really hoping that this was true: Rafa Benitez's Inter Milan 'sacking' to clear way for Blackburn manager talks | Metro.co.uk

Benitez being sacked is hilarious though. I think Liverpool would be making a mistake to get rid of Hodgson though, certainly if they were to do so in favour of Benitez. I always felt Liverpool could have done better with someone other than Benitez as their manager and I think, given that there's belt tightening being done at Liverpool right now, Hodgson is the right, safe-pair-of-hands choice for them.

Also what the hell Everton. We can beat Liverpool and Man City and draw with United and Chelsea, yet we can't beat Birmingham, Wigan or Blackpool and got beaten 4-1 by West Brom. What the eff.

Edit: Also, as bad as I feel for Chris Hughton, I'm still slightly glad that Newcastle can provide as much hilarity manager-wise as ever. Here's hoping King Kev comes back next season.
    I know, it is pretty funny but also pretty sad that Newcastle is once again a laughing stock of English football but not because the fans are calling for the axe on any manager who isn't King Kev or Shearer this time, Hughton was well respected amongst fans and players alike. This is because Mike Ashley has been scheming something, I think personally he had this planned out for a while.

As sad as it is, if Alan Pardew can deliver as he promises, its not ALL bad.

Oh and Liverpool? I really do hope they get sorted as well.

Also, i'm liking how unpredictable the league is getting, the top 4 clubs are no longer the untouchable force they were 2-3 seasons ago and that's good. Obviously Man U are dominating everything as normal, Arsenal and Chelsea think they have the god given right to beat them (hasn't it always been that way though?) and well, I don't even think there's a big 4 at all anymore if I think about it.

LET THE HAMMER FALL

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Man Utd are dominating everything? That must explain the one away win all season so far. I don't think anybody is dominating anything, Arsenal will most likely have lost six games by Tuesday and they'll still be near 2nd/3rd place, which sums things up somewhat at the moment.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Last night I had a horrible dream, and when I woke up, I realised it actually had a very real chance of coming true:

Sam Allardyce. Liverpool Manager.

oh my god help. HELP. Somebody please! This cannot be allowed to happen oh god oh god why

Blog Entries

If we go into the new year in the top 4, I think we can finally end the season in the playoffs after our inevitable losing streak at the end of the season. I WANT TO BELIEVE

there was a picture here

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Last night I had a horrible dream, and when I woke up, I realised it actually had a very real chance of coming true:

Sam Allardyce. Liverpool Manager.

oh my god help. HELP. Somebody please! This cannot be allowed to happen oh god oh god why
    Been there, done that. =( he is the dark side of the force.

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Just posting here in preperation for the draw tomorrow (today).

*Ready for commentators to pick up on Rooney's one touch of the ball and not mention anything else.*

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Hodsgon finally goes and Daglish is made caretaker manager for the rest of the season. In other news, Arsene Wenger and David Moyes are to be replaced with immediate effect by George Graham and Howard Kendall respectively.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post
    In other news, Arsene Wenger and David Moyes are to be replaced with immediate effect by George Graham and Howard Kendall respectively.
    I would actually violently orgasm if either one of these things happened. Can't stand either Wenger or Moyes!

I'm pleased. Not because of Dalglish coming in - I don't know if he's the messiah that many Liverpool fans seem to believe he will be - but because Hodgson is gone. He was utterly out of his depth in more ways than one, and was bad for the club. Nice fella, but sorry Roy, not up to standard.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Hodsgon is gone? I suppose its no real surprise. But I believe at the time he was a worthy candidate to take over Liverpool. We'll see if Dalglish can do a decent job.

Str8 Pimpin'

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post
    In other news, Arsene Wenger and David Moyes are to be replaced with immediate effect by George Graham and Howard Kendall respectively.
    I would actually violently orgasm if either one of these things happened. Can't stand either Wenger or Moyes!

I'm pleased. Not because of Dalglish coming in - I don't know if he's the messiah that many Liverpool fans seem to believe he will be - but because Hodgson is gone. He was utterly out of his depth in more ways than one, and was bad for the club. Nice fella, but sorry Roy, not up to standard.
    Pffft. You guys should totally give Souness another chance, I mean wow he has some of the greatest minds in football like ever. ;P

Sucks to be Hodgson, I like how he was a complete and utter useless tool. But aye aye serious business... You reckon Dalglish can get Liverpool back on track?

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Articles

I don't think Dalglish is the man for the future, but he's certainly the man to hold the fort until the end of the season.

Kenny Dalglish isn't the long-term solution. But he understands Liverpool | Scott Murray | Football | guardian.co.uk

This article is really good and I agree with it entirely.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Ya sounds cool but in the long term, after Dalglish though I wonder who'll end up in the seat. :O
    I just hope you guys don't fall into the same vicious cycle as Newcastle, sacking a manager everytime something looks bleak is definitely not a good thing.

LET THE HAMMER FALL