Thread: Best Pure Job

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Boco Best Pure Job

Which Job class do you think is the best class in the game. No sub-jobs, just the class itself only using its own job abilites. Who do you feel stand supreme?

Note: No Freelancer/Bare class and assume the character is alone. This is just about the class itself.

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

I'll give my vote to Ninja.

In my Solo Character, No Mixing Job Class Challenge, I think the Ninja was of the most useful classes. Mostly because Twin coupled with evasion increasing weapons/relics makes you untouchable. A White Mage has Blink, but you don't get it until near the end of the game, and without Holy they're pretty useless. Throw lets them do some serious damage too, either with elemental scrolls or with Fuma shurikens.

Time Mage was especially useful on anything that could be hit with Slow. Once you Haste yourself and Slow the enemy, you're effectively 4 times faster than they are. And by breaking Rods they can inflict heavy elemental damage.

Blue Mage is a personal favorite but not too useful in a solo no mixing classes challenge due to not being able to learn alot of spells. Ignoring the fact that they can't learn alot of spells without help (being revived after KO, using Reflect or Control etc) then they should certainly be considered. The can heal, deal both magic and physical damage, wear decent armour and hold shields which lets them handle damage well too, and Mighty Gaurd alone makes them a great class. Alot of spells ignore reflect too which gives them an edge. I'll admit though that most Blue magics do better as a secondary ability on other classes (Healing Wind and ???? on a Monk for example)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

I dunno. This is a hard question. For me, it's between Knight, Ninja and Blue Mage, because they were a little bit well-balanced and they could use their strength to make up for their weaknesses.
    When we dance, it looks just like Fire.

When we sing, it sounds the same tone.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

For overall ability, Blue Mage. He has access to healing, attacking, and support spells, with okay armor and weapon access. Basically what Red Mage should be, except Red Mage is terrible at everything instead of being decent at everything like Blue Mage is.

Summoner! Because I love summoning.
    Is currently playing Final Fantasy II. I am going for 100%.

-Has played FFI, FFII, FFIII, FFIV, FFV, FFVII DoC, FFVIII, FFX, FFX-2, FFXII, FFXIII, FFTA. Has beaten FFI, FFII, FFX. Has 100% beaten FFI. Has watched FFtSW, FFVII AC, and FFU.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Blue Mage has a lot of versatility. They take a lot of work. Summoners are pretty good damage sponges after they learn Golem and they have a lot of damage output.

Knight was strong, also fancied Time Mages and Hunters, they were pretty cool.

"This the outro, I was gonna put it at the beginning
    But this is what I say the moment after I'm winning
    Thank you, Ultimate Victory"

The Ultimate Victory - Chamillionaire

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I've always been a big Ninja fan, but I would have to consider Blue Mage for this (unless in a solo game, as Shin pointed out its weaknesses in that regard).

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You can ignore a solo challenge assume you have access to everything to begin with but you are still limited to one sub ability that is from within the class.

I would actually say Samurai is one of the better classes and its abilities really lend itself to broken territory. It still has some weaknesses to magic but Fast Draw and Blade Grasp are excellent ways to deal with hordes of enemies not to mention Gil Toss which is smurfing broken. Yet, what I feel really makes the class broken is its class specific attribute of its funky critical hits. The Samurai class has a critical hit for critical hits that allows it to do 4xdamage. This is made even better by the fact that all Samurai weapons in the game have a hidden stat that raises critical hit chances by a certain percent. That's why Samurai's crit often...

I would also throw my towel in with the Blue Mages but I'll also throw in the Chemist as well. Its equipment pull is limited and it does rely on special items but the game is pretty generous of handing them out and most of the time you only need one or two of the rare items to deal with bosses.

I have always liked the Sorceror(Mystic Knight in GBA version)in this game. I love the fact that you can add elements to your weapons. I also like Dragoon, Time Mage, and Monk.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html