Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remember your first time?

One Speed, One Gear, GO!! ScottyRedXIII's Avatar

Default Remember your first time?

i still remember the first time i completed FF X, it was the first FF i finished and is my second favorite. Any one else remember?

I cant under stand why so many people hate this game. It had the best battle system, one of the best story lines, one of the best songs to be played in a FF game (Otherworld by Nobuo Uematsu) and THE most bad ass character ever Auron.

I wish i could play thus game again, but i cant, my faggot PS3 doesn't have playback (stupid 80gig) and my ps2 had vanished
    Twitter: @Scottyboy081292

this was the first FF I ever played and I found it very difficult O_O
    I think I was 10 when i played this o.o and I was TERRIBLE..it took me months to get past the Mi'ihen Highroad. ;____; but i eventually finished the game and kept playing because of the great storyline, music, and the sphere grid!
    BERRY-SAN'S COMEBACK

The first time I completed it the game froze mid-way through the end story. I was peeved so I went back and completed it again, it worked and it was cherry baby!

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

It was pretty awesome. I got the game for my fourteenth birthday along with a bunch of candy. I just sat there chompin' away on my buckets of candy while playing it all wide eyed like "this is awesoooooome." :mymelomfg:

The battle system is boring until you can unlock the different paths on the sphere grid. If they had allowed you to advance more quickly it would've been a much more interesting game because there would've been a lot more strategy in planning how your characters worked. However, apart from that it's one of the better battle systems in the FF series.

However, the story and characters are somewhat subpar for the series in my opinion. While I can't entirely oppose any story that suggests people should question authority (especially religious authority), it was kind of lackluster. The characters probably would've been a lot better if some of the voice actors hadn't been so bland, but alas. Thanks to the voice acting Tidus basically came out as whine-whine-whine and that kind of ruined a lot of the enjoyment I would've otherwise had of this game.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Actually I played FF X-2 first rather then FF X so when I completed it, I was like, "Oh, this is what happened."

PS: You can try downloading a PS2 Emulator to play if you want.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I enjoyed it okay, I suppose, but the leading two characters grated on me to extreme levels. I didn't mind the other characters, but Yuna and Tidus are probably the characters I've liked least of all the FF series' playable characters. I remember trying to do certain things and sucking at them despite everyone else seemingly having no problem (chocobo balloon thing hi) and remember me having absolutely no problem with other things that people seemingly struggled with (lightning thing). I didn't mind Blitzball that much, for a minigame it was one of the more involving ones out there.

In short, my first play gave me thoughts that have stuck with me since. I still enjoy the gameplay and I still dislike the lead characters. I think I played it after most other people played it - I bought the Platinum Edition of the Internationl version.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Although I played through this game twice, I've completed it only once, and it was a couple of years ago. All I remember is breezing through the final boss(I did some heavy grinding in the Omega Ruins). It's not my favorite FF, but I still enjoyed playing it nonetheless, and I want to play it again someday.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

efw3
    Last edited by Nominus Experse; 03-17-2014 at 03:04 PM.

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

One of the best endings to any FF game, ever. Just the right mix of hope and despair. It's a great game, but has its share of silly moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Actually I played FF X-2 first rather then FF X so when I completed it, I was like, "Oh, this is what happened."
    Y'know I've always wondered what anyone who played them out of order thought about X-2 without comparing it to X. How did it fare as a stand alone game?

Blog Entries

People who hate this game aren't people. That's it. :P
    No seriously... I wasn't aware there were people that actually disliked this game... I guess I'm just shallow. XD
    I'm free! I'm free! ...dang it.

Truth Beauty Freedom Love Logie's Avatar

Yeah, I remember! It was the first game I ever finished and because of that, as well as the somewhat sad ending, I ended up having a slight cry. XD Blitzball is what stands out for me in retrospect.

...We could be heroes...

I still remember my first comment after completing Final Fantasy X:
    "Was that really a final boss?"
    I was pretty disappointed with that fact, but I don´t think the game is bad. It had a lot of nice moments and the FMV scenes were really wonderful.
    Create your own world. Create your own fantasy. Show people what fantasy really is.

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?

One Speed, One Gear, GO!! ScottyRedXIII's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RPGCreator View Post
    I still remember my first comment after completing Final Fantasy X:
    "Was that really a final boss?"
    I was pretty disappointed with that fact, but I don´t think the game is bad. It had a lot of nice moments and the FMV scenes were really wonderful.
    Yeah it was a bit easy, but so was Sephiroth in FFVII but that's voted the best of the series, so it don't matter to much =)
    Twitter: @Scottyboy081292

Contributions
    • Contributions to EoFF Census project

My first time was odd. I'd gotten the game used with my new PS2 (also used) after a couple year hiatus from the series (without a PS2, there was nowhere to go after IX). I had huge hopes, as the trailers and footage I'd seen made me feel like I was in for a beautiful and sublime adventure on par with my first go-around with VII.

At first I was astounded by the graphics and the smoothness of the battle system. The story really got off on a good foot, too, and Besaid Island was hard to not love (it's gorgeous). As the game went on I was enjoying it enough, but every time I'd go to turn it on, I'd get this niggling feeling that I really didn't feel like playing..

At around Mushroom Rock Road I started getting tired of the (what I found to be) dull environments, the straightish-ness of the maps, and the constant interruptions from party members. The now notorious laughing bit was painful, and it became a running joke between my cousin (7) and myself for a long time. The scene couldn't have fallen more flat. Square always had a certain badness in their dialogue (poor localization and what not), but the full-on VA really made it that more pronounced. After Guadosalam I almost put the game down for good not being able to get past how bored I was. I eventually toughed it out and found it to be not as bad as I'd thought, but still not very good. Over-all thoughts: lots of wasted potential.

I played the thing again a couple of years ago when I was doing a playthrough of all the post-VII games to get hyped for XII. Still didn't like it much, and still am surprised that Square would make the jump to the PS2 only to make X's adventure smaller and less interesting than its PS1 predecessors.