Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Her Eyes Symbol?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiserDragon
    Quote Originally Posted by MJN SEIFER View Post
    You can see the view Rinoa would have though from the angle though can't you? Edea wouldn't have been able to see Squall from that angle. (Have to double check) Also, there is a tear in the eye - Rinoa's the only one who should be crying realistically.
    its not Rinoa, look at this:

Her eyes are clearly human eyes.
    Also, the eye belongs to Edea, not Rinoa. Look at the reflection it it. It is reflecting the view out across her float, not the view looking down at Squall.
    Guys, you know that there are certain factors that can change the colour/appearance of eyes. Bright flames makes your eyes look a lot brighter, for example.

You guys are taking this way to seriously, her eyes a spade or not, who cares? does this make any difference to the game what-so-ever! the answer is clearly no, so lets not get in a twist over it mmmkay!
    Yes, it does make a difference to the plot - especially the symbolism between Rinoa and Squall.

Aside from that this is clearly not the case that the clowns on the clock mean that Ultimercia "is like Kefka" can you really be serious? what about the fact that the clock is there in the past with Laguna?
    Have you forgotten about the spades in her eyes? Spades and clowns are very much relevant to each other. And consider who organised the parade.

Quote Originally Posted by Serapy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BarelySeeAtAll View Post
    A) you can have more than one hobby, I strongly suggest you find one. And soon.
    I already have more than one hobby, buddy. Thanks for the advice, though. Want my advice? Stop telling people what to do and stop thinking irrationally. If VIII was truly my only hobby, the only hobby I have, I'd be posting on this forum more than normal. I have an irregular activity on here, sometimes I'll be here for a day, or two, a week or two, and then that's it. I'd be back after a week, month, 2 months, 3 months or so later.
    That's advice my friend.
    That advice is contradicted to what I said in the relevant post, so please read it again. And plus, whoever provides advice that's made of ignorance is completely out of the window. Why should I listen to an ignorant statement when I know it's not true?

Quote Originally Posted by Serapy
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceglow
    Dude, the second image from the ending it's not Rinoa's eye, it's still Edea's. Overlay a translucent copy of the image over the first image of Edea's eye in photoshop. It fits perfectly. It would also explain how Squall ended up back at the orphanage in time to see Ultimecia make Edea a sorceress. He tries to remember Rinoa but ends up remembering Edea and so ends up out of place in time.
    For countless times, it's Matron, not Edea.
    Matron is her title... not her name.
    And what's your point?

From the point of Co's view, they rather call her Matron than Edea. As this has been suggested in the game; they are used to calling her Matron a couple of times. The person the Co knew was Matron because that piece of name appears alot when the Co. were younger. In that time, Matron, the person that takes care of them, expressing kindness, providing support and protection, etc.

Did you know that certain memories are assigned to a name or text, right? The
    Co. learnt the name Edea when she started causing troubles (which occurs in the future). That's the memory of 'Edea', whereas it differs the memory of 'Matron'.

So, answer this question yourself; why should the Co change it?

Quote Originally Posted by Game Script
    NORG: Bujurururu! THEN-WHAT-IS-IT!? IS-IT-CID'S-AND-EDEA'S!? THAT-
    PATHETIC-MARRIED-COUPLE'S!?

Squall: What...? (The headmaster and Edea are married!?) (...I don't get
    it.)
    Note before they have the "we were all at the same Orphanage" scene Squall refers to her as Edea, as does everyone else, only the people who were at the orphanage refer to her as Matron, its her title like Mum or Dad, were YOU at the Orphanage? Was Iceglow? I think not.
    Um... they called her Edea for clarification. If NORG says Edea and it outputted 'Matron' in Squall's thought, it would be confusing to the player. Same goes for the orphanage scene.

When the player acknowledges 'Matron' and 'Edea', there will be instances that the Co will call her Matron for emotional reasons.

