Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what party do you use???

Default what party do you use???

i usually use cloud, cid, and yuffie just because they are my favorite characters lol

before i get to rocket town i use red/nanaki in place of cid

I usually use cloud, red, and yuffie! and sometimes i put in vincent instead of red
    BERRY-SAN'S COMEBACK

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

According to this old school guide, my party should be Cloud, Aeris and Tifa!

I tended to rotate my party fairly regularly, depending on my mood. Everyone saw action from time to time.

I also tended to assign everyone an element, at least in the early game. They'd get that element's materia linked to an All for their main offensive spell.

Cloud=Lightning
    Barret=Earth
    Tifa=Ice
    Aeris=Holy (though sadly, no direct Holy damage spells available, and I'm pretty sure Alexander was only found after she died, so I just gave her Cure linked to All)
    Red XIII=Fire
    Yuffie=Water (Mainly through Leviathan)
    Cait Sith=Gravity
    Vincent=Bio
    Cid=Air

Everyone also had their particular Command Materia, but I'm going to have to think back on how I distributed those.
    It was tough work, carrying two hundred and twenty pounds of sociopath to the top of Gotham Towers~~ The hightest spot in the city. The scream alone is worth it.- Batman, The Dark Knight Returns.

Tifa, Cloud and Vincent...but i realised that Vincents limits were terrible so i replaced Vincent with Cid.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Cloud and Cid were in for sure. Third one would be either Barret or Yuffie. If only Aerith would be available later on, her Limit Breaks would pwn everything.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Cloud, Yuffie, and Barret

Blog Entries

Cloud, Tifa and Yuffie.

Sometimes Vincent replaces one of the girls.

Not coming back. BarelySeeAtAll's Avatar

Cloud, Cid, and Tifa. She was stronger than Cloud once, and it scared me a lot.

I am not a man

Cloud, Barret and Red.
    When we dance, it looks just like Fire.

When we sing, it sounds the same tone.

Blog Entries

On more recent playthroughs, I have used Cloud, Red, and Tifa.

When I was young, I'd use Cloud, Yuffie, and Vincent.

Before I used Cloud, Red, and Tifa, I liked to use Cloud, Cid, and either Yuffie or Vincent.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Cloud, Tifa, Cid has been my main party for the majority of my playthroughs.

90% of the time that I played the game it was the typical cloud barret and cid...might do a playthrough with cloud red and tifa or barret

Cloud, Barret, Tifa

Blog Entries

Well I'll like to point out why I pick these characters or why I don't.

Barret is good, yes, but his missing score weapon sucks when you are loaded with master materia. This is because Master Materia has no AP and that's what the missing score deals damage with... AP.

Same with Vincent (another long range character). His Death Penalty deals damage due to how many enemies he's killed with it. I think it takes too long to raise it up plus his limit breaks suck imo. This is just my word, but I like to have control over the character.

Red XIII is a good character but I don't like his limit breaks too much. I'm not sure about what his weapon details are for unlimited moon, but I know that it's neither good or bad to me. Its not crapped out like Missing Score or Death Penalty. His limit breaks just isn't worth it compared to other hard hitters like Cloud, Barret, Cid, Tifa, or Yuffie (Doom of the Living). He does have a second level limit break that deals multiple damage but it isn't all that great.

Tifa is a good character but I have a problem with both her ultimate weapon and her limit breaks. In order for you to do max damage with her ultimate weapon you need to have a good size limit bar. Then when you use the limit break you will be doing petty damage until you get the bar up again. About her limit breaks, I hate missing and not getting the full 7 hits. Other characters are a sure thing but not hers. Its a little unfair.

Cait Sith only has two limit breaks and his weapon is based the same as Ultima Weapon, more HP = more damage. I dislike slots and dice is not all that great either. Plain and simple... I just don't like this character.

Cid is a Bad@$$ to me. Not only is his character in the game pretty good, Although he is the last character introduced if you get yuffie and vincent the moment you can. Anyways his ultimate weapon is based off the MP he has. If you have a high MP his weapon will do Max damage. His level 3 and 4 limit breaks can do crazy damage. Its a little random with a group of bad guys but on a one on one fights his limits can kill straight out. So I pick him as one of my main party members.

Okay now every one will have to pick cloud. So I'll skip him and just say that he is in my main party... duh.

Yuffie has a crap last limit break but her second level 3 limit break is one of my favorites in the game. I love her ultimate weapon cause it seems to me that there is no penalty that I've ever seen. If anything its got a boost. It can morph without dealing less damage then attacking. Atleast for me. The point is... Yuffie is in my main party of three.

So to answer its Cloud, Yuffie, Cid, Barret, Tifa, Red XIII, Vincent, Cait Sith in that order. Aeris would be up there if it was possible.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.