Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151620 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010/2011 UK Football Season Thread

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I think this whole drama is a farce staged by Rooney and his agent to get United to pay him more. I don't think he'll leave.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Yeah, that thought has crossed my mind, too. Sort of like United are calling his bluff, here, though. But then, apparently the numbers weren't even discussed at all, so it's hard to say. I wonder how true that part is. It seems that two words being whispered here and there are "image rights".
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

I can't see Real making a move to sign him. They've already got strikers coming out of their ears. Barca maybe. If he moves to City he would have successfully trolled the entire footballing world. If it is indeed just a bluff, he couldn't have picked a worse time, what with him being in terrible form and Berbatov finally becoming a competent goalscorer.

there was a picture here

Articles

I dunno, I see it the other way around. Real and their president are hardly famed for their prudence in the transfer market, and I don't really think Barca would be remotely interested. City, of course, would love him. I think if anyone, Chelsea might be the ones he would go to. Track record of success in recent times, and Drogba and Anelka are both in their 30's now, so I am sure they are thinking of long-term replacements.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Oh Spurs, you do amuse!
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I dunno, I see it the other way around. Real and their president are hardly famed for their prudence in the transfer market, and I don't really think Barca would be remotely interested. City, of course, would love him. I think if anyone, Chelsea might be the ones he would go to. Track record of success in recent times, and Drogba and Anelka are both in their 30's now, so I am sure they are thinking of long-term replacements.
    Yeah that actually makes a lot of sense. Mind you even if he decides not to go to City and to some other Premier League team he'll be booed by United fans until he hangs up his boots.

Str8 Pimpin'

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

He insisted that he has always respected the club. As far as I'm concerned, we'll see how much he respects the club when he makes it known where he wants to go. If he says anything along the lines of "I want to go to City", he doesn't respect the club.

My favourite comment on various forums so far regarding how he's dissappointed about not sharing his ambitions: "Fine, fine, we'll do it. We'll match your ambitions. We're turning Old Trafford into a brothel, hiring you a "granny nanny", putting up more cigarette vending machines and will begin publically and blatantly showing disdain for our fans in 5, 4, 3..."

Articles

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    He insisted that he has always respected the club. As far as I'm concerned, we'll see how much he respects the club when he makes it known where he wants to go. If he says anything along the lines of "I want to go to City", he doesn't respect the club.

My favourite comment on various forums so far regarding how he's dissappointed about not sharing his ambitions: "Fine, fine, we'll do it. We'll match your ambitions. We're turning Old Trafford into a brothel, hiring you a "granny nanny", putting up more cigarette vending machines and will begin publically and blatantly showing disdain for our fans in 5, 4, 3..."
    lol, I love it. I agree too.

Str8 Pimpin'

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Best banners, love how quickly they managed to get it made up as well.

Also no he can smurf right off to Spain, we don't want him.

Articles

FFXIV Character

^ lol

Did anyone see Ian Holloways rant on Rooney? It's smurfing brilliant!

YouTube - Ian Holloway's outburst on Wayne Rooney

Str8 Pimpin'

Articles

What a monster.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Wow! Rooney agrees new five year deal to keep him at Old Trafford until summer 2015. I'm happy, but he has a lot of explaining to do! If this was a stunt just to get more money then he deserves a hiding for the turmoil he's put his club & fans through.

Str8 Pimpin'

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

If it was a stunt just to get more money, if anything, it backfired miserably by United calling his bluff, and perhaps since then he's conceded defeat as he never striked me as the kind of person who wanted to go overseas nor anywhere but Everton (and only then if they could afford his wages, obviously). Still, not the best way to go about things by any means and his agent starting to show that he's not as up to snuff as he'd hope to be. Interesting that Rooney supposedly spoke to the owners. Either that means they had to assure him that there would be some spending going on in the next two transfer windows or alternatively he had to make a pretty big apology to them. The only other alternative is that he just said he spoke to the owners to get them some good publicity, although I doubt it worked, short of them paying off the debt with their own money I'm not sure what they can do to really garner favour with the fans.

Anyway. Will be interesting to see what reception he gets. I imagine they'll cheer his goals when he scores them and will get behind him completely by the start of next season unless he makes another issue come up. But yes, in time, wounds will heal and he'll get on with things. I expect a mix of boos and cheers when his name is next announced, and when we're at Liverpool I imagine that the "Steve Gerrard, Gerrard" song (badge on his chest / transfer request) will be met with a "Wayne Rooney, Rooney" variation being thrown right back.

Articles

Tangent: I would honestly disown Steven Gerrard if he kissed the badge. Flirt with Chelsea, that's one thing, but kissing the badge? It's absolutely the ponciest thing to do in football. I mean honestly, the smurf is that ?

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Kissing the badge is always nauseating to see, especially as anyone who does it usually winds up screwing their team over later on anyway.

As for this Rooney business, hilariously grubby affair. I'd laugh more but it's Man City this weekend and I'm dreading it (though with Fabregas back it boosts our chances)

It could well be curtains for Portsmouth, I feel terrible for their fans.
    Last edited by charliepanayi; 10-22-2010 at 09:27 PM.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"