Anyways, I've recently been thinking about reptiles.
    Lions (lionheart, Squall's ring, Lions on Ultimecia's castle) definitely represent a sign/memory of hero, strength; like Squall.

Now, reptiles are green. The power sources are green within the game, just like the lifestream in VII. Basically, lions represent Good. Reptiles represent evil. Spades is evil.

That's one possibility. But I have a better possibility; reptiles represent sorceresses, such as Rinoa. This can be relevant to the R=U theory. Lions on Ultimecia's castle represent a memory of Squall and Rinoa herself is represented by Reptiles. Which explains why Ultimecia summoned iguions which are consisted of lions and reptiles.

I'd love it if the creators of FFVIII came on here and were like, "wtf are you all on about?"

So, we have a couple of possibilities so far. Inverted Squall, Rinoa's Eyes, Spades, Clowns and Lions/Reptiles.

Will there be more? Only the future can tell.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

You can see the view Rinoa would have though from the angle though can't you? Edea wouldn't have been able to see Squall from that angle. (Have to double check) Also, there is a tear in the eye - Rinoa's the only one who should be crying realistically.

Also, the eye belongs to Edea, not Rinoa. Look at the reflection it it. It is reflecting the view out across her float, not the view looking down at Squall.
    Guys, you know that there are certain factors that can change the colour/appearance of eyes. Bright flames makes your eyes look a lot brighter, for example.
    Are you kidding me, you first argue that its Edea's eye, then when Iceglow says to MJN SEIFER no it's not you automatically take MS's side and completely change your mind. You really shouldn't contradict yourself like that.

You guys are taking this way to seriously, her eyes a spade or not, who cares? does this make any difference to the game what-so-ever! the answer is clearly no, so lets not get in a twist over it mmmkay!
    Yes, it does make a difference to the plot - especially the symbolism between Rinoa and Squall.
    Before I answer this, I will ask a question: how exactly does it make any difference what-so-ever to the plot? you make these bold statements but when it comes to answering the evidence is non existent, if your going to make a statement say it does make a difference please provide evidence towards that effect, as I am about to do with your weak theory.

Moving on, as I said before, you really should stop contradicting yourself:

Edea's eye. Can someone guess what does her pupil resemble to?

It looks like 'inverted' Squall to me, which makes sense considering the situation at the time as this photo took place right after when an icicle's struck against Squall.

And during Squall's dream, after the final battle, this shot repeats itself when Rinoa is seen leaving Squall at the dance hall.

So, what does all this mean? I think that the eye represents a sign of Squall when he's really down. I'm not sure what's the right word to use...
    First you say it looks like an inverted Squall. Then someone mentions it loosely resembles a spade from a deck of cards then you say CLOWNS have alot in common with Spades, CLOWNS are not in a deck of cards, Jokers are.

