Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Long Can You Read Before Finding Something Wrong?

Default How Long Can You Read Before Finding Something Wrong?

Socksmakepeoplesexy.Net - <Die the death>! <Sentence to death>! <Great equalizer is The Death>!!

We get heroes that try to be as likable and straightforward as Cecil, Butz, and their respective crews, but are also forced to grapple with sordid pasts and personal demons like Cloud, Squall
    Strike 1. Cecil also has a sordid past and personal demons...it's the entire first part of the game. I mean, I never even beat FFIV and I know about this.

villains with personalities and motives as two dimensional as Zemus and Exdeath, but who are as overexposed and zazzed-up to the degree of Sephiroth and Edea.
    Strike 2. Kuja and Garland have vastly different personalities and motives to any FF villain.

The incompetency in this makes me unable to read it all in one go.
    So feel free to add your own Strike 3's. I'm sure there are a lot of them.
    Last edited by Forsaken Lover; 07-18-2010 at 11:00 PM.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

I'm struggling to decipher your opening post but the link basically seems to be someone slating FFIX a fair bit, and talking a lot of old rubbish.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Someone wrote a review of FFIX full of blatant errors and I'm just posting it because...why not.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I like all the pictures that person use in the review!

Although I didn't really read all that he wrote cause it seems really boring to me!

Contributions
    • Contributions to EoFF Census project

That first quotation is questionable (what with Cecil having a dark past), but I'm not sure I necessarily disagree with the rest. I'm smurfing positive I'm in the minority here.

Blog Entries

I read quite abit of it (the whole thing was too long) and nothing really jumps out at me that makes me think "this guy is an idiot" Also I thought the pictures he used were really nice too. I get the feeling he mustve screen capped them all himself and after all the effort i cant bring myself to hate his review
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I didn't read the whole thing, I quit when I got to the character introductions. I'm not really sure what I think of the review. At times it seemed the reviewer was bashing on the game but then there were times when they praised it for a certain aspect. It just seemed like a normal review to me.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

So that's where the forum description is from.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I thought the same thing. I used to think that it was a strange description but now it makes so much more sense.

Blog Entries

I use to think forum staff were actually clever and funny but now I am very unimpressed.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Blog Entries

Keep up, guys!

Anybody who wants to point-by-point 'debunk' a review by someone who didn't think the game was too good needs to reassess their life goals. FFX-2 was utter hog , but I never made a thread with a huge opening post about how every part of the game was crap!

EDIT: in fact, the page isn't a bash on FFIX at all. It has a brief run through the game, highlighting the cooler parts, followed by a list of the references to the previous games within it
    Last edited by Old Manus; 07-22-2010 at 08:40 PM.

there was a picture here

i rather liked that article, it pretty much told it straight... considering it's only part of a larger article, i've decided to read the entire thing covering the original FF to FFXIII, so far (i'm up to FFVI, including FFIX) i'm really enjoying this series of articles...

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    EDIT: in fact, the page isn't a bash on FFIX at all. It has a brief run through the game, highlighting the cooler parts, followed by a list of the references to the previous games within it
    Anyone with an ounce of intelligence is insulted by the writer's clear idiocy when it comes to "summarizing" the characters.

And yes he finishes off by mentioning the references..in a style made to patronize FFIX for using them. Kuja is now a Kefka wannabe because he did one thing Kefka did.
    Gotta love how he praises the two-dimensional, worthless villain Kefka over Kuja.

Then again, the writer clearly didn't understand any of the characters of any of the games as I showed with my opening post.

Articles like this may be on the itnernet but if I had a pritner, i'd print it out and crumple it up to throw it in the trash where it belonged.

I'm sorry but almost everything about this article rubs me the wrong way.

Blog Entries

Dude. The article isn't the 10,000 word hatespeech on FFIX you think it is. He spends just as much time praising the game as he spends pointing out (with his tongue firmly in his cheek) flaws in the game, none of which are unfounded.

He's written similar pages on all of the other games.

there was a picture here

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I find some of the points to be well regarded, while others I disagree with. A fair review.