Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Curiosity about Irvine

Too much information for people.
    It“s best for them to look at each theory and starting making the connections.
    Like on a big puzzle.

Hint:Something related to Rinoa.
    Flo:Honey,the clock is late.Go out fix it.
    Mayor Dobe:What hours is it?
    Flo: 15:30
    Mayor Dobe:Hey do you wanna to send the Estharians to Centra or what?
    Flo:Ok,let it be on 3:45

Images removed for being utterly colossal. Please use images that conform to the size limit.

Regards,
    Big D

Articles
    Blog Entries

He knows her name?

What's fishy is that Irvine didn't attempt on asking Rinoa out instead of Selphie on that train. It's obvious that Rinoa is more beautiful than Selphie. So, why didn't he?

I have 2 reasons:

1) Irvine knew that Rinoa was already taken. Destiny, my friends.
    2) Irvine feared sorceresses, since what happened at the orphanage back then. So, that's why he didn't ask Rinoa out.

Exactly Karifean
    Flo:Honey,the clock is late.Go out fix it.
    Mayor Dobe:What hours is it?
    Flo: 15:30
    Mayor Dobe:Hey do you wanna to send the Estharians to Centra or what?
    Flo:Ok,let it be on 3:45

Images removed for being utterly colossal. Please use images that conform to the size limit.

Regards,
    Big D

Shouldn't he know her name? I mean, they were all at the orphanage.
    Is currently playing Final Fantasy II. I am going for 100%.

-Has played FFI, FFII, FFIII, FFIV, FFV, FFVII DoC, FFVIII, FFX, FFX-2, FFXII, FFXIII, FFTA. Has beaten FFI, FFII, FFX. Has 100% beaten FFI. Has watched FFtSW, FFVII AC, and FFU.

By the way he did try to flirt with Rinoa, Quistis interupted him. And i think Irvine always liked Selphie more than the rest of the gang , so when he saw her...BAM...love? =)

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Draniei View Post
    Who's name? He should know all names except Rinoa's as she was never there (putting the R=E theory aside for now).

I've just thought; maybe Irvine was told who he'd be assigned too, but when he heard their names, that was when he realized who they were. I mean think about it, when you hear one name from your childhood, you can pass it off as a possible coincidence. However, when you hear a whole group of names together you just know it has to be the same people,

Now, following that up, Irvine probably expects to be introduced to the team as well (which he is), so he assumes that they all remember him too - notice how casual he is around them, like he already knows them, and then there's the scene on the train, he goes to Selphie first becuase he knows her, and has tried flirting with her as a child. When she brushes him off, it also becomes clear that she doesn't recognize him either (there's no comment like "you're still the same!") so Irvine may be thinking "Oh... I guess I was wrong - these people AREN'T my friends from the orphanage..." He seams like he is about to hit on Rinoa, but he is interupted to quick. Irvine is a born flirt, but he may also be doing this to quickly forget getting his hopes up too soon, but when he's stopped he just sulks for a bit. I genuinly think that he was just dissapointed that he hadn't gotten the reuinion he expected, but rather than be sad they don't recognize him, I think that he thinks that he's mistaken them for his friends and now he realizes that they're just people with the same names.

I think when Edea appears on the scene, Irvine puts two and two together. Or at least takes the first step.

^^^
    Now that's something i believe

Quote Originally Posted by MJN SEIFER View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Draniei View Post
    Who's name? He should know all names except Rinoa's as she was never there (putting the R=E theory aside for now).

I've just thought; maybe Irvine was told who he'd be assigned too, but when he heard their names, that was when he realized who they were. I mean think about it, when you hear one name from your childhood, you can pass it off as a possible coincidence. However, when you hear a whole group of names together you just know it has to be the same people,

Now, following that up, Irvine probably expects to be introduced to the team as well (which he is), so he assumes that they all remember him too - notice how casual he is around them, like he already knows them, and then there's the scene on the train, he goes to Selphie first becuase he knows her, and has tried flirting with her as a child. When she brushes him off, it also becomes clear that she doesn't recognize him either (there's no comment like "you're still the same!") so Irvine may be thinking "Oh... I guess I was wrong - these people AREN'T my friends from the orphanage..." He seams like he is about to hit on Rinoa, but he is interupted to quick. Irvine is a born flirt, but he may also be doing this to quickly forget getting his hopes up too soon, but when he's stopped he just sulks for a bit. I genuinly think that he was just dissapointed that he hadn't gotten the reuinion he expected, but rather than be sad they don't recognize him, I think that he thinks that he's mistaken them for his friends and now he realizes that they're just people with the same names.

I think when Edea appears on the scene, Irvine puts two and two together. Or at least takes the first step.
    That is probably the most sensible theory to something that isn't fully explained in the game that I've seen on this forum in months.
    It makes sense, I'm inclined to believe it.

Crocodylus Pontifex The Space Pope's Avatar

I have a theory and it's called shoddy writing.
    derp

Articles
    Blog Entries

I actually think FE is on to something, actually.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Space Pope View Post
    I have a theory and it's called shoddy writing.
    Patients is a virgin. the article will be done one day.

If a game doesn't explain something, coming up with theories, no matter how plausible, doesn't make them fact.
    derp

Blog Entries

Be that as it may, it may help us understand them better. I have reasons to believe that it is the exact opposite of shody writing, but the fact that you need to look at exactly the right place makes allthe difference.

Yeah, I understand that it's fun and interesting to fill in the blanks with games such as these, but I'd just rather take a game's story at face value.

But again, that's just me.
    derp