Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 515192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: 2010/2011 UK Football Season Thread

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Default I hope I'm doing this right. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    You'll never be as good as charliepanayi or Resha. Never.

JUST LIKE UNITED WILL NEVER WIN AS MANY EUROPEAN CUPS AS US HEYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Apparently Liverpool fans said something similar about "come back when you have 18" before. I think they were talking about titles, back when United won their first Premier League or something. You think we can't catch the titles? You're as dumb as your useless manager. Glory, glory Man United!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Yeah no tbf I would be very surprised if we're posting in the football thread in 2026 (it's not like we're going anywhere) and United have less CL titles than Liverpool. But until then, I'm gonna make the most of it.

Also, when you call King Kenny dumb, I assume it was meant in the same way that you meant this little gem about Roy Hodgson, a man who took us to the giddy heights of 19th:
    Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    it seems that we have to put up with the rivals having a manager that has the potential to win the PL now.
    honestly, any time I want to dispute a point of yours in this thread, I am quoting that. And posting this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aav46Lek0Rs

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Still can't see YouTube at work.

Roy Hodgson got higher with Fulham than he did with Liverpool. This clearly shows that while Roy was in charge, Liverpool's players were worse than the ones he had at Fulham. It's the only possible explanation.

Articles

It's the same squad Benitez took to 7th, though, with Hodgson's signings added in. Hodgson's signings being the very successful Konchesky, Jovanovic, Poulsen, Jones, Joe Cole and Mereiles.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Perhaps if he was given the money for better players he'd have managed. Something like £23m and £30m would have done the job, I reckon. Torres probably scored more goals with Hodgson than he did with Ancelotti, too, so clearly Hodgson is better than Ancelotti, who we all know is capable of winning the FA Cup and Premier League, which means that Hodgson would have won you at least those two trophies. Duh.

Meireles won PFA Fans' Player of the Year: 2010-11, apparently. What did Dalglish's signings win? Did they get into the Europa Cup again? Oh... no.

Articles

yeah it's not as if any of kenny dalglish's signings were any good and totally destroyed man utd or anything

ho ho ho

HO HO HO

ho

and that was only after he came on as a sub for the last ten minutes. Good ol' Andy Carroll.

Besides, Luis won far more than a PFA award. He won my heart.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

It must have felt good to finally get past Wes Brown and Chris Smalling

Articles

Well yeah, we felt like giving Vidic a break after humiliating him so many times.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Torres did, the rest of Liverpool not so much. Torres didn't seem to trouble Vidic much when we played him a few times recently, mind you - but then, he doesn't trouble many teams lately.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

This is such a redundant discussion, because the simple fact of the matter is the only football fans in any of the english league who aren't glory hunters are fans of Derby, West Ham and us. The rest of you poor, unfortunate fools will forever be chasing glory in football, hunting around and scrounging for it, but the sad fact is none of you will ever get the chance to experience the highest, most righteous and fantastic glory that was ever possible. We, by which I mean our fans, Derby fans and West Ham fans, know well that this glory has already come and gone, we have experienced it and know that there will never be a greater height that any fan can attain again in any sport.

glory glory paulo wanchope.

We have just bought David De Gea

Sir Alex confirms De Gea deal - TEAMtalk | Latest Football News, Results and Fixtures

EDIT: And smurf Wanchope he played for the bitterblues.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Yeah, happy with the signing - United obviously going for youth again. I haven't seen a game with him but apparently he's meant to be a great talent.

Str8 Pimpin'

I'm a little worried about how young he is, I always prefer older keepers, but I think with Utd coaching he'll turn out top notch. I usually trust Utd's signings, and with a position as important as this I'm sure it's right right choice.
    I'm just bummed out I'll miss the start of the season.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

I really cannot wait until tomorrow night. I think we have a good chance. I won't be going to a pub or friends house to watch it but in the comfort of my own home, I always like it better that way. Anyway, c'mon United, don't let me down!

Str8 Pimpin'

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Edge View Post
    I really cannot wait until tomorrow night. I think we have a good chance. I won't be going to a pub or friends house to watch it but in the comfort of my own home, I always like it better that way. Anyway, c'mon United, don't let me down!
    Heck yeah, I'm with you there. Just got in a few brewskis for the game. Sadly my friend who was going to come over to watch it is going away for the weekend so I'm probably gonna watch it alone.
    Just wrapped up the night watching ITV's list of previous Utd Barca matches, now I'm ready to go!