Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Her Eyes Symbol?

That FMV was neither cool or entertaining, though. It was emotional. The whole point of the FMV was supposed to make you feel sad.
    Think about it. At first, you would think Squall is dying for good in that FMV and then you're all happy 'cause he's survived a few scenes later. That was what SquareSoft wanted to happen. So, if they wanted to make you feel sad, they wouldn't be showing off stuff that serves no purpose. There is no purpose in being cooll...

Blog Entries

The writers/designers at Square Enix are not Virginia Woolf and Hemingway. They're sitting there going, "Hey, should we make Edea's look like spades?" "Yeah we should that will look totally cool!"

There are other parts of the plot you CAN analyze. But not this, because this makes no sense. You need to argue concepts that make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Serapy View Post
    That FMV was neither cool or entertaining, though. It was emotional. The whole point of the FMV was supposed to make you feel sad.
    Think about it. At first, you would think Squall is dying for good in that FMV and then you're all happy 'cause he's survived a few scenes later. That was what SquareSoft wanted to happen. So, if they wanted to make you feel sad, they wouldn't be showing off stuff that serves no purpose. There is no purpose in being cooll...
    Squall got stabbed by a freakin icicle. I think that constitutes as COOL and ENTERTAINING. Sure and SAD if you're that much of a pansy. There's no purpose in being cool!? They make these FMV's to be cool because it's not like they randomly say "oh let's just make another full motion video, no problem!" It was 1998 when they made this! When they make a FMV they want it to be as entertaining as possible. Why did Edea have spades for pupils? Probably because the programmers were told she was a sorceress so make her look evil and non-humanish. And they did from her magic hair, earrings, white pale skin, FREAKIN CLAWS, and those purple veins around her eyes.

Perhaps it means that she wants to play cards. I mean everyone else seems to play Triple Triad at inappropriate moments.
    "I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron..."

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I love how Serapy uses this thread as an excuse to reveal his true identity

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Spade?

What I saw was something like a nutsack and a.....

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Spade?

I wonder what the meaning behind that would have been.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Spade?

I wonder what the meaning behind that would have been.
    That Edea has got her eyes on the prize.

Quote Originally Posted by Clo View Post
    The writers/designers at Square Enix are not Virginia Woolf and Hemingway. They're sitting there going, "Hey, should we make Edea's look like spades?" "Yeah we should that will look totally cool!"

There are other parts of the plot you CAN analyze. But not this, because this makes no sense. You need to argue concepts that make sense.
    This does make sense if you look into it hard enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceglow
    I love how Serapy uses this thread as an excuse to reveal his true identity
    Guess you've never heard of the meme...

Blog Entries

Or, y'know, you could go read some actual Woolf and Hemingway, join a book club, explore symbols in literature, take a walk in the park, volunteer at a soup kitchen, have a career, adopt a rescued cat.

You can do ANYTHING besides looking into abstract concepts that have no foundations in concrete evidence.

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Sagensyg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Serapy
    Simply put, I made this thread because I was bored.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serapy
    Simply put, I made this thread because I was bored.
    (story bro.)

Or, y'know, you could go read some actual Woolf and Hemingway, join a book club, explore symbols in literature, take a walk in the park, volunteer at a soup kitchen, have a career, adopt a rescued cat.

You can do ANYTHING besides looking into abstract concepts that have no foundations in concrete evidence.
    You're posting in a troll thread, dude.

Y'all bakers toasting in a roll bread.
    placeholder_text.jpeg

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I think the spades are a sorceress thing. Perhaps at the end it's Rinoa's eye.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    I think the spades are a sorceress thing. Perhaps at the end it's Rinoa's eye.
    I still say it's Rinoa's eye BOTH times. Also, I can't see a spade in the eye pictures, where abouts is it?

No, thanks. VIII is my hobby, and you're not supposed to change people's hobbies anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Clo
    I've already had provided evidence in this thread. That eye is evidence. That eye appearing in Squall's dream is evidence. The clowns showing up on the clock tower is evidence. Icicle breaking into Squall's body is evidence. Rinoa's helmet glass breaking is evidence, and the list goes on.

You're just saying that they aren't all evidence because they seem ridiculous to you. You must be that scared to face the truth.

It's like a homophobic thing, people know that they are gay deep inside but they deny the reality. So how do they cure this gay problem? By hating other gay people in general. They truly believe that.
    This analogy shows that you can deal with talking/thinking about crazy things privately, but you cannot approve them publicly because they are not socially accepted.

Also, do you realise that VIII is not a straightforward game, right? That it's ambiguous? That it's open to interpretation? All these prove that there's no way to get hardcore evidence that answers a question, proves or disproves a thing fully, etc.

Otherwise, stop confusing evidence with logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagensyg

Oh, the irony...

All of your posts in this thread are not constructive, relevant and helpful, thus making you a troll or spammer. Trolls and spammers use these negative attributes quite often nowadays.
    Last edited by Serapy; 07-19-2010 at 09:20 PM.

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Default troling is a arT>.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagensyg

Oh, the irony...

All of your posts in this thread are not constructive, relevant and helpful, thus making you a troll or spammer. Trolls and spammers use these negative attributes nowadays. Your choice.
    I never said I wasn't a hypocrite.

By the way, I don't think you know what trolling is. I'm not doing any of that. Spamming maybe, but the trolling is all you here brodawg.

I'm only troubled by this because if I had tried to do the same elsewhere I would (and have) get in trouble for it or at least told to stop. Especially if I admitted I was trying to make people angry (which is what trolling actually is. Take notes!) just because I was bored. Enough of that though.

As a bonus, I'll even be constructive too: In my opinion, the pupil design is there to make Edea look cool to people who are easily impressed!
    placeholder_text.jpeg