Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Top 5 movie tough guys and gals.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_of_avalon View Post
    Omg you people don't understand the character of Samwise. The reason he was able to resist the ring is because he already knew of something much more powerful than the ring; friendship, love, and loyalty. Part of the draw of the ring is the belief that the ring is the ultimate powerful force in the world.

Hell, based on that the damned thing tempted people who never even touched it (Boromir?)

Sam Gamgee is probably the baddest of asses.
    It was pretty clear that Boromir was the weakest of the fellowship when it came to willpower, this would be the main reason that the ring put some kind of focus on him when it came to using it's power. Also, before Boromir had even seen the ring, he was tempted to make use of it at the discussions they had. It was like a nuclear bomb - there would always be those who wish to wield it's power.

Certainly men were far more susceptable, as were dwarves, when it came to surrendering themselves to the powers of the rings, let alone the one ring, but hobbits were known to be able to resist it's powers for many years. I would say that if Samwise were carrying the ring for as long as Bilbo or Frodo then there is every chance he would have been 'corrupted' by it.

So yeah, pretty much what nuke just said. Tolkien does indeed sing the praises of Sam and deservedly so, but despite this I wouldn't say he was the toughest of the toughest. Also, I reckon we're best to exclude fantasy world characters because let's face it, every fantasy universe has someone who is "tougher than all others ever were", which is kind of crap. Personally I put Aragorn down as the toughest mofo out there when it comes to LotR, but maybe I'm biased towards the idea of a king that would lead his army to death. Alternatively, you could say that the eagles were pretty tough, too... and yeah, Tom Bombadil, proper legend.
    Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh Aragorn fanboy ;p

LotR's toughest of the tough is a toss up between Sam and Eowyn. Eowyn killed a freaking Witch King.

Signature by rubah. I think.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Breine View Post
    Foxy Brown
    Oh crap, how could I forget about her? Well in that case, should add Shaft to the list too!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Now Éowyn, yeah, she was pretty badass. I'll definitely give you that.

I'm a Strider fanboy, yeah, but only from the books. While Viggo was awesome and all, I liked my imagining of the guy better. But Glorfindel was the coolest. For some reason. Okay, I'll stop getting sidetracked in the thread now ;_;
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    smurf you guys, Tom Bombadil is the .
    Hell yeah! To be as old as he is and snatch up a tasty morsel such as Goldberry is badass in itself. Truly he is an inspiration to us all.

Aragorn is pretty badass, yeah, but it's pretty smurfing easy to be a badass when you're, y'know, not in Mordor and the worst thing you've had to deal with is the choice of "Do I want the brunette or the blonde?"

Anyways, here's my picks.

Riddick - Short for Riddickulously Awesome. I can't really take Vin Diesel seriously with his strange half manly-man half sissy voice, or the fact that his tough guy role is a bit over the top at times, but Riddick is badass in it's purest form.

James Bond - For me it'd be when played by Sean Connery or Daniel Craig. Brosnan blew. I mean he got the job done, but I can't get Mrs. Doubtfire out of my mind when watching him.

Frank Martin - Jason Statham. Pretty much any character Statham plays is badass.

Star Wars from here on out.

Darth Vader - Played by David Prowse in body, James Earl Jones in voice, and at the very, very end when Hayden Christensen quit getting as much whine time. Before Anakin was planned out. Maybe even pre-suit Vader. Any way you slice it Vader is the ultimate Sith.

Boba Fett - Jeremy Bulloch. No lines are needed for one of the most badass mothas the galaxy has ever seen.

And a special mention to Quinlan Vos. Technically he isn't in any of the movies but he was planned to be, and he's mentioned, so it's good enough for me.

Boris the Bullet Dodger (Snatch): Dude took a car accident, getting hit head on by a car, and an entire magazine from a Desert Eagle before going down. Come on.

EDIT: How the hell could I forget Snatch's other tough guy, Mickey. Irish bare knuckle boxer with a penchant for getting the tar beat out of him before knocking out his opponent with a well-place punch? Hell yes.
    Last edited by Rase; 07-18-2010 at 12:31 AM.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Ahaha, good call.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

People who said Batman is a tough guy: This

People who said James Bond is a tough guy: This

Caution: Some profanity in the video.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    "Tough guy" and "asshole" are synonymous. Because he a "misogynist sociopath" does that make him any less of a tough guy?

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

People who said Batman is a tough guy: This
    Actually Batman has repeatedly gone up against corrupt police commissioners and also helped Superman kick Lex Luthor out of the Presidency.

Of course, that's not to mention that in a world with The Joker, industrialists look pretty small-time.

Also

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

man your new sig and av are weird.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian XIII View Post
    "Tough guy" and "asshole" are synonymous.
    Oh definitely! I just wanted an excuse to post both of those because I find them hilarious. :shiny:

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I can dig that.