Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891323 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010/2011 UK Football Season Thread

Manchester United are definitely going to win the Premier League this season with our star signings of, um, Hernandez & Smalling. Yes, we can finally match the star power of Bendtner and Lucas.

In all seriousness, this league season could be quite tight. United are a year older (which may or may not be a good thing) but Chelsea are also a year older (which is a bad thing). That new Scouser winger from Serbia is looking good, so maybe they'll make a comeback. Spurs are still good. City are obviously a threat. Arsenal, assuming they keep hold of Fabregas, are also a year older and that Chamakh guy might be a quality signing. Although they still need defenders. Badly.

Arsenal's friendly with Chamakh starting was diabolically good. another good signing by wenger!
    Making a slow come back since 2008

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by champagne supernova View Post
    Manchester United are definitely going to win the Premier League this season with our star signings of, um, Hernandez & Smalling. Yes, we can finally match the star power of Bendtner and Lucas.
    To be fair, Hernandez does look pretty awesome so far - hopefully he'll delivery against PL teams, too.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Hernandez does look quality.

The way Wenger lines his team up is the real problem behind their defense I think. They lead a high line and are so susceptible to counter attacks, because no one really protects their back four.

To be fair, I only see United winning the PL this season. Alot went against us last season. The two fixtures against Chelsea robbed us with bad decisions, and we were missing our back four for a sizable amount of the season. Still, I don't think aging will be the demise of the Chelsea team. The likes of Lampard & Drogba only seem to get better with it.

Str8 Pimpin'

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I hope United win, but I tend to not get my hopes up. We still lack a proven dual strike force at the moment and it remains to be seen if any of our seven strikers (probably five or six once the loans are made) will gel together well enough. Likewise, it remains to be seen if the likes of Carrick or Anderson will step up to bolster our midfield when the likes of Scholes/Fletch aren't fit. I'm not sure if Scholes and Giggs will last the full season (but then they've surprised me before!), either.

I wasn't being particularly serious about Hernandez. That goal he scored against Argentina was a cracker. But I would like United to sign some proven talent and not more young talent.

I think Anderson has what it takes and hopefully Carrick wakes up this season. Hargreaves should hopefully come back some time, which will be a fantastic boost to United. The left-flank is worrying again though, as Nani doesn't play to his best there and Giggs has some serious mileage on those legs.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

To be fair to United, they have always had a policy of buying young talent and on the rare occasions proven talent is purchased (and proven is a very debatable thing - is "prolific in the Netherlands" really the same as "proven"?) then roughly half of them end up being flops. Who are our recent proven signings? Berbatov? Carrick? Hargreaves?

Obertan has, in the games I've watched, been pretty impressive on the left flank and Park isn't half bad there either, and I definitely think that if you want to start both Nani and Valencia that Nani is definitely capable of creating a goal or two in a match if he's playing to the levels he did late last season, even from the left wing. It'd be nice to get an out-and-out left winger on the left, but I don't know if there is much talent on that flank which is available and, er, "proven" there.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Edge View Post
    Alot went against us last season.
    Pff, you think you had bad luck last season?

Two words: Beach ball.

Blog Entries

I hear it once belonged to Dimitar Berbatov, where it learned its trade

there was a picture here

Blog Entries

DAT GOAL

there was a picture here

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Hernandez is a badman, I hope he does well apart from against us. just look at that gif, that is the best diving header you will ever see in your lifetime.

Blog Entries

You have to consider the fact that if it wasn't for the ball hitting his face, that would have been the most amazing miss the Premiership has ever seen.

there was a picture here

And Martin O'Neill has decided enough is enough and left. Villa are going to be a train wreck this season.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Wonder where he'll go next.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I wonder who it is that is being sold that's pushed him over the edge. Milner? Ashley Young? EMILE HESKEY TO LIVERPOOL???? (please!!!!!)

Still, glad he did this now rather than when Rafa got sacked. I sure as smurf would not want him as manager of Liverpool.