Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Her Eyes Symbol?

Default Her Eyes Symbol?

Edea's eye. Can someone guess what does her pupil resemble to?

It looks like 'inverted' Squall to me, which makes sense considering the situation at the time as this photo took place right after when an icicle's struck against Squall.

And during Squall's dream, after the final battle, this shot repeats itself when Rinoa is seen leaving Squall at the dance hall.

So, what does all this mean? I think that the eye represents a sign of Squall when he's really down. I'm not sure what's the right word to use...

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Honestly?

That image is down, I missed it. Spades? That's another possibility, because of this:

And who organised the parade? Ultimecia. So, she might as well have had brought up the idea of clowns being displayed on da clock tower.

Clowns deal with cards, right? Spades? Edea's eyes represent Spades... I've looked up the meaning of Spades and I get this:

Quote Originally Posted by AudioEnglish
    a sturdy hand shovel that can be pushed into the earth with the foot.
    Notice anything? Identical? Analogy? No? Okay... Edea pushes her icicle right into Squall's chest... and then she presents us a victory with SPADES. That's the analogy.

This is really interesting.
    Last edited by Serapy; 07-18-2010 at 08:43 PM.

holy smurfing

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Serapy
    Simply put, I made this thread because I was bored.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serapy
    Simply put, I made this thread because I was bored.
    (story bro.)
    placeholder_text.jpeg

No, no. I'm really excited about this. Serious too. :kaohappy:

That SPADES thing is happening again, why? Was Squall thinking along the lines of "Is my Rinoa dying..?" and then the symbolism of Rinoa being attacked (SPADES) shows up. Seconds later, you see her army helmet's glass break. But that didn't really happen, fortunately.

It's not like her eye's appeared in Squall's flashback (or dream) for no reason. Go figure.
    Last edited by Serapy; 07-18-2010 at 09:22 PM.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I thought it was Rinoa's eye judging from the angle, "Eyes on Me", and the fact that whoever's eye it is appears to be about to cry. Rinoa's the only one who would, Edea is evil during this scene, and we all know Irvine and Seifer, aren't going to be too bothered either.

Now, thinking about it... there seems to be some connection regarding what happened and the SPADES thing. For example:

-) An icicle has struck Squall. (You would think that it will kill him because the icicle was so huge that he had no chance of surviving.)

+) He's miraculously survived the next day since his injury.

-) Squall sees the glass of Rinoa's helmet break in space. (You would think that it will kill her because there's no oxygen in space.)

+) She looks fine in the forthcoming scene.

I think the SPADES symbolism is connected with what happened (icicle and glass break).

Is this SPADES thing not real? I mean, SPADES is part of a card game and it's not real. It's just a game. If it's not real, then nobody can die from any card (including SPADES). Would that explain why Squall and Rinoa didn't die?

So far, we have two possibilities here; inverted Squall and SPADES...

I see an upside down phallus.

But why would anybody want to know about the inner side of Cid... ? Because that phallus doesn't look right....

Blog Entries

It is a spade-thingy. Because spade-thingies look cool in eyeballs. That is all.

ಠ_ಠ

Quote Originally Posted by Clo View Post
    It is a spade-thingy. Because spade-thingies look cool in eyeballs. That is all.

ಠ_ಠ
    So, this SPADE thing appears in Squall's flashback at the end of the game because it was cool to see? Does Squall have to resort to seeing cool things to help himself feel better?

Hmmm...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Serapy View Post

ಠ_ಠ
    So, this SPADE thing appears in Squall's flashback at the end of the game because it was cool to see? Does Squall have to restort to seeing cool things to help himself feel better?

Hmmm...

Squall doesn't have to "restort" to seeing anything. I'm saying it doesn't mean anything. As my SUBJECTIVE INTERPRETATION.

Quote Originally Posted by Serapy View Post

ಠ_ಠ
    So, this SPADE thing appears in Squall's flashback at the end of the game because it was cool to see? Does Squall have to restort to seeing cool things to help himself feel better?

Hmmm...

Squall doesn't have to "restort" to seeing anything. I'm saying it doesn't mean anything. As my SUBJECTIVE INTERPRETATION.
    I didn't get that. So, please elaborate your "SUBJETIVE INTERPRETATION".
    I highly doubt that the eye appeared in Squall's dream just because it was cool to see, and plus this was in the ending...

Yes why would Square ever put something COOL in their FMV? It had to mean something. You can't just let it go that the programmers were given a scenario to design and designed it as they saw fit to make a cool and entertaining FMV?!