Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Most frustrating moment you've had in FFVII

Default Most frustrating moment you've had in FFVII

one time i was playing the basketball game at wonder square and got up to 310 GP and was on DOUBLE CHANCE going for 620 and then i MISSED IT and went down to 1 GP grrrrrrr

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Trying to beat Speed Square legitimately. I've still never obtained the Parasol weapon for Aerith.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

My last playthrough I got that and all the other goodies right off the bat. It was incredible, I'd never done it before and here I was cleaning up. I thought I'd cheated somehow.

I think my most frustrating moment was when I got to Diamond Weapon the first time I ever played it. I could never beat him. I tried so many times. Eventually I restarted the game because I was getting bored with not progressing the plot any further. I got to Diamond again and was expecting another tough fight but beat him the first time. I check the save file from the other game and my characters were a little lower than the previous game's characters.

I can only assume it was because I became more familiar with the game and learned some new tricks but it was pretty aggravating. I didn't feel any better at the game.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

My most frustrating moment is I couldn't figure a way to revive Aerith! But after I check the net and realize it is not possible without cheats, I feel even more frustrated by the fact that I can't kill her myself after wasting all my time frustrating over how to revive her!

Probably for me it was right after I beat Diamond Weapon for the first time, and the cut scene that followed froze up. Repeatedly. Every time the Cannon was about to fire the game just froze. I ended up having to buy a new copy due to some small scratch.

Game play wise, probably the battle arena in the Gold Saucer when I would go in prepared to crush, and then it would break some crittical type of materia my whole plan was counting on. Either that, or trying to take on Emerald and Ruby Weapons before I knew about Knights of the Round materia.
    It was tough work, carrying two hundred and twenty pounds of sociopath to the top of Gotham Towers~~ The hightest spot in the city. The scream alone is worth it.- Batman, The Dark Knight Returns.

On my first play-though facing the Demon Wall. Or 'wall boss' as I called him. That twonk made me give up for months.

I still get frustrated every time I start a new save though, due to the fact I know I have to sit through that mind numbing flashback when in Kalm for the first time.

Contributions
    • Contributions to EoFF Census project

The path between the Sector 5 Slums and Wall Market, just before the playground. Playing the game on PC in 1998 I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get through it. There's this pole that's actually a bridge, but the thing looks like it's jutting vertically into the air so I had no idea I had to run across it. Seriously, like two hours. Cloud and Aeris were stacked by the end of it, though. I actually almost even stopped playing out of frustration, but I found the atmosphere and characters so engaging that I couldn't put it down.

Other than that, I don't find FF7 to be a particularly frustrating game. This is good, because I am easily frustrated.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

There are 2 for me, the scene at Kalm with the flashback and the planet lesson in Cosmo Canyon... they always take so long and are incredibly boring :/

The most frustrating moments for me would have to be the Kalm flashback whenever i play through a new file, attempting to beat Ruby Weapon (I still haven't beaten him yet), and attempting to breed a gold chocobo, I eventually found that you can give certain items (I don't remember which) to a guy in Kalm and get the chocobo with little effort needed

Quote Originally Posted by |-THE redmage-| View Post
    The most frustrating moments for me would have to be the Kalm flashback whenever i play through a new file, attempting to beat Ruby Weapon (I still haven't beaten him yet), and attempting to breed a gold chocobo, I eventually found that you can give certain items (I don't remember which) to a guy in Kalm and get the chocobo with little effort needed
    Yeah, ironically for you, you need to beat Ruby Weapon to get the item to give to the guy in Kalm for the chocobo.

That time I played the game and was let down was pretty frustrating.

Zing!

But really, I got stuck in that that stupid ice mountain place forever my first time.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

ruby and aeris
    After you get the sand off my boots make me a sandwich

Blog Entries

When I was younger, I could not ever easily beat Rapps or Demon Wall. I know that everyone always has trouble with those two, but I am no different.

Also, as a kid, I could not do the train in Corel. I don't know why, but I could never get it through my skull that I had to alternate levers, and I'd just push all the buttons I could.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Cary Armor.

Blog Entries

Frickin' Rapps!