Here let me show you something interesting: The whole Parade scene including several shots close enough for the viewer to see Edea's eyes, note ALL of them have the "spades" symbol even before she lays eyes on Squall so no, they do not represent "victory" they are just her eye's not Groundbreaking Revelations!
    Aside from that this is clearly not the case that the clowns on the clock mean that Ultimercia "is like Kefka" can you really be serious? what about the fact that the clock is there in the past with Laguna?
    Have you forgotten about the spades in her eyes? Spades and clowns are very much relevant to each other. And consider who organised the parade.
    Consider answering my previous statement, The clock is there in the past with Laguna! As I just told you, CLOWNS are nothing to do with Spades, that's Jokers.
    Quote Originally Posted by BarelySeeAtAll View Post
    A) you can have more than one hobby, I strongly suggest you find one. And soon.
    I already have more than one hobby, buddy. Thanks for the advice, though. Want my advice? Stop telling people what to do and stop thinking irrationally. If VIII was truly my only hobby, the only hobby I have, I'd be posting on this forum more than normal. I have an irregular activity on here, sometimes I'll be here for a day, or two, a week or two, and then that's it. I'd be back after a week, month, 2 months, 3 months or so later.
    That's advice my friend.
    That advice is contradicted to what I said in the relevant post, so please read it again. And plus, whoever provides advice that's made of ignorance is completely out of the window. Why should I listen to an ignorant statement when I know it's not true?
    Did you misunderstand what I was writing? (no offense intended) she said "I strongly advise you to find one" and you replied "Stop telling me what to do" and I said that isn't telling, its advising, which it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceglow
    Dude, the second image from the ending it's not Rinoa's eye, it's still Edea's. Overlay a translucent copy of the image over the first image of Edea's eye in photoshop. It fits perfectly. It would also explain how Squall ended up back at the orphanage in time to see Ultimecia make Edea a sorceress. He tries to remember Rinoa but ends up remembering Edea and so ends up out of place in time.
    For countless times, it's Matron, not Edea.
    Matron is her title... not her name.
    And what's your point?
    My point is you had a go at Iceglow for calling her Edea when thats her name, I pointed out that the gang call her Matron because its her title and Iceglow's using of the name is right, I will also point out the fact that at the start of this thread YOU called her Edea, why the sudden flip out just to have a go at Iceglow? It seems to me your entire point of that post is to have a go at Iceglow... which really shouldn't happen, try to make more constructive posts yeah? *Note: This is also Advice if you choose to ignore/act like I'm insulting you then that's your prerogative.*

From the point of Co's view, they rather call her Matron than Edea. As this has been suggested in the game; they are used to calling her Matron a couple of times. The person the Co knew was Matron because that piece of name appears alot when the Co. were younger. In that time, Matron, the person that takes care of them, expressing kindness, providing support and protection, etc.
    Her name is Edea:

Imagine that! A picture of the game itself saying Edea and not Matron. Even better images to follow:

Do you see that, the game is calling her Edea!!! omg wtf!

*Note: Ariana is what I called Rinoa in my game.*

Did you know that certain memories are assigned to a name or text, right? The Co. learnt the name Edea when she started causing troubles (which occurs in the future). That's the memory of 'Edea', whereas it differs the memory of 'Matron'.

This is one of your easier questions to answer: Do you remember the plot device that makes the team forget the past? I'll remind you: its the GF's make the team forget their past and as such forget who and what people's titles are, anyways back to point: Squall and Co. were raised in an orphanage and as such the person who raised them would be like a mother to them:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dictionary.com
    ma·tron
       /ˈmeɪtrən/ Show Spelled[mey-truhn] Show IPA
    –noun
    a married woman, esp. one who is mature and staid or dignified and has an established social position.
    a woman who has charge of the domestic affairs of a hospital, prison, or other institution.
    a woman serving as a guard, warden, or attendant for women or girls, as in a prison.
    Use matron in a Sentence
    See images of matron
    Search matron on the Web
    Origin:
    1350–1400; ME matrone < L mātrōna a married woman, wife, deriv. of māter mother
    Derived from Mother, and as such because they were raised by her they call her Matron because she is like a mother to them, calling her Matron is because its her TITLE! You flipped out at Iceglow because he used the name Edea which is THE NAME SHE WAS BORN WITH, why did you have a go at him? seems you posted JUST to FLAME him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Game Script
    NORG: Bujurururu! THEN-WHAT-IS-IT!? IS-IT-CID'S-AND-EDEA'S!? THAT-
    PATHETIC-MARRIED-COUPLE'S!?

Squall: What...? (The headmaster and Edea are married!?) (...I don't get
    it.)
    Note before they have the "we were all at the same Orphanage" scene Squall refers to her as Edea, as does everyone else, only the people who were at the orphanage refer to her as Matron, its her title like Mum or Dad, were YOU at the Orphanage? Was Iceglow? I think not.
    Um... they called her Edea for clarification. If NORG says Edea and it outputted 'Matron' in Squall's thought, it would be confusing to the player. Same goes for the orphanage scene.

