Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New :)

Not coming back. BarelySeeAtAll's Avatar

Greenie New :)

What bands etc have you recently gotten in to? Also what rare bands do you think you've heard of which most other people probably wouldn't have?

Recently I saw a band called Midgar, and they're brilliant! They come from Aldershot I believe, which reminds me of Star Wars, but they're real good! Don't roll your eyes at the name .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3FtAHLdm9A

Really good, check them out some time!!! Which bands do you want help promote?

I am not a man

I've known about him for some time now, but it wasn't until recently that I really started listening to him - he's called The Tallest Man on Earth, and he's pretty great.

The Tallest Man on Earth - Myspace

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

I've recently become addicted to Red House Painters and Sun Kil Moon, both the brainchild of Mark Kozelek. Gorgeous music.

Red House Painters:
    YouTube - Red House Painters - Katy Song

Sun Kil Moon:
    YouTube - Carry Me , Ohio - Sun Kil Moon

And I second The Tallest Man on Earth, one of the best albums of 2010 so far.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Breine View Post
    I've known about him for some time now, but it wasn't until recently that I really started listening to him - he's called The Tallest Man on Earth, and he's pretty great.

The Tallest Man on Earth - Myspace
    Yes! I second this! I've been listening to The Tallest Man on Earth lately too! I especially like "King of Spain".

I recently got into Emorasa. Because I saw that they were on the Warped Tour List, so I looked them up and they were amazing. But they've had two different singers. I like the current one more. But I like some songs from the old one. Plus the new singer actually sings. The old one is screamo.

Favorite Song by Them:
    YouTube - Emarosa - Heads or Tails? Real or Not w/ lyrics

Another Video:
    YouTube - Emarosa: What's A Clock Without The Batteries?

That "Katy Song" is really nice. I think I'm going to have to look into Mark Kozelek's work some more.

I've also listened to "Wolves" by Phosphorescent quite a lot lately.

Phosphorescent - "Wolves".

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well recently I've been listening to a lot of things people wouldn't expect from me lol. One of the bands I am pretty intensively hooked upon at the moment are called; The XX. They're fantastic their sound is so chilled out, heres some of their music for you guys to listen to:

The XX - Intro

The XX - Night Time

The XX - Infinity

I love their album it's their debut and frankly I see good things for them in their future if they keep on releasing things like this. I know not many americans have yet heard of them so pay attention my friends across the pond and make it happen

Also been looking forwards to Hurts releasing an album here's one of their songs to go with:

Hurts - Illuminated

Yes, those of you who have sky tv might recognize this song from the July gripping drama advert

I also want The Pretty Reckless album at the end of the month when it comes out

Medina 'You and I'

I gave it to Steve and he likes it too!

HOTROD
    "Lets go for a spin you and I"

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iceglow View Post
    Well recently I've been listening to a lot of things people wouldn't expect from me lol. One of the bands I am pretty intensively hooked upon at the moment are called; The XX. They're fantastic their sound is so chilled out, heres some of their music for you guys to listen to:

The XX - Intro

The XX - Night Time

The XX - Infinity

I love their album it's their debut and frankly I see good things for them in their future if they keep on releasing things like this. I know not many americans have yet heard of them so pay attention my friends across the pond and make it happen
    Some of the parts in those songs were seriously beautiful.

I've gotten into a local Perth band recently; Minute 36

The lyrics in 'Golden Glove Humility' are amazing, so proud these guys are from W.A.

I also discovered The xx last week, they're awesome.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Recently I discovered:

St. Vincent
    Lisa Shaw
    Q-Burns Abstract Message
    Afeku Ifu
    Dan Mangan
    Ani Difranco

I'm not fond of all their songs, but might be worth checking out.

EDIT: Oh also this random chick on Youtube that won't tell people her name so I have no idea wtf. But she's amazing.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by eternal essence View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceglow View Post

The XX - Intro

The XX - Night Time

The XX - Infinity

Some of the parts in those songs were seriously beautiful.

I've gotten into a local Perth band recently; Minute 36

The lyrics in 'Golden Glove Humility' are amazing, so proud these guys are from W.A.

Those songs are some of my favourites on the album, if you want the full thing though you can just hop on msn and add me. I'll send you the entire album it's so damn good!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    Recently I discovered:

St. Vincent
    Lisa Shaw
    Q-Burns Abstract Message
    Afeku Ifu
    Dan Mangan
    Ani Difranco

I'm not fond of all their songs, but might be worth checking out.

EDIT: Oh also this random chick on Youtube that won't tell people her name so I have no idea wtf. But she's amazing.
    I really enjoy St. Vincent. And I live near Ani Difranco's concert hall -- I don't really like her all that much, though... but she brings good bands to the area.

I've been loving on the band YACHT lately. Except their disclaimer for the music video is lame, so I'm now slightly disappointed in them. But it's my favorite song so far.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Just discovered Waked Lunch today - You can listen to some of her songs here. Very eerie, abstract, and industrial.

Also discovered Guitar Wolf. Not a big fan of punk, but they remind me of Balzac and I do like Balzac. Annnnd, Naya Marie. She's aight.