Thread: [ Famitsu ]TACTICS OGRE on PSP !!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Default [ Famitsu ]TACTICS OGRE on PSP !!

Article says : All this talent gathered again
    The article specifically says that Matsuno is personally revising the script and making all the additions and changes to the original script. There will be a lot more text in the remake script, and there will be new side stories and characters to flesh out the world and feelings of the characters in the original game.

Director: Hiroshi Minagawa
    Game Design: Yasumi Matsuno
    Character Design: Akihiko Yoshida, Tsubasa Masao
    Music: Hitoshi Sakimoto, Masaharu Iwata

Published by Square Enix

[PSP]½ñÖÜ´ó±¬Õ¨!ËÉÒ°Ì©¼ºSE»ÊÆïÐÂ×÷¡¶»Ê¼ÒÆïÊ¿ÍÅ ÃüÔËÖ®ÂÖ¡·½ô¼±¹«²¼!¸üÐÂÉ趨/ÓÎÏ·»­ÃæµÈ!ÃÀ! ÓÎÏ·Òµ½çÐÂÎÅÇø A9VGµçÍ沿ÂäÉçÇøÂÛ̳

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by ShinGundam View Post
    Article says : All this talent gathered again
    The article specifically says that Matsuno is personally revising the script and making all the additions and changes to the original script. There will be a lot more text in the remake script, and there will be new side stories and characters to flesh out the world and feelings of the characters in the original game.
    Just wanted to highlight those points so people understand that it's a remake. Still, it's pretty darn fantastic to know that Squenix isn't letting the Ogre Battle series die, since they bought the original developers several years ago.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

More info:

Here are a few points from the FF Reunion summary:

- Even though it may look like the game's visuals haven't changed much, they have been improved over the original. They're trying to keep the Super Famicom-like look of the game.

- They'd actually be proud if people would say that it's the same as the original.

- You can change the angle to view the action from above.

- The height-based play and other basic elements of the original remain in tact.

- They're adding a number of new elements for the game parts and battle parts. The battles will be greatly changed.

- The game will have a variety of new skill-based gameplay features.

- There will be new classes.

- The battle maps character count has increased from the 10 vs 10 of the original to 12 on your side vs 18 on the enemy side, for a total of 30 characters on screen.

- This is not a "Tactics Ogre Perfect Version," but a "rebuilding" of Tactics Ogre. It doesn't fit within the framework of a "remake."

- You won't be able to use your strategies from the original for the sequel.

I'm absolutely delighted, It seems to be an expansion.

Oh, scans : [PSP]½ñÖÜ´ó±¬Õ¨!ËÉÒ°Ì©¼ºSE»ÊÆïÐÂ×÷¡¶»Ê¼ÒÆïÊ¿ÍÅ ÃüÔËÖ®ÂÖ¡·½ô¼±¹«²¼!¸üÐÂÉ趨/ÓÎÏ·»­ÃæµÈ!ÃÀ! ÓÎÏ·Òµ½çÐÂÎÅÇø A9VGµçÍ沿ÂäÉçÇøÂÛ̳

Isn't that the dude who wrote the Chrono Series? Can't they have had a reunion for the Chrono series instead =/

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

No that's Masato Kato who worked on CT/CC. This is Yasumi Matsuno who worked on the Tactics Ogre series then jumped to Square and created Ivalice with the original FFTactics. He left Square sometime in 2004 in the middle of FFXII's production for health reasons.

Good to hear he's back and working on the series that gave him a name in the industry.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I've always wanted to play this game. I love FF Tactics and if this is anything similar it should be great.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

Read this on the Playstation Blog and was overcome with a great feeling. I'm so happy! Did they announce it at Comic-Con?

I don't know which is the biggest surprise - that I'll finally have a legal way to play this game, or that Matsuno is actually working on it. These are some of my favorite developers of all time, I could have sworn that Minagawa had left Square Enix and Yoshida and Sakimoto were not going to have much more to do with them. The fact that this is an enhanced version, essentially a new game, is a real treat.

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder
    I've always wanted to play this game. I love FF Tactics and if this is anything similar it should be great.
    This game is essentially the prototype for Final Fantasy Tactics. I haven't played more than a minute of it, so I'm not sure if that's an insult or not, but I'm sure it'll at the very least be good.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

That's what I remember from watching my brother play it when he used to have it. I did try it out once but the controls felt weird compared to FFT and not as smooth. I'm hoping with the remake it will all be good.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

For people still interested the release date is February 15th in the United States.

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Hits PSP February 15th – PlayStation Blog

It was so weird. I had no idea idea bout the history between these two originally. So when I got tired of FFT and wanted more tactic combat, I went out and rented the original. And was stunned by how similar they were. Both good and bad. It was kinda surreal at the time. Made more sense after learning the connection. But FFT never really grew on me. But I've heard the FFT remake was really well received. Hopefully now that I've put a few years between me and this game I can enjoy it for what it really is, and I have faith that they'll do an extremely good job adapting this remake

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I am extremely excited about the release of this game complete with the WORLD system and the CHARIOT system. It sounds like they have all the bases covered for a fully immersed gaming experience. I am looking forward to finally being able to recruit all of the special characters without consequence. The game is rife with political strife and discord, and it shows because no matter what you do, you will never be able to save everyone. At least the additional extras in the game will allow me to accomplish everything possible on the same file.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roogle View Post
    I am extremely excited about the release of this game complete with the WORLD system and the CHARIOT system. It sounds like they have all the bases covered for a fully immersed gaming experience. I am looking forward to finally being able to recruit all of the special characters without consequence. The game is rife with political strife and discord, and it shows because no matter what you do, you will never be able to save everyone. At least the additional extras in the game will allow me to accomplish everything possible on the same file.
    Yeah, everyone's saying the Wheel of Fortune system is like a completionist's wet dream, and even someone likes me who just wants to see how the story goes.