When the player acknowledges 'Matron' and 'Edea', there will be instances that the Co will call her Matron for emotional reasons.
    Yes I admit it THEY call her Matron, note in my previous post's (the pictures unless they escaped your attention) the GAME WHICH WAS WRITTEN BY THE PEOPLE WHO DECIDED WHAT HER NAME WAS called her Edea, in all instances her name when she speaks is ALWAYS Edea I will repeat that: In All Instances Her Name When She Speaks Is ALWAYS Edea. I am sorry if what I write offends you but its the simple truth, your just clutching at straws: If you have ANY evidence that contradicts what I have just written then please provide it for the rest of us to see, please do not use your view on the whole situation as evidence, evidence is where you have outside information (be it picture video or third person (so long as they were involved with the making of the game)) like I have provided.

Anyways, I've recently been thinking about reptiles.
    Lions (lionheart, Squall's ring, Lions on Ultimecia's castle) definitely represent a sign/memory of hero, strength; like Squall.

Now, reptiles are green. The power sources are green within the game, just like the lifestream in VII. Basically, lions represent Good. Reptiles represent evil. Spades is evil.
    Spades is Evil? can you PLEASE make you mind up, one minute you say the "Spades" are Edea's eyes then you say the "Spades" are Rinoa's eye's and now you are saying "Spades are Evil" do you mean to say that when the camera zooms in on what you call "Rinoa's eye" that she is "evil" because she has "Spades" in her eye, or have you changed your mind AGAIN and have gone back to thinking the "Spades" are now back in Edea's eye's? do you really think anyone here agrees with your clearly outlandish comments?

That's one possibility. But I have a better possibility; reptiles represent sorceresses, such as Rinoa. This can be relevant to the R=U theory. Lions on Ultimecia's castle represent a memory of Squall and Rinoa herself is represented by Reptiles. Which explains why Ultimecia summoned iguions which are consisted of lions and reptiles.
    So your now saying you believe that Rinoa is Ultimercia, well that is clearly not the case as if it was, when the party goes to fight Ultimercia she would simply say "Hey Squall, it's me Rinoa, remember when we were in the garden by Edea's house you said you would protect me no matter what, so dispose of those other people so we can be together forever" also if that were to fail and she was Rinoa, Rinoa would remember that if she compressed time Squall and Co. would come and kill her, and as such avoid doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserDragon View Post

Are you kidding me, you first argue that its Edea's eye, then when Iceglow says to MJN SEIFER no it's not you automatically take MS's side and completely change your mind. You really shouldn't contradict yourself like that.
    These are possibilities - or a list of possibilities. Each of these possibilities represent different meanings. I'm looking forward to explore more possbilities and pick one to believe in. So, how was I contradicting? Huh?

Before I answer this, I will ask a question: how exactly does it make any difference what-so-ever to the plot?
    Sigh... the love symbolism between Squall and Rinoa. That symbolism is a part of the plot. This thread may change my view on the symbolism of Squall/Rinoa. If this is the case, then the plot will become adjusted. That's the difference, can't you tell?

you make these bold statements but when it comes to answering the evidence is non existent, if your going to make a statement say it does make a difference please provide evidence towards that effect, as I am about to do with your weak theory.
    I already have provided evidence. Have you? Nope. For example, I presented evidence (the weird symbol is evidence, and the clown models is evidence), I made an assumption that they may be connected to each other. Have you got evidence that the weird symbol is not weird, or the clown models are fake?

Moving on, as I said before, you really should stop contradicting yourself:
    No, I'm not.

First you say it looks like an inverted Squall. Then someone mentions it loosely resembles a spade from a deck of cards then you say CLOWNS have alot in common with Spades, CLOWNS are not in a deck of cards, Jokers are.
    Clowns and Jokers are basically the same version of 'evil'... and do you know that saying 'No, it's Jokers, not Clowns' is not really an argument against my theory, right?

