Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 489101112131415161718192024 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010/2011 UK Football Season Thread

Blog Entries

Kenny Dalglish confirmed for running Liverpool until the first sign of a problem then jumping ship

there was a picture here

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Stevenage and Reading doing what we failed miserably to do earlier this season. Hooray!
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

Newcastle, Sunderland and Middlesbrough played like absolute bollocks and got their arses handed to them by better teams. =\

Newcastle + longball tactics = disaster, doesn't help half the midfield, Routledge and Smith... Useless this evening D: and the wonder boy against West Ham, Best, barely get the chance to do anything, Nile Ranger never got anything and the only thing I think was a blatantly stupid decision against us? Tiote's sending off.

Apart from that, rant over, we sucked, we lost, we got absolutely owned by a pub team. Now I just hope we beat Sunderland... >_< the pain will be over soon... ladedadadadadedaaaa

LET THE HAMMER FALL

*runs to the bookies to place bets on the following*

Arsenal to lose to Leeds
    Arsenal to go out to Ipswich
    Liverpool to get relegated

Blog Entries

Posting to acknowledge the recent /sp/ thread calling Dalglish the 'worst caretaker since Ian Huntley' :manus:

there was a picture here

Funny to read the most recent posts and now Liverpool is back on the up and up... sort of.

Getting Suarez was a solid move, but now it looks like Torres wants away.

I have mixed feelings on this. I get that in this day and age, most footballers are mercenaries but I thought Torres would be more loyal than this. He didn't ask to go to Man Utd, he didn't ask to go to Everton, but CHELSEA? Come on, really?

I think Torres and his people need to research their new owners a bit more. They are among the most steady in the sports world. I jumped for joy when they bought Liverpool because I knew that finally the team had real savvy business professionals who would reinvest in the team. They've started strong this transfer window and I feel that this season won't end up a total loss. 7th should be their basement now with a real push for Top 5, maybe even 4th depending on how they play the teams above them.

Chelsea on the other hand look like a team in decline. Their best players are getting old and they've have some real bad performances for a team many expected to challenge for the title. Right now there's not even a guarantee THEY'LL make Champions League football next season, which seems to be one of Torres' big decision points.

I've read that Chelsea are pushing really hard because of league changes that will rapidly be coming together involving operating with financial debt which Chelsea has a lot of, but I can't help feeling how strange this timeline really is.

Torres pledged loyalty through all the previous owners debacles, through Hodgson, and now, when the new owners put their money where their mouth is and the team looks like it might be starting to play well, he wants out?

I agree with Liverpool's stance, if Torres wants away, Chelsea should pay up. Don't let the player hold the team hostage. Make Torres finish this year and see where both teams end up. No player is bigger then a club, which is a cliche` but a true one.

Torres has been a good servant but why leave right now? He just got a new striking partner, the team is beginning to play well and the owners are showing that they will back the club. The timing makes no sense.

Should he be sold, I think Liverpool will still be in good hands because of the huge amount of money they'd now have. $40-$50 million plus whatever else the team has in its budget which if its believed is still around $25 million could easily buy another quality young striker, a desperately needed wing player and a solid central defender. I don't want Torres to leave but if he can net that amount of money, it would be worth it. Better to get the most out of him you can and cash in before he basically pulls a Mascherano and ruins the teams chemistry. I don't think Torres would do that personally but anything is possible.

It's going to be a very interesting second half of the year.

Take care all.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Excited for Suarez. The man who destroyed the BBC's Ghana wankfest

Torres: I won&#039;t join a rival - Liverpool FC

lying little

I've heard Chelsea made a £28m offer, a £35m offer, and intend to return with a higher one this week. Do it. Do it do it do it. He's been a shadow of his former self this season. I think that injury before the World Cup has had a serious effect on him, and frankly he looks like he just doesn't give a smurf anymore. Chelsea will be ripped off completely to pay that much for him. Well, maybe. If the transfer gives him a new boost of life then it'll be a good signing, but as far as LFC goes, Torres doesn't care and it shows in the quality of his play. It is a good deal for us, let's take that money and reinvest it on some quality.

EDIT: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...=feeds-newsxml I know this is Manus's favourite paper and all, but £42m and Anelka? DO IT.

Chelsea will definitely make the top four this year, no way they'll finish below Spurs.

EDIT: Andy Carroll for £35 million? Now that's comedy.
    Last edited by charliepanayi; 01-31-2011 at 03:12 PM.

Articles

Liverpool have made a second bid of £35m for the 22-year-old after their initial £30m offer was rejected by the Magpies.

WHAT

WHAT

WHAT

WHAT
    WHATR
    SAHWHAT

WHAT
    WHAT

WHAT

WHAT

WHAT

WHAT

WHAT

i am not copying and pasting this i am actually typing it in a confused rage

WHATR

WHAT WAHT TRHE smurf

WHAT

THE

LVIIGN
    smurf

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

What in the hell is going on? One minute its "HE'S NOT FOR SALE NOW PISS OFF" and now its "ooooh money" Fat cockney twat's screwed us over again it seems..

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Articles

£15m, 20m tops, I would be happy about this signing, but this takes the piss. Especially as he is injured until April or something. God damn, just wait until the Summer.

Blog Entries

Wasn't everyone ragging on Benitez for spending too much money?

Swansea are too poor to buy any players of worth so I never expected anything.

there was a picture here

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Done deal, I think its a good idea to not go outside for a few days...

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Of course, after I say how savvy Liverpool's new front office is.... they spend a crazy amount of money on an injured player.

Granted, I think Carroll fits very well with Suarez, as he's a physical presence in the air, but 35 million?!!!!! Wow.

I'd really like Liverpool to invest in some cheaper players, as opposed to overpaying for English ones over the summer. Someone like Keisuke Honda, which would really boost Liverpool's appeal in Asia, and Eljero Elia who would produce some pace on the wings. Also, shoring up the defense wouldn't hurt as they really have been exposed up the middle of late, though Martin Kelly looks like a starter for the next decade.

If/when the Torres transfer goes through, which if it doesn't, wow, Liverpool have a lot of strikers now; the sunday clash with Chelsea has moved up to true most see TV.

Take care all.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    £15m, 20m tops, I would be happy about this signing, but this takes the piss. Especially as he is injured until April or something. God damn, just wait until the Summer.
    Five games, not five months. But yeah, I agree with your valuations. Honestly, Charlie from Blackpool is a better purchase for me (which it looks like you'll be getting).

Three big signings a piece for Chelsea and Liverpool, it looks like.

Shoden: Carroll handed in a transfer request. That's the difference. Also, how crazy is it that Newcastle allegedly offered the same player to West Ham for £1m and they turned him down as they didn't rate him. This was 18 months ago. Nuts.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!