Here let me show you something interesting: The whole Parade scene including several shots close enough for the viewer to see Edea's eyes, note ALL of them have the "spades" symbol even before she lays eyes on Squall so no, they do not represent "victory" they are just her eye's not Groundbreaking Revelations!
    I'm already aware that not every shot of her eyes have whatever (Spades) in it...

The shot of her eyes (the one I posted in this thread) TOOK place after when her icicles have struck against Squall. And this exact shot re-appears in Squall's flashback later in the game. And in this shot, the Spades happen to be there. Amazingly, the meaning of Spades (pushed into the earth with the foot...) is very identical to what happened (her icicles pushed into Squall's body).

So, why don't you re-evaluate your assumption that it's just her eyes? Note, though, just because it's subtle, it doesn't mean it's not important - especially when we are discussing the thing here.

Consider answering my previous statement, The clock is there in the past with Laguna! As I just told you, CLOWNS are nothing to do with Spades, that's Jokers.
    Repeating yourself that it's Jokers, not Clowns, are you now? Since this statement of yours is not argumentative-worthy material, I will shall leave it null and void.

You know, if I could say something that's not argumentative-worthy material - I'd correct yourself by claiming that it's 'you're', not 'your'.

Did you misunderstand what I was writing? (no offense intended) she said "I strongly advise you to find one" and you replied "Stop telling me what to do" and I said that isn't telling, its advising, which it is.
    Duh, I said:

Thanks for the advice. Want my advice? -Stop telling people what to do and stop thinking irrationally.
    Of course, it's advice. What are you talking about?

My point is you had a go at Iceglow for calling her Edea when thats her name, I pointed out that the gang call her Matron because its her title and Iceglow's using of the name is right,
    So, Edea is right and that Matron is wrong? So if I call her Matron when the Co called her Matron, does it mean I'm wrong? Otherwise, I don't see your argument. Whether a certain text is a name, title or whatever, it doesn't matter.

I will also point out the fact that at the start of this thread YOU called her Edea, why the sudden flip out just to have a go at Iceglow?
    Because that scene (the shot) was what formed the memory of 'Edea'. The Co. evidently learnt the name 'Edea' around that time period (pre-Edea battle). That's why I called her Edea at this point.

I told Iceglow that it's Matron because he mentioned Edea at the ending. But in fact, Squall called her Matron a couple of times at the ending. As I've said before, I'm with Squall; thinking inside Squall's head helps me to make theories.

I should have added more detail to my 'For countless times, it's Matron, not Edea' statement to clear the confusion for you people. The only reason why I didn't add more detail is because me and Iceglow have had talked about the same issue in the past.

It seems to me your entire point of that post is to have a go at Iceglow...
    No? Most of that post was directed at BarelySeeAtAll, not Iceglow.

And my question still remains; what's your point? What does Iceglow or his relevances have to do with this thread?

which really shouldn't happen, try to make more constructive posts yeah?
    My statement directed at his Edea quote was amounted to 1/4 of one entire post and you're suggesting me to make constructive posts? Over-exaggeration as usual.

Her name is Edea:
    Imagine that! A picture of the game itself saying Edea and not Matron. Even better images to follow:

Do you see that, the game is calling her Edea!!! omg wtf!
    Re-read my post again. I've never once claimed or implied that she's not Edea outright.

Did you know that certain memories are assigned to a name or text, right? The Co. learnt the name Edea when she started causing troubles (which occurs in the future). That's the memory of 'Edea', whereas it differs the memory of 'Matron'.

This is one of your easier questions to answer: Do you remember the plot device that makes the team forget the past? I'll remind you: its the GF's make the team forget their past and as such forget who and what people's titles are
    Um, no. If what you said is true, then Squall would of have called her Edea instead of Matron in the ending. But he actually called her Matron in the ending as shown in the game script below:

Quote Originally Posted by Squall
    Squall: (...Matron.)
    Squall: Yes, Matron. We had defeated her... Matron, stand back.
    Squall: (puts his gunblade away) Matron!
    Squall: ...Matron.
    Squall: (...I'll be all right, Matron.)
    After the GF thing, Squall and the Co. have remembered everything and even acknowledged that Edea was Matron. Yet Squall called her Matron at the ending. So, this has nothing to do with the GF thing.

, anyways back to point: Squall and Co. were raised in an orphanage and as such the person who raised them would be like a mother to them
    So?

Derived from Mother, and as such because they were raised by her they call her Matron because she is like a mother to them, calling her Matron is because its her TITLE!
    Let me repeat myself because I believe it's necessary:

Did you know that certain memories are assigned to a name or text, right? The
    Co. learnt the name Edea when she started causing troubles (which occurs in the future). That's the memory of 'Edea', whereas it differs the memory of 'Matron'.

Memories are more important than definitions (i.e. the definition of Matron).

You flipped out at Iceglow because he used the name Edea which is THE NAME SHE WAS BORN WITH, why did you have a go at him? seems you posted JUST to FLAME him.
    *facepalm*

Yes I admit it THEY call her Matron, note in my previous post's (the pictures unless they escaped your attention) the GAME WHICH WAS WRITTEN BY THE PEOPLE WHO DECIDED WHAT HER NAME WAS called her Edea, in all instances her name when she speaks is ALWAYS Edea I will repeat that: In All Instances Her Name When She Speaks Is ALWAYS Edea.
    Did you even read my posts? I never once claimed or implied that she's not Edea outright.

I am sorry if what I write offends you but its the simple truth, your just clutching at straws: If you have ANY evidence that contradicts what I have just written then please provide it for the rest of us to see, please do not use your view on the whole situation as evidence, evidence is where you have outside information (be it picture video or third person (so long as they were involved with the making of the game)) like I have provided.
    Evidence that contradicts what you have just written? Sure, why not. Squall called her Matron. There you go, that's the contradiction.

Spades is Evil? can you PLEASE make you mind up, one minute you say the "Spades" are Edea's eyes then you say the "Spades" are Rinoa's eye's and now you are saying "Spades are Evil" do you mean to say that when the camera zooms in on what you call "Rinoa's eye" that she is "evil" because she has "Spades" in her eye, or have you changed your mind AGAIN and have gone back to thinking the "Spades" are now back in Edea's eye's?
    These are possibilities - possibilities that are separated to each other since each of them has a different meaning. Who said that all of these possibilities are merged into one theory? Enlighten me.

do you really think anyone here agrees with your clearly outlandish comments?
    If you really want to know if one of the people like my ideas here, why don't you find out?

So your now saying you believe that Rinoa is Ultimercia,
    You must not have heard of my other theories, then.

well that is clearly not the case as if it was, when the party goes to fight Ultimercia she would simply say "Hey Squall, it's me Rinoa, remember when we were in the garden by Edea's house you said you would protect me no matter what, so dispose of those other people so we can be together forever"
    It doesn't work like that. Many elements in VIII are ambiguous and subtle.

If VIII was MOSTLY about Squall and Rinoa, then there would be more backstory about Squall/Rinoa/Ultimecia themselves. With more backstory, we may find more hints of whether or not Rinoa may be Ultimecia. However, VIII was about defeating Ultimecia and having a happy ending; things that have nothing to do with that goal tend to be more subtle and ambiguous. Also consider the fact that the development team was rushing to finish VIII.

also if that were to fail and she was Rinoa, Rinoa would remember that if she compressed time Squall and Co. would come and kill her, and as such avoid doing so.
    Not possible. Because Ultimecia never told us about herself. And she acted crazy. Not telling us anything about herself and her acting crazy WILL lead to a plausible assumption that she may not remember anything.
    Last edited by Serapy; 08-17-2010 at 05:34 AM.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm just going to stop this... I mean damn. Its obvious this thread is going to get ugly soon, so I'm just going close it down and pray to my dark gods for all of